Can you block/dodge/parry/deflect/gb after the enemy has parried your attack?

Hey guys!

I was playing as Orochi vs Conqueror for a solid 8 hours and I I found that after the conqueror parried my attack, I was staggered and nothing would save me from his next attack (block,dodge,deflect,parry) and so I tried to do it to him as well and found that he wasn't have to counter my GB after I parried him, BUT was able to block/parry/dodge my heavies after I parried his attacks.

I understand that parries give you a frame advantage, but I was wondering if there were any counter play to some of the moves your opponent can do after he parries your attack.

The most obvious example I have is the Orochi 2 light fast overhead, I would keep pressing the buttons and get the 3rd one in, but he would just parry it everytime as it is very slow, and then I wasn't able to do anything no matter what his next attack was.

Thank you!
    MisterGreen

if he parries a light attack it guarantees a heavy....you were probably parrying heavy attacks and that does not guarantee a heavy in return

You can't. Parry=free damage.

That's why "high-level" meta revolves entirely waiting for the other party to attack first, then getting free damage off option-selected (cancel heavy attack button) safe parries .
     3 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by LothborkSenpai Go to original post
    You can't. Parry=free damage.

That's why "high-level" meta revolves entirely waiting for the other party to attack first, then getting free damage off option-selected (cancel heavy attack button) safe parries .
    thanks for the reply, parrying attacks isnt that hard, its so punishing, there should be more frames for counter play imo, or a safer way to go on the offensive? whats your take on it?