Zoro's Avatar Community Representative

R6 Community Discusses: Bank

This weeks discussion will focus on the map Bank. This series has been added to the R6 forums to facilitate discussions in the community involving operator use, gadgets and strategy that often get buried or lost in the abundance of others posts that flood the forums.

The goal of this series is to not only give new players a primer on a specific operator or map, but also for mid-level or competitive players a chance to share the knowledge that they have accrued in their experiences and maybe let people know something that they did not know before.

For the next week we will discuss Bank.

Link to Bank Info HERE
    Bank Wiki
    Rainbow Six Complete Guide

Below are some discussion points we would like to see from community members that decide to respond. Feel free to discuss other information that may be helpful to the community about this map. Posts that do not contribute to the healthy discussion of this thread will be removed.

1) In your opinion, what is the best area of the map for defenders/attackers?
    2) Which Operators shine on this map? Which operators have you struggled with here?
    3) The camera placement, how well is the map covered by defender cameras?
    4) Objective placements, which is your favorite location? Least favorite?
    5) Which game modes do you prefer on this map?
    6) Spawn locations. yay or nay on the current locations?
    7) Has this map made you play the game differently?
    8) Map layout, what do you think of the design of this map?
    9) What is something that a new player should know when playing this map?
    10) What is your overall opinion of this map? Where would you rank it among the other maps in the game?

Link to past discussions that are still open for your posting pleasure:

Operators

Tachanka
    Doc
    Ash

Maps
    Bartlett University
    Skyscraper
     1 people found this helpful

- Best defending area on this map has to be the vault/lockers. No matter what team you get this is an easy defend against most players(casual). Best for attackers is CEO office.

2) Which Operators shine on this map? Which operators have you struggled with here?

- Hibana is really usefull for this map becouse there is many hatches. Fuze is really good if the defenders are in Open Area, or Archives.

- The camera's couldn't be better, they all cover important areas of the map.

- My favorite location is Archives, and Lockers. the worst is CEO office.

- Bomb and Secure Area are great for this map.

- Back alley is a nay, it is way easy to get spawnkilled there.

- it has not.

- this map has everything a map needs. You can sit tight and defend, you can be a roamer with multiple flank options. It's in general a good map i prefer.

- A new player should know that the skylights are a no-go, not to rappel on the sides into lobby, and to watch the windows when entering as there is often people staying right next to them at this map.

10) What is your overall opinion of this map? Where would you rank it among the other maps in the game?

- I would give this map an 7/10, i like this map. It is well designed and it looks good. The only thing i dislike about this map is the fact that defenders can flank the garage with ease, trapping people inside by having enemies at both sides.

1. Attackers: CEO office, garage, rooftops. Defenders: everywhere.
    2. All operators shine on this map.
    3. Perfect but I wish there was a camera watching the hallway of the 2nd floor near the elevators.
    4. Every location is my favourite.
    5. All game modes.
    6. Only jewelry front could assure a safe spot. I have seen spawnkills on parking front from inside the building and alley access is too dangerous.
    7. No. Still use same playstyle as always.
    8. Perfect.
    9. Enjoy the map, use anything because this map has a lot of flex and cool tactics to try. Just never, as an attacker, enter the main hall. Use the roof to your advantage. For defenders, enjoy. You will not have a more enjoyable map than this when defending.
    10. I would give this a 10/10 if it weren't for parking front because you can get spawnkilled once you spawn at parking front. Other than that, the map is perfect. So many fun things to do. Map bias is neutral, doesn't favor either side, lots of hiding spots, this map is just pure fun and I just wish that this map could have more rounds than the normal. I die on purpose if we have a big lead in casual to get more playing time in this map because you can just do whatever you want. Although, I would like to see a camera on the 2nd floor hallway near the elevators and also a spawn for attackers on the roof or a helicopter drop to prevent spawnkilling because not all of us have lightning reactions. This map seems to have the potential for an airborne spawn, which would look cool and classy. I would just like to highlight that defenders going out in the sewer should not be detected because it is underground and that attackers should still be more aware when they go down the sewer. Enjoy the map because it is one that allows huge variation. All areas in the map are good because they do not favor any side, even in vault. I give this map a 9/10 total because of the spawnkill spots, but a 10/10 in terms of variability and fun when you survive the spawnkill time.

He4DSh0t93's Avatar Member
    1) The basement level seems to be the most picked and easiest to defend if you're going to sit with the objective. Ground floor gives a good balance if you have roamers etc when defending. The top floor is quite easy to attack now with the addition of Hibana.
    2) I use Hibana mostly on this map when attacking. I usually use Mute when defending. Having a marksman outside, such as Glaz, is useful for keeping an eye out for roamers.
    3) Camera placement seems good.
    4) Defending the top floor always feels a bit more difficult, though attacking it can be fun with the right operators. My favourite place to defend is the basement.
    5) I like hostage on this map - using operators such as Fuze requires a bit more strategic thinking.
    6) Spawn locations are fine - people seem to like to spawn rush the alley entrance but I've not seen anybody actually succeed now for awhile.
    7) The fact that such a large portion of the building is visible through the windows means that if I'm roaming, I need to think carefully about where I can be seen from.
    8) The design is good - there's a good balance between breachable surface and non-breachable.
    9) There are a lot of hiding places away from the objective - new players should make sure to use drones properly before entering a new room. From experience, the defenders could literally be anywhere as the map is so easy to traverse quickly.
    10) This map is definitely in my top 5. It requires a lot more thinking and a lot less fast reflexes, when compared with a map such as Plane where you can wing it just by having a good aim/fast response.

- I think the best location for defense is Lockers/Vault and best location to attack is CEO Office or Open Area.

- Defenders: Jäger, Caviera, and essentially any other roamer work really well on this map due to the multiple levels and angles of attack. It can make for some phenomenal flanks. Mira is also changing stuff up by being great at locking down previously easy-to-breach areas with the mirror gadget. Anchor style defenders like Rook, Doc, and Kapkan work well to hold the objective down too.
    - Attackers: Pretty much all attackers work really well on this map, based on game mode (no Fuze with hostage now...). I'd say leave behind IQ, Blitz, and Glaz.

- I think the camera coverage is great, can't think of any better placement.

- Favorite objective placements has to be Lockers and Archives on Secure Area, Vault with Hostage, and the Open Area bomb location in Bomb. Least favorite is CEO Office.

- I really like Bomb and Secure Area

- Get rid of Back Alley (or redesign that part of the map so you can't get spawn killed so easily), but besides that, yay.

- It's one of the maps that teaches you how to control a non-objective floor above in order to better hit the objective (as attackers) using hatches and floorboards.

- I like it for the most part. I think the CEO Office is a pain to defend but I don't know if that's from an intentionally hard location or if something could be done to improve the defending experience (maybe less breakable windows, cover up that corner office with all the windows overlooking Lobby, there's just too many attack angles for even a full five person team to properly setup defenses for).

- Watch for flanks in this map, they're pretty easy to get killed from.

- I generally like this map, I don't have any specific issues with it and it's not a map that I loath when I see it's loading up. I would rank it 6/10 for CEO Office defense spot and the Back Alley spawn.

I think spawning attackers at the back. Should be spread out more so you cant do the rush out and spam to get lucky headshots because 3x or more are in that lane of fire during Casual.

Ubi-BrokenNinja's Avatar Community Representative
    Originally Posted by GettoHamburgler Go to original post
    1)

- A new player should know that the skylights are a no-go, not to rappel on the sides into lobby, and to watch the windows when entering as there is often people staying right next to them at this map.

- I would give this map an 7/10, i like this map. It is well designed and it looks good. The only thing i dislike about this map is the fact that defenders can flank the garage with ease, trapping people inside by having enemies at both sides.
    Some great feedback, thank you.

Originally Posted by Krisperfectline Go to original post
    New Player Notes:
    9. Enjoy the map, use anything because this map has a lot of flex and cool tactics to try. Just never, as an attacker, enter the main hall. Use the roof to your advantage. For defenders, enjoy. You will not have a more enjoyable map than this when defending.

10. I would give this a 10/10 if it weren't for parking front because you can get spawnkilled once you spawn at parking front. Other than that, the map is perfect. So many fun things to do. Map bias is neutral, doesn't favor either side, lots of hiding spots, this map is just pure fun and I just wish that this map could have more rounds than the normal. I die on purpose if we have a big lead in casual to get more playing time in this map because you can just do whatever you want. Although, I would like to see a camera on the 2nd floor hallway near the elevators and also a spawn for attackers on the roof or a helicopter drop to prevent spawnkilling because not all of us have lightning reactions. This map seems to have the potential for an airborne spawn, which would look cool and classy. I would just like to highlight that defenders going out in the sewer should not be detected because it is underground and that attackers should still be more aware when they go down the sewer. Enjoy the map because it is one that allows huge variation. All areas in the map are good because they do not favor any side, even in vault. I give this map a 9/10 total because of the spawnkill spots, but a 10/10 in terms of variability and fun when you survive the spawnkill time.
    Thanks for these thoughts.

Is this your favorite map that is offered?

Originally Posted by He4DSh0t93 Go to original post
    1) The basement level seems to be the most picked and easiest to defend if you're going to sit with the objective. Ground floor gives a good balance if you have roamers etc when defending. The top floor is quite easy to attack now with the addition of Hibana.
    2) I use Hibana mostly on this map when attacking. I usually use Mute when defending. Having a marksman outside, such as Glaz, is useful for keeping an eye out for roamers.
    3) Camera placement seems good.
    4) Defending the top floor always feels a bit more difficult, though attacking it can be fun with the right operators. My favourite place to defend is the basement.
    5) I like hostage on this map - using operators such as Fuze requires a bit more strategic thinking.
    6) Spawn locations are fine - people seem to like to spawn rush the alley entrance but I've not seen anybody actually succeed now for awhile.
    7) The fact that such a large portion of the building is visible through the windows means that if I'm roaming, I need to think carefully about where I can be seen from.
    8) The design is good - there's a good balance between breachable surface and non-breachable.
    9) There are a lot of hiding places away from the objective - new players should make sure to use drones properly before entering a new room. From experience, the defenders could literally be anywhere as the map is so easy to traverse quickly.
    10) This map is definitely in my top 5. It requires a lot more thinking and a lot less fast reflexes, when compared with a map such as Plane where you can wing it just by having a good aim/fast response.
    Do you have a favorite operator to use on this map?

He4DSh0t93's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by Ubi-BrokenNinja Go to original post
    Do you have a favorite operator to use on this map?
    Attacking: I like to use any operator with a DMR - particularly Glaz. You can generally engage most of the enemy from a distance and double-tapping with a DMR is highly effective.

Defending: I try to use Rook or Doc for similar reasons. Their MP5 with ACOG has good control from a distance. They also both offer a highly advantageous protection boost to the rest of the team.