🛈 Announcement
Greetings! The For Honor forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game

Some questions about Orochi and Peacekeeper

Well, I post this because after playing like two hours vs Orochi as a Peacekeeper, I can't see any reason to play it. The Orochi is like a better version of the Peacekeeper. I will resume it in some points.

-The moving atack is faster
    -Have more range.
    -The evasion attack to the left or right is faster, can't be blocked by a guard break and is easy to follow up with a combo
    -They can easily punish you for fleeing, since they have an insane range with the withdraw attack.
    -Their charge attack can't be dodged to left or right, since it is homing on you.

Beyond these, I can't see anything where Peacekeeper is greater or anything she can do that Orochi can't. The only thing that I see that Peacekeeper is greater I think, is that she can heavily punish you with a ward break, what will result in maybe half square more of damage than Orochi. I'm a level 30 Peacekeeper (1 Reputation) and I only want to get the point of this, so if someone can explain me why I'm wrong or any deffect to take advantage of, I will be so grateful.

Blocked by a Guard Break?

I haven't played much with either. But I have the impresison that the Peacekeeper can deal mroe damage off of guard breaks, specially if the opponen is low on health or if she is revenge mode (and perhaps also if the is a wall, but I'm not sure on this one). You can double stab, kick, then land a top heavy + the extra stab. I also suspect that her heavies deal effectively more damage, due to the extra stab. And I think her fast attacks are faster than the Orochi, though with a little less range. And she has a sprinting GB, that works just like her normal (awesome) GB. I intend to try her out, if I have the time, before the beta ends.

Originally Posted by Altair_Snake Go to original post
    Blocked by a Guard Break?
    What I want to say is that if the opponent attacks you with a light attack, you can sidestep and then stab him, but if he tries a guard break instead of an attack and you make a sidestep, you will get grabbed, while Orochi already starts the attack and punish the opponent for trying to guard break.

I also suspect that her heavies deal effectively more damage, due to the extra stab.
    Sincerely, I don't feel like is any longer possible to land his heavy strikes without counting the stabs when you make a sidestep or a gap closer step. I just keep getting blocked no matter how I try to prepare them with the combos. The only way to land them is from behind. Another thing that makes this so bad is that since you can't land them, you get it so difficult if you want to execute anybody. If there's any way to make them easier to land, I will be grateful to hear that.

And I think her fast attacks are faster than the Orochi, though with a little less range
    I think this is not true, after the long fight I had yesterday, we hit at the same time I think, except after landing a combo on him, where for some reason, he always attacked first. This with light attacks. Anyway, if he makes his sidestep move, he will hit you and you will fail. He also has de feint where he makes a backstep and then he moves forward to attack.

Cast_1's Avatar Junior Member

jnepaj

I had the same experience as you, then i managed to master the deflection mechanic, and i never lost to orochis again, usually i just didnt get hit. You go aggresive, and bait out their dodge and hit mechanic. Then you deflect it and do the light attack bleed combo you get off of the deflect, wich no one ive played against manage to parry, block, or dodge cause its so freaking fast, and has insane tracking. I would argue the opposite of you acutally, why play orochi, when the peacekeeper is the perfect counter. You hit faster basically with the peacekeeper.

Originally Posted by Cast_1 Go to original post
    I had the same experience as you, then i managed to master the deflection mechanic, and i never lost to orochis again, usually i just didnt get hit. You go aggresive, and bait out their dodge and hit mechanic. Then you deflect it and do the light attack bleed combo you get off of the deflect, wich no one ive played against manage to parry, block, or dodge cause its so freaking fast, and has insane tracking. I would argue the opposite of you acutally, why play orochi, when the peacekeeper is the perfect counter. You hit faster basically with the peacekeeper.
    It's not about countering him or not. I'm just saying that he is better at every single thing. An Orochi can also counter another Orochi because he also features the deflection mechanic. Furthermore, he doesn't even have to time it since he can simply use his sidestep attack and evade it for sure and punish you with a combo including a guardbreak attack.

So I still don't get the point of playing Peacekeeper when you can play Orochi and make everything that she does with lower risk and more rewards.

Ohh, it was in my answer, and its quite simple. Faster animations/attacks. In other words, the better you aree, the better the peacekeeper is compared to the orochi, at least in my experience.

Originally Posted by Cast_1 Go to original post
    Ohh, it was in my answer, and its quite simple. Faster animations/attacks. In other words, the better you aree, the better the peacekeeper is compared to the orochi, at least in my experience.
    After playing +15 Hours with Peacekeeper I can tell you that's false. Peacekeeper doesn't attack faster than Orochi. But well, imagine is true. What's the point of being faster and working better vs one character when you can be highly better vs the 8 characters remaining?

I can agree with you there. Although for med, i played the peacekeeper just better then all the other classes, and murdered everything when i mastered all the combos. Im pretty sure the class that will be best is 90% subjective, in other words, the class you just play the best, although if your best class is not an assasin you will just fail from what ive experienced, as they are just plain better then the other classes.

In my experience, Orochi and Peacekeeper are on about equal footing as assassins but Orochi has much stronger defense.

Orochi seems to have the mobility of peacekeeper, the ability to assault and pressure like beserker, and the defensive capability of nobushi but all combined into one.

I find good Orochis to be nearly untouchable because of this.

I sincerely hope they address this before launch.

Peacekeeper's only advantage is that her GB is more punishing. But honestly classes where you expect GBs for days I find easy because you just set more priority on GB. It's honestly pretty easy to just always expect the GB.

Funny, imo Orochi is really quite average and a weaker version of the peacekeeper. All they seem to have over the peacekeeper are riptide strike and storm rush, both of which are cool looking useless abilities. They are simply way too easy to counter. I hardly ever lose against an Orochi (I main Warden, but my first try on Warlord I was wrecking (relatively) high level Orochis even harder), but Peacekeepers give me loads of trouble. The triple stab is madly powerful, and at this point almost no one seems able to actually block the stabs.

If anything, the Peacekeeper will be getting a slight nerf. You can count on that honestly. In terms of nerfs I would expect the following:

Warlord: very likely
    Peacekeeper: quite possibly
    Nobushi: unlikely

I'd be very surprised if any others will get any nerfs any time soon, especially Orochi.
     3 people found this helpful