🛈 Announcement
Greetings! The For Honor forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game

Stuttering ! I am truly annoyed!

I have a GTX 1080TI 11GB i7 2.5 16gb ram.

Played the story mode up to mission 1.6 with NO STUTTERING!
    3840X2160 Extreme setting!!!

I have used ALT+F4 to exit game and now it is a total joke, it seems to just freeze and stutter random!

This is bad bad bad am so pissed. What's the fix?!?

ubi--unicorn's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hey FwT0m4tr0n, have you tried these steps? I especially recommend disabling background applications. If so, please make sure to create a support ticket with your MSINFO/DXDIAG. Thanks!

I've had a problem, the game would just extremely lag from time to time

I don't know if this will work for you as it worked for me but i just had to change the display mode from fullscreen to borderless window. I hope this helps

UbiShikallum's Avatar Community Manager
    Thanks for sharing your fix, hopefully this can help other players.

So basically, it's been three years and they haven't done anything about this.
    Just reinstalled the game, all confident of my new 3060Ti, and the frame pacing is still all over the place.
     1 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by Papa.Koulikov Go to original post
    So basically, it's been three years and they haven't done anything about this.
    Just reinstalled the game, all confident of my new 3060Ti, and the frame pacing is still all over the place.
    and the old task manager fix doesn't work anymore, saying Access Denied. Googling this showed that it might be an EAC thing they did to the game around 2018, and still haven't fixed.

Ubi-Swaggins's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hey Themurloc,

Thank you for reaching out.

What troubleshooting steps have you completed so far?

Late response, since I wasn't expecting to get a reply on this.
    I've tried:
    -The task manager priority/affinity fix, which, as of an update some time in 2018 no longer works. Some say due to changes to the game's anti-cheat.
    -Trying every other type of vsync setting and minimum graphics settings.
    -Updating graphics drivers
    -Made sure no bluetooth controllers are connected.
    -Opening so and so ports in my network's configuration (since this seems to happen most often, but not always, in online matches while people are joining or leaving)
    -Specifying in NVIDIA settings which GPU to use to run the game.
    -Closing background applications

The only fix i've found online that I haven't been able to truly try is the priority/affinity fix since it says "The operation could not be completed. Access is denied", which from what i've seen looking this problem up, is a common issue for anyone trying this fix post 2018. Nobody who has had this problem has gotten an answer.

Hey Themurloc,

Thanks for the detailed summary.

Have you opened a support ticket on this previously? If so, can you tell me the ticket number?

I have not. I assumed it wouldn't help given the length of time the issue has apparently been evident with no people able to find a fix.

if you think it might actually help Ill submit one now

ubi-smash's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hey Themurloc, sorry for the lateness in getting back to your post. I see that you have an open case already and have done a fair amount of troubleshooting with the team already. I see that Ubi-Copper shared some further steps to try regarding the system information gathered from your last MSINFO shared. Please keep us posted on your ticket if you have exhausted the last steps given so we can continue taking a deeper look over this with you. Thank you for your overall patience while our team continues to help review this.

I have the same problems with my system
    Ryzen 9 5950x, asus rog crosshair dark hero, rtx 3090 Strix, Samsung ssd m.2 980Pro
    These stutters are described in great detail here - https://steamcommunity.com/app/30439...scn=1624742993
    I contacted the author of the topic and he said that he created the ticket back in May, but the technical support did not offer any solution.

Hey DezDechad0,

I am sorry to hear that you've also been encountering these issues. Can you confirm if you have lowered your graphics settings and whether you have V-Sync and Motion Blur on or off?

Stutters appear randomly on any graphics settings. V-Sync is usually turned off, but with stuttering enabled there is. Blur is disabled

Hey DezDechad0,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Are you able to confirm if these stutters take place on specific maps or if they can occur on any in your experience?

Massive framedrops since last update

As the the title suggests I have been suffering from massive framedrops during combat since the new arc has been introduced. Despite using the same settings and hardware for years.
    Here's what I did so far: I updated my drivers, ran a Memtest, stressed my GPU and CPU, reverted the overclock of the latter and finally reduced all the settings ingame to the point where I was using 50% to 70% of GPU and CPU at best. Still my frames drop down to 30 when fighting at times which makes PvP an absolute pain int he ***. Try parrying someone when there's sudden stutter mid fight.

I could really use some help here and would be grateful for some meaningful input. I literally got the game with the GPU I am using right now and it worked just fine for years.

Win10
    intel i5-4690 @ 3.5 GHz ( tho up to 4,2 if overclocked)
    16gb Ram
    GTX 1060 6GB

Stuttering happens everywhere. And in duels, too. I didn't notice any pattern.

Hello, where can I find techsupport?

I have also been experiencing this issue for quite some months now. It's not the first time, but this last period has been the longest stretch and I have been playing this game since pre-alpha testing. I get probably 110fps avg at 4k max settings, sometimes dipping into the 90's but my 99% fps is closer to 45. This doesn't change no matter what I do to the graphics settings, everything at low and set to 1440p the overall fps is higher...probably 130-140, but the 99% remains in the ballpark of 45, Running a 9700k and an RTX 3080,,,this is the only game I have played/tested with this issue.

ubi-smash's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hey everyone, my apologies for the lateness with getting back to this thread. If you have any background applications running while playing For Honor, I would test disabling programs that you may see that might cause the frame drops and stuttering seen during combat. If you have already checked this out and exhausted all PC Troubleshooting Steps in our guide here, could you please create a support ticket with your system files attached to share this with our development to further review?

So I noticed something very weird yesterday: maybe my issue is something different. When a 4v4 match loads there's the "face off "screen where all the 8 heroes are standing in front of each other and after a few matches I suddenly noticed my frames go down to 25-30 whenever several heroes are shown together on screen, be it in the match or that loading screen. So I lowered everything to absolut min under the graphics option to make sure it isn't jsut my system that's to weak but it still happened. Then I restarted the game and lo nad behold, I got my 60 frames on high settings again. A match later, the stuttering was back.

I tried to make screenshots but unfortunately the Nvidia overlay doesn't show on them.

Ubi-Redbeard's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Thanks for reporting this to us, Iskarioth..

Are you able to provide a short video of this for investigation?

I honestly wouldn't know how to make a video but I will try to get a few screenshots