🛈 Announcement
Greetings! The For Honor forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game

Unplayable during Beta, unplayable now

Hey guys, I see everyone having the same issue as me.

I tried playing the beta with my friends but after the two tutorials, I kept getting kicked out of games with that 6000043 Error code.

I thought i'd try it out because they're all raving about how great the game is so I threw my money at the screen and hoped it'd work after I bought it yesterday.

It was running fine and I played 2 missions with my friend in story mode, but then on the third it kicked me out again for 6000043, which is the anti-cheat thing again. I've never downloaded any cheat programs in my life and I have nothing on my computer that could be construed as malicious in any way. I recently reformatted my computer last month as well and don't spend much time at home.

I forwarded my ports, verified the game files and reinstalled everything but still no dice. It still won't play.

At this point the only thing that's stopping me from getting a refund is my sheer desire to figure out what the heck is going on because this is really obtuse.

Ubisoft's lack of acknowledgement to the issue is obviously just them trying to fix it as soon as possible but it's really frustrating for people like us.

Has anyone managed to get a hold of anyone over the phone at Ubisoft about this or is every correspondence they have just a pre-fabricated response?

An advice on this would be appreciated.

If anyone wants to add me to try out some tests together and find a common issue, my ubiplay account is: thecarterman. HMU and maybe we'll be able to play together some day (?)

Originally Posted by thecarterman Go to original post
    Hey guys, I see everyone having the same issue as me.

I tried playing the beta with my friends but after the two tutorials, I kept getting kicked out of games with that 6000043 Error code.

I thought i'd try it out because they're all raving about how great the game is so I threw my money at the screen and hoped it'd work after I bought it yesterday.

It was running fine and I played 2 missions with my friend in story mode, but then on the third it kicked me out again for 6000043, which is the anti-cheat thing again. I've never downloaded any cheat programs in my life and I have nothing on my computer that could be construed as malicious in any way. I recently reformatted my computer last month as well and don't spend much time at home.

I forwarded my ports, verified the game files and reinstalled everything but still no dice. It still won't play.

At this point the only thing that's stopping me from getting a refund is my sheer desire to figure out what the heck is going on because this is really obtuse.

Ubisoft's lack of acknowledgement to the issue is obviously just them trying to fix it as soon as possible but it's really frustrating for people like us.

Has anyone managed to get a hold of anyone over the phone at Ubisoft about this or is every correspondence they have just a pre-fabricated response?

An advice on this would be appreciated.

If anyone wants to add me to try out some tests together and find a common issue, my ubiplay account is: thecarterman. HMU and maybe we'll be able to play together some day (?)
    Pretty much the same as what happened to me. I have not bought it but first beta i got through the tutorials and second beta I got this same error like 10 seconds into the tutorial and could nto even do that.
    I reached out to Ubi and only get either the "verify your files" response or just "thanks for the input".
    I also reached out to Easy Anticheat during the first beta because some were posting that Ubi phone support was telling them to. They NEVER responded to me at all.

Easy Anti Cheat is Broken

Originally Posted by eric.pope Go to original post
    Hello PC Warriors,

We saw many occurrences of players struggling to enter in the battlefield because of the infamous error 006000043. We are still investigating the exact causes of this error, but some players are able to resolve this issue by checking the game installation of the game. If you get an error message describing an integrity violation while in the game, your current game session has become "untrusted." Multiplayer sessions will not be available in this state until the game has been restarted from desktop:

When using Steam, update to the latest game version by verifying the integrity of the game cache:
    https://support.steampowered.com/kb_...2037-QEUH-3335

When using Uplay, update to the latest game version by verifying the game files:
    https://support.ubi.com/en-Us/Faqs/0...-Game-in-Uplay

Verifying Easy Anti Cheat install by going to the For Honor installation directory, under EasyAntiCheat\, right click EasyAntiCheat_Setup.exe and choose 'Run as Admin'. Then choose any game from the list and click the Install button.

If the game files integrity verifications do not fix your issue, we need your help ! Please contact our customer support and send the following information in your investigation request:

Thanks for your help!
    I've tried everything you mentioned. It still kicks me for absolutely no reason. I dont have hacks installed, nor do I have any graphical enhancers. I just have a few games, Steam, Uplay, and Origin. I deleted everything else during the closed beta to make it stop. Of course, it didnt. I'd love it if I didnt get kicked in the middle of a story mode set to realistic when a checkpoint sends me all the back. I'd like it if your company could find a fix for this problem. Otherwise, ****ing good job. The game is fantastic when it works,

I won't purchase until I hear that this issue has been fixed. Not worth the guaranteed fight for a refund when i buy the game and it still doesn't work.

EasyAntiCheat is detecting one or more of the files generated by XBox 360 Controller Emulator as a hack. The three files are: "xinput1_3.dll", "x360ce.ini" and "xinput9_1_0.dll", and are placed in the /ForHonor/ folder. They can be generated by downloading and using the XBox 360 Controller Emulator configurator in the /ForHonor/ folder, then deleting the configuration program itself leaving only those three files.

XBox 360 Controller Emulator lets you use a wider array of controllers and remap keys. It is not a program or cheat (and cannot be used to cheat,) but rather a method of enabling or customizing the way X Input (the API that most modern Windows programs use to listen to controllers) reads a controller.

Basically, x360ce creates a filter for the controller input for what button is being pressed. This is necessary if X Input does not detect or support the controller (such as reportedly a Dual Shock 3 controller or Big Ben controller). This is also useful if you want to use a controller with a customized mapping, and currently necessary for controllers that For Honor has preconfigured mappings. (E.g. map the guard-break button to Left Bumper instead of X for a faster reaction time.) This is despite the existence of legacygamepads.ini, in which you can supposedly edit the mappings for various controllers (but any customization of standard mappings is entirely ignored.)

AFAIK this is the first instance in which EasyAntiCheat is being applied to a hardcore PvP PC game where controllers are a competitive pick, and thus the first real time Ubisoft has needed to confront this issue. Other PC PvP games for which controllers are popular, such as Rocket League, do not conflict with x360ce. I think any Anti Cheat system that is locking out legitimate players clearly needs to be quickly fixed or scrapped until a better solution is developed.

Tl;dr: Please stop flagging those files as cheats!

This issue has not been fixed as of 17th February.

I had this issue UNTIL I disabled UPnP on my router. Issue has gone completely. Verifying the game integrity did nothing.

Originally Posted by Onzonio Go to original post

I had this issue UNTIL I disabled UPnP on my router. Issue has gone completely. Verifying the game integrity did nothing.
    This didn't fix it but it made it a hell of alot better. Isn't this the opposite of what they tell you to do to fix it too? Lol

I still have this issue despite doing everything that was recommended, what other options do I have?

Originally Posted by Onzonio Go to original post

Strange... I tried this on both my routers (I have one acting as a repeater to extend my network), and now I've gone from a green NAT to yellow. Haven't tried connecting to see if it fixed the error, figured I'd troubleshoot the bad NAT first.

Opened ticket.