As Shugoki, how do you counter Conqueror's shield bash?

It seems Shugoki cannot dodge it when there's not enough space around it.

Plus, when Conqueror goes full defensive I couldn't find any buyable option. It seems to be the issue not limited to this setup though.

Originally Posted by Pillowseller Go to original post
    It seems Shugoki cannot dodge it when there's not enough space around it.

Plus, when Conqueror goes full defensive I couldn't find any buyable option. It seems to be the issue not limited to this setup though.
    You don't you throw yourself off the edge.

Merlox123's Avatar Member
    The Shugoki is pretty horrible right now, Dodge isn't an option. you won't be able to dodge Warden's charge. the flying headbut from warlord. shield bashes from any class. or the even the jump attack from the Peacekeeper.

They did a pretty poor job at balancing joke character of For Honor.

Don't get me started on how crappy he is vs any characters who do flurry of light attacks.
     1 people found this helpful

Sad news indeed... thanks guys.

I'll make fool of myself and keep trying to find ways until I'm broken anyway, but probably will be switching to another heavies in near future.

only thing you can do is try to block attacks between bashes so you can create some space that will allow your well timed side dash to work.

If you don't have enough room to dodge it, sometimes a well timed light attack can do the trick. It's easy to forget that unblockable moves are not uninterruptable. If you KNOW he's going to drop a shieldbash, try swinging with a light attack as soon as you get out of stunned state, and you might catch them off guard. Follow up with headbutt to drain them of stamina and prevent them from doing it again.

You can dodge conquerors shield bash by dodging left or right. You can dodge wardens charge by using double roll only.

I never tried it... But what if you do your own Unblockable?

Either the sprinting charge or the Demon Rush.

actually you can both side dash these moves, only from a certain distance. It won't work in close range.

I never have a problem with the shieldcharge. The conquerer is slow, like the shugoki so the best thing you can do is capitalize on your stance and let that soak the charge while you prepare a mighty swing with your can opener. They can't interrupt you after a shieldbash as your hit will come faster than theirs. Just remember to read their actions and prepare to strike well before the actual charge hits. And when they anticipate that, remember to feint on that heavy and maybe grant them the magical hug of friendship