Fight without focusing

What do you think about this advice?
    https://youtu.be/gJ0dKVtQKRw?t=6m12s

Somebody tried it?

Haven't tried it, but it wouldn't work. All that zerker had to do was forward dash + heavy and maul the guy with his semi-homing leap. Orochi could have used storm rush.

Arent all attacks without a lock on mode top?(Which renders surprise effect to null)

Originally Posted by ArcheDemonm Go to original post
    Arent all attacks without a lock on mode top?(Which renders surprise effect to null)
    Correct, this is probably one of the dumbest things you could do against any non beginner player lol. Not to mention you also can't block or dodge at all and rolls cost a lot of stamina. Anyone with half a brain playing for more than 2 days will also know you can easily punish the rolls if they are doing them like that.

Terrible advice. All of your attacks will come in from one direction, you're practically begging to be parried. This "tactic" would only ever work against noobs.

It does bring to light the insane amount of invincibility frames in rolls though...

Someone who is familiar with the roll mechanics I'm sure could handle this just fine. But obviously the enemies in this clip did not and it's understandable because it is pretty un-intuitive.

I saw a video where someone suggested to fight like this if your opponent is too good to fight traditionally but as the rest of you I disagree. Anyone with even a half amount of skill will not be beat by this.

Originally Posted by Fess2017 Go to original post
    What do you think about this advice?
    https://youtu.be/gJ0dKVtQKRw?t=6m12s

Somebody tried it?
    That was some seriously terrible advice. Sure against a noob itll work but against anyone who is even decent this will not be very effective. I did this a couple of times just screwing around online and paid for it every time.

Nicademusx's Avatar Member
    From a viking raider standpoint you cant fight like that, stamina would drain considerably fast. Which leads me to think this fellow had a "stamina build" on his character. Did anyone else notice how quickly his stamina regenerated?

can't see this working particularly well against the more seasoned warrior. Using the dodge can help if you are in a bind but not locking on your opponent is just going to end badly.

The moment you turn your back is the moment you will loose.