I used to use the wonderwoman view and external views. But I read some posts here about it being unrealistic. So to that end, I used Full Real settings exclusivley.

Unfortunately, I'm a coward and fear death. So after I got shot down ( and to make it more realistic, I shot myself in the leg and set fire to my face), I found myself getting the jitters when I launched hyperlobby.

Now and again I join the lobby and then get drunk. I tell my squadmates that I have neuralgia and the CO grounds me.

This is how to play FB full real, it's great.

[This message was edited by Soapy_112th on Thu February 19 2004 at 03:48 AM.]

I used to use the wonderwoman view and external views. But I read some posts here about it being unrealistic. So to that end, I used Full Real settings exclusivley.

Unfortunately, I'm a coward and fear death. So after I got shot down ( and to make it more realistic, I shot myself in the leg and set fire to my face), I found myself getting the jitters when I launched hyperlobby.

Now and again I join the lobby and then get drunk. I tell my squadmates that I have neuralgia and the CO grounds me.

This is how to play FB full real, it's great.

[This message was edited by Soapy_112th on Thu February 19 2004 at 03:48 AM.]

Fehler's Avatar Senior Member
    See you couldnt fly in my squad.. we would shoot you for cowardice.

LOL

http://webpages.charter.net/cuda70/9JG54.html

Bah! Soapy, that's not full real, you arcade player you. For 'real full real', or RFR, as we historical fanatics call it, you must do all that you describe, but as you play, you need friends who carry you between a deep freeze and a furnace to simulate the poor climate control of these aircraft (co-ordinated with your altitude, obviously...)

Most people get this wrong of course (noobs...) and think that it just goes on getting colder as you fly higher. They are forgetting the heating effect as you get nearer the sun, which is quite significant with the non-uv proofed canopies used in Russian a/c..

The technologically far superior German a/c used 'antirechtungssehenheat' glass, or 'arse glass' to counter this effect, so it's a bit easier to go RFR if you are a luftwhiner..

I believe that Oleg has deliberately undermodelled the arse glass so that VVS fanatics have an advantage when playing RFR...

Remind me not to look up when I fly beneath you mate.

------------------------------
    Founder Member and Official Sporran Wearer of the EuroTrolls
    Spouting evil commie brain-rot at, er, well Imperialists mainly, since like 1977, you know, when Star Wars came out?

georgeo76's Avatar Senior Member
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>to make it more realistic, I shot myself in the leg and set fire to my face<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL

"I don't think it's quite fair to condemn a whole program because of a single slip-up. "
    Fiend's Wings

I used to shoot myself too, but it got to where I couldn't afford the ammo anymore.

The ongoing IL-2 User's Guide | Forgotten Skies
    But we are all that way: when we know a thing we have only scorn for other people who don't happen to know it. - Mark Twain, Personal Recollections of Joan of Arc

heywooood's Avatar Senior Member
    I shot myself after reading this thread -
    Awww sh*t the gun isn't rfr

I bet you shot yourself with a Luftwaffe weapon, didn't you? We RFR experten are quite clear that Oleg has undermodelled all real luftwaffe weapons because he hates them.. Was there an enormous muzzle flash, but very little effect on your (presumably Russian) leg? - There you go then!!

Actualy i had my gun taken away from me two weeks ago.

My parents got sick and tired of paying for the ambulance ride to the hospitol and medical bills of course.

1st Lut. 361stMapleTiger.