Revenge Mode

What is the point of revenge mode? To give a bad player a huge advantage for nearly dying, allowing them to become overpowered and land a kill...?

Originally Posted by TyrrelDuckard Go to original post
    It punishes bad players for spamming attacks and not backing off when revenge starts.

Seriously, 1 second without attacking is all you need to ensure the revenge meter goes back to almost zero; and if revenge is procced back off and wait until it goes away, don't stand there like a fool trying to land hits.
    lol "spamming attacks" -- you're right, give your enemy a few minutes to catch their breath; don't fight them relentlessly and try to win.

1 second is all its needed to stop the revenge gain; beside if you keep hitting your enemy block you are not doing anything but running out of stamina.
    I think you're missing my point. If someone does that, let them run out of stamina and then the enemy has an opportunity to strike. There's no reason to cast them into a superhuman state. I think that's totally unnecessary and that's what I'm arguing here. I understand how to avoid it... I'm just saying that it shouldn't be something to avoid in the first place because it shouldn't exist. As for the second part of your post... the enemy still takes damage when they block; it can be enough to push things over the edge in some instances. But anyway...

But the punishment for spamming is both running out of stamina and letting the enemy use revenge: the solution is to stop attacking 1 second, so you both regain stamina and let the revenge meter drop.

It's a very good thing this game punish spammers.

The damage through block is negligible, and hitting the enemy block constantly is only good against bad players: a good player will block until you end up without stamina and then parry you, they don't even need revenge.

Instead you can try to guard break for example.
    Everything you're saying sounds like justification for why revenge mode is completely unnecessary.

Pretty much, not sure how it works considering I just played a match where the entire enemy team managed to abuse it somehow, getting revenge mode for almost an entire match by ganging up on teammates 4 on1. they were pretty much stomping us into the ground before we could even get our meters half way

Originally Posted by jesusismybud Go to original post
    Pretty much, not sure how it works considering I just played a match where the entire enemy team managed to abuse it somehow, getting revenge mode for almost an entire match by ganging up on teammates 4 on1. they were pretty much stomping us into the ground before we could even get our meters half way
    People just gear up to spam revenge mode because it's an easy win.

One of the worst mechanics I've ever seen in a game. It needs to be completely removed.

TCTF_SWAT's Avatar Senior Member
    Never played fighters I see.

My experience thusfar with Revenge mode is that it is heavily useful in giving a 1vX a chance. Last match I played, I kept 1v3ing others. Didn't end up killing them until my team showed up again, but Revenge kept me alive long enough. Against idiots who just kept trying to 3v1 me, undoubtedly it was a Pissoff to them they couldn't kill me 4/5 times and a lucky shot from a teammate ended them.

It's supposed to be a fun game for everyone. If Revenge OP's people just for "almost dying", it at least allows people to not get stuck in an endless cycle of Running to Battle, get owned, wait, respawn, repeat. It's worth the tradeoff of the minor frustration of the players who have timing and skill and tactics down to have to hold off a sec or two.
     1 people found this helpful

It's noob protection

Really Revenge mode is preventing a fight from ending too fast due to cheese. To trigger revenge mode a lot of damage has to be put out to one player. If there was no revenge mode then you can cheese everyfight with just dumping damage as fast as possible. So it makes it more skilled based since you have to kill someone over multiple engagements not just one cheese attack orgy.

Originally Posted by EndranceRose Go to original post
    Really Revenge mode is preventing a fight from ending too fast due to cheese. To trigger revenge mode a lot of damage has to be put out to one player. If there was no revenge mode then you can cheese everyfight with just dumping damage as fast as possible. So it makes it more skilled based since you have to kill someone over multiple engagements not just one cheese attack orgy.
    Utter bs. The entire time I've been playing I've faced off against gankers who spam revenge. Some will literally get revenge a few seconds into the match or receive it a few seconds after their initial revenge use. I don't understand how it's supposed to stop cheese fights when I'm being vaporized by mobs. The mechanic is broken af, especially since you can spec you gear to increase revenge stats (duration, damage, def, etc). It's bad enough that the time you have to attack someone after guard breaking is so miniscule that they usually start blocking before you finish your animation but it apparently doesn't deter their revenge gain.