ELEM's Avatar Senior Member
    The first one of the Spit is interesting. Caught as it turns in to attack a Ju88. Also, the closure rate on the Liberators.

Thanks.

I wouldn't join any club that would have ME as a member!

Thanks a lot !! I'e been wondering where to get Jerman gun footages??

Anyone have gun cam of Erich Hartman's ??
    Thanks in advance.

Franzen's Avatar Senior Member
    These are great Kruder, thx a lot. Something I've always wondered about is why whenever I see guncam footage of a plane being attacked, the pilot never takes evasive action. They always just seem to fly straight as if they don't realize they are being shot. Strange me thinks.

Fritz Franzen

LeadSpitter_'s Avatar Banned
    post some russian guncam clips up for these people to see. Heres everything I have. Buy them it really lets you see how weapon effectiveness should be, and yes they have many that get away.

www.rareaviation.com

http://www.historicaviation.com/hist...unbeXbWvxSwe7-(0CpplRPt)?product=&category=&search=gun+camera

http://www.timelife.com/is-bin/INTER...CategoryName=1

I have seen a few hundred clips of LA YAK LAGG of them burning and loosing wings like zeros from very light german hits from 2x mg caliber only.

Wood was great for fast accelaration in level flight and low speed manueverability. germans brits and russians knew this but for stress limits, damage, max dive speeds, dive accelaration. look why the yak9u stress limits and max dive speed . But everyone has thier own opinions and views that it was stronger then the heavy armor of the p47 and 190 lighter out dove heavier aircraft in dive accelaration etc. But believe me they is wrong

I think it's quite illogical to think wood was better. For the wood to be as strong as metal you need more material. That's why only few were made from wood and wooden construction wasn't continued. Desparate times called for desparate measures. Just my opinion anyway.

Fritz Franzen

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Franzen:
    Something I've always wondered about is why whenever I see guncam footage of a plane being attacked, the pilot never takes evasive action. They always just seem to fly straight as if they don't realize they are being shot.

Fritz Franzen<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes I have often wondered about this myself. Perhaps at the time of attack the other pilot was taken by surprise. Some of the gun camera footage almost seems in slow motion.

Cheers,
    CrazySchmidt.

"Have been here from the beginning, will be here till the end."

Taken by surprise? When I'm flying online and I hear guns I always pull hard to one side. A lot of footage I've seen shows the plane being attack as usually flying straight and taking a lot of hits before bursting into flames or bailing. Of course, I wasn't there and when I'm online I don't worry about my life, just having to take off and get alt again is what I hate.

Fritz Franzen

LeadSpitter_'s Avatar Banned
    well gun cam is 1/4th speed or 1/2 speed. They also have realtime footage like some of the later pacific color footage.

Dont get me wrong delta wood is not just wood but a layered mix wood/plastic material, and then thier bonding agent was really the best there was in wwii. It did have more flex then aluminum but this flex happened at lower speed with alumin heavy aircraft like the 190 p47 p51 p39 where many pilots would crinkle thier panels bending the airframe but its stucture could hold a higher limit before breaking apart something that was changed in early versions of fb and has eliminated the one advantage for the german aircraft that they had when all the breakup speeds were increased of russian ac and the way lighter ac out accelarate a heavy aircraft in a dive but they just give the heavy aircraft a higher breakup speed which does not really help with 100-200 extra limit. becuase the lighter aircraft maintain the 800 speed much much longer then the heavy weight can maintain 950

lost cause really to talk about here and it will just turn into a flame fest. sry didnt mean to change the threads topic but check out those links buy them they are great to have and makes you really appreciate the crews and pilots what they went thru many people are dying in the guncam clips so dont forget that.