prb17's Avatar Junior Member
    Sorry, new guy here -- where is this F4F landing movie? I would love to watch it. I've poked around for a while but haven't found it.

OK, I'm cool with having sparks, but what is with the dust from the wheels and the prop on takeoff again?

Vertically challenged since 1984.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by prb17:
    Sorry, new guy here -- where is this F4F landing movie? I would love to watch it. I've poked around for a while but haven't found it.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

prb17 - check this thread out for the wildcat movie, it's cool

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums?a=t...65&m=710009507

"There were still others who would fire a quick burst, then quickly break off; or watch somebody else hammer an airplane, then, when the German was already windmilling and going down, dive in and fire a quick burst, then try to share credit for the kill. I had a guy do that to me. Believe me, he never did it again."

Chuck Yeager on kill stealing<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> </pre>

is that all? lol.
    Have any off u see the Lexington?
    Have u notice the Canons on the deck?
    U know that the big cannons were removed before the Pearl harbour atack?
    Early 1941 the lexington had replaced the big cannons for more AA and more deck room.
    I hope the correct it.
    Oh and dont mix it up wiht the Essex class lexington , on the update pic u see the First lexinton and in 1942 it was sunk , in 1944 the CV16 Essex class Lexinton was going in to service.
    S! I/KG26_Oranje

Damn, no in cockpit shot of the carrier landing.

Tater-SW-'s Avatar Senior Member
    That's odd, since this picture was taken on the 14th of October, 1941:

If I recall correctly, Lex had the guns removed on or after March 27th, 1942. I'd tell you for sure, but I lent The First Team to a friend.

Similarly (though on the West Coast), Sara had her guns replaced in 1942 as well.

tater

tater

Guys we all know Oleg's a stickler for realism and detail. Now while this may be off topic, i'm sure that if the guys came off, they'll be gone in the game when the time comes.
    as for the sparks...i didnt notice that

KG26_Oranje
    your wrong on CV16 not entering service till 1944
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> After Caribbean shakedown and yard work at Boston, Lexington sailed for Pacific action via the Panama Canal, arriving Pearl Harbor 9 August 1943. She raided Tarawa in late September and Wake in October, then returned Pearl Harbor to prepare for the Gilbert Islands operation. From 19 to 24 November she made searches and flew sorties in the Marshalls, covering the landings in the Gilberts. Her aviators downed 29 enemy aircraft on 23 and 24 November <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    from the Naval historical centers website

ok u say the date are not correct?
    well i got it from a warships 1900 till 1978.
    by Hugh Lyon and Captain J.E. Moore , R.N.
    Crescent books , from Crown publishers , Inc One park Avenue , New York.
    N.Y. 10016
    ISBN 90 02 13900 2

It say on the Lexington (Ex-Constitution).
    bild by Fore Rivers yard.
    orderd in 1916 as battle cruser.
    hull bild in 8 jan 1921.
    work stopt on 8 Feb 1922.
    orderd as aircraft carrier on 1 july 1922.
    3 okt 1925 relize in water (sorry dont know how to say it in englische).
    Operationel on 14 Dec 1927.
    early 1941 203 mm (8 inch) canons removed and 4x 78mm (3 inch) canons placed.
    1941 dec till may 1942 , patroulles in the Pacific ocean.
    1942 20 feb try to atack Raboul.
    1942 7/9 may battle in the coral sea.
    sunk the carrier Shoho.
    8 may dimige carrier Shokaku , damige by airplane`s from Shokaku and Zuikaku.
    3 hours later fire starts , sunk by torpedo hunter USS Phelps (5 torpedo`s).

Now the Essex class Lexington.
    yep Skull i type the year incorrect sorry.
    CV16 USS Lexington operationel on 17 Feb 1943 till 1991.
    And u cane still vitit her , she is now a museum.
    Her is the link to it : http://www.usslexington.com/curatorad1.shtml.

Well thats all folks i got no more info and maby we find out waht is correct and not.

S! I/KG26_Oranje

VW-IceFire's Avatar Senior Member
    http://www.navsource.org/archives/02/02a.htm

Doesn't appear to have the guns still installed but I'm no expert on the Lexington by any means.

This picture really sets the historical stage for me however: http://www.navsource.org/archives/02/020214.jpg