Hidden stance downsides + Dash attacks.

The hidden stance seems to give up a tempo. Most characters (Mostly PK , raider and valk) seem to be able to attack again before I can kick/attack, meaning if I come out of hidden stance I need to block or take damage. Is this normal or am I messing something up? What's the purpose of hidden stance if it doesn't give me a tempo? Why not just block?

Also, is hidden stance vulnerable to feint into GB. This has happened to me so rarely that I'm not entirely sure if it's possible to counter the gb from hidden.

On a separate note, assassins have longer dashes and seem to be able to easily dodge most of my attacks granting them a free hit. I don't see why I should attack when characters like PK can easily dash all of my attacks. I would think that I could get a free attack off and any dash attacks would be out of range, but that doesn't seem to be the case. All dashes against my long range attacks will result in me taking damage (so it seems to me).

Basically I feel that I'm unable to do anything except parry because I'll be punished for attacking, I can't hidden stance because it's useless, and so I have to play 100% defensively.

Thanks for any help guys, not trying to complain, maybe I'm just missing something.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure hidden stance can "dodge" the orange unblockable moves like raider's charge , shugoki's charge or nobushi's kick.

Under normal attack I think it's better to just parry it. Use hidden stance to dodge only when it's the heavy attack or it's the end of their attack chain.

Originally Posted by apreasher Go to original post
    Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure hidden stance can "dodge" the orange unblockable moves like raider's charge , shugoki's charge or nobushi's kick.

Under normal attack I think it's better to just parry it. Use hidden stance to dodge only when it's the heavy attack or it's the end of their attack chain.
    This, otherwise yes hidden stance is pretty useless. Use it against conq shield bash and warden shoulderbash in addition to what the above mentioned.

Originally Posted by apreasher Go to original post

with hidden stance you have to time it as well. It's a bit easier, but I find that it's easier to just parry the unblockable attacks as they are slow and always the same, you are right about the charges though, it's an easy hidden stance.

Btw how do you know what peoples attacks chains are? I see in the move lists that there are combos but not all of those are the kind that are fast enough to hit before your opponent can retaliate (not counting parries).

I don't get your problem. In Beta I could just dodge and punish everything. When you see an incoming attack you have to use it to dodge (I think it has invincible frames on start up) and directly attack before enemy can block again.

Originally Posted by Kotourachan Go to original post
    The hidden stance seems to give up a tempo. Most characters (Mostly PK , raider and valk) seem to be able to attack again before I can kick/attack, meaning if I come out of hidden stance I need to block or take damage. Is this normal or am I messing something up? What's the purpose of hidden stance if it doesn't give me a tempo? Why not just block?

Also, is hidden stance vulnerable to feint into GB. This has happened to me so rarely that I'm not entirely sure if it's possible to counter the gb from hidden.

On a separate note, assassins have longer dashes and seem to be able to easily dodge most of my attacks granting them a free hit. I don't see why I should attack when characters like PK can easily dash all of my attacks. I would think that I could get a free attack off and any dash attacks would be out of range, but that doesn't seem to be the case. All dashes against my long range attacks will result in me taking damage (so it seems to me).

Basically I feel that I'm unable to do anything except parry because I'll be punished for attacking, I can't hidden stance because it's useless, and so I have to play 100% defensively.

Thanks for any help guys, not trying to complain, maybe I'm just missing something.
    Think about it; Hidden Stance is not designed to be your one stop shop counter for every attack launched at you, why would you ever use dodge/parry/block if it was?

Sure it can be used to punish slow attacks because your recovery frames are faster than your opponents when they use those types of ability but outside of that you will not recover quick enough to punish. This is where you need to think about what the Nobushi class is designed around, which is keeping your opponent at range and bleeding him.

When and opponent gets close enough to start launching attacks you are already at a disadvantage as a Nobushi, your priority should be to defend and disengage as quickly as possible to reset the fight back to you controlling them at distance(what you are good at) so what hidden stance allows you is some I-frames when being spam LA to get off your disengage ability, (vipers retreat) basically the back dash stab that adds a bleed, at worst you will eat a LA from someone as quick as a PK but the trade damage you deal is higher than her LA so worth it since it adds the bleed and keeps your way of the shark passive running. Or you can decide to block the next attack and swift recoil back resetting distance. The majority of the time hidden stance allows you to regain distance while taking no damage, it is not ment to be a punish counter to all abilities otherwise it would belong to the Orochi.

What i would advise is going into custom mode and setting up each class in turn and working out which attacks you can punish with HS via recovery frames as yeah its basically an easier parry then the other times is use it as a GTFO to regain distance since that is how Nobushi should be played.

Don't also forget that hidden stance can be used to mix up your feint game as it cancels animations when activated, this can be a good way to confuse your opponent since it puts you in neutral stance therefore they have to guess where your next attack is coming from.

Hope that helps.