Nobushi may be a tad op

Ok so you know Nobushi's lovely little side dash attacks? They can both be canceled into a dodge on hit (or on block in the heavies case). And they hit in opposite directions (the light hitting on the dodge direction and the heavy hitting on the opposite side)this gives Nobushi a vortex that is very hard to punish and react to and i feel that it could use a tone down.
     4 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by FancySynonym Go to original post
    Ok so you know Nobushi's lovely little side dash attacks? They can both be canceled into a dodge on hit (or on block in the heavies case). And they hit in opposite directions (the light hitting on the dodge direction and the heavy hitting on the opposite side)this gives Nobushi a vortex that is very hard to punish and react to and i feel that it could use a tone down.
    I Personaly use this. s+LMC , than cancel into side dash with Heavy attack ( which hits opposite direction ) than s+LMC than again side dash and so on. It is a loop.
    If your opponent get used to it and start blocking the Heavy attack ( which personally to me happened only vs player 30+ level ) you can start using the light version too.
    But yes basically it is a vortex (50/50) situation.

The recovery of the side dash heavy is very slow, even if you go to hidden stance. I find the kick is a better option after it, if your opponent isn't ood at dodging it.

How you do it ? i try for 20 min but don't work for me maybe i don't have the timing. I think it's not op since it's use of feint. In comparaison warden shoulder/ light attack spam is far easier and no one complain about it.

My father in law and I just started playing last night, with the open beta, and we mostly did duels to practice and figure out the moves and gameplay.

Regardless of class, I almost always 3-0'd him, guess I was getting the hang of the combos and blocking faster.

Then he learned how to do that long range side-dodge bleed attack, and after learning to spam that one move I'm lucky if I beat him in one out of ten rounds.

So yea, I'm definitely going to call op here.
     1 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by Altair_Snake Go to original post
    The recovery of the side dash heavy is very slow, even if you go to hidden stance. I find the kick is a better option after it, if your opponent isn't ood at dodging it.
    Well yes but Nobushi can just dodge out of it if she ever needs to block. Or she can just do hidden stance which if timed well will just restart her vortex.

Originally Posted by Lynx7386 Go to original post
    My father in law and I just started playing last night
    So yea, I'm definitely going to call op here.
    Wow dude. Wow.

Originally Posted by Kintoun Go to original post
    Wow dude. Wow.
    Ok, let me rephrase that: I may not be all that experienced with this particular game yet, but experience with gaming In general usually says that if one ability completely changes the playing field, it's probably not all that well designed. When you go from consistently losing to consistently winning because of one ability alone, something needs to change.

Firstly Nobushi and Warden are my mains. lets use yesterday's match as an example. I was playing a 2v2 honor match (so no ganging up) as Nobushi against another really good Nobushi player and a raider. I played about 7 matches against them. This nobushi player was very good, he was able to beat me and my friend all most every time. He knew every combo and when to use and how to use them to push us off cliffs. BUT, then i swapped to the Warden. I then destroyed the nobushi player time and time again. WHY? because i didn't need to wait for the red arrow to appear to know where to block. Nobushi 's attacks have large tells and most of her main combos can only attack from one direction (usually above). As warden i would block every combo then respond with a counter attack or that double light attack combo from the same side.

Also someone said this above and they are right. She goes through stamina very quickly. make her use it up to gain rage, then attack when her stamina is low or you have rage.

Basically Nobushi is only hard atm because everyone is still new to the game. i believe she wont seem op once people have played the game more.
     1 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by EIectron Go to original post
    Firstly Nobushi and Warden are my mains. lets use yesterday's match as an example. I was playing a 2v2 honor match (so no ganging up) as Nobushi against another really good Nobushi player and a raider. I played about 7 matches against them. This nobushi player was very good, he was able to beat me and my friend all most every time. He knew every combo and when to use and how to use them to push us off cliffs. BUT, then i swapped to the Warden. I then destroyed the nobushi player time and time again. WHY? because i didn't need to wait for the red arrow to appear to know where to block. Nobushi 's attacks have large tells and most of her main combos can only attack from one direction (usually above). As warden i would block every combo then respond with a counter attack or that double light attack combo from the same side.

Also someone said this above and they are right. She goes through stamina very quickly. make her use it up to gain rage, then attack when her stamina is low or you have rage.

Basically Nobushi is only hard atm because everyone is still new to the game. i believe she wont seem op once people have played the game more.

Agreed. I have only used Nobushi the whole time. One of the major things i noticed is that nobushi burns through her stamina fast. She isn't one to stay exchanging blows for long. So range is not only for advantage of reach but also helps her keep good management of her stamina.

If you ever come across a nobushi who spams light attacks. Don't even try to parry. Just block your way through it. 3 repetitions of attack will have her with little to nothing stamina.

*and yes she can change direction of her combos, the timing is very fast though. I can use her normal 3 hit light attack combo from 3 directions. Also characters with shields give her a hard time since her only guard break option has little range this means that she has to risk the close range against shields.