The_Working_Man's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by PRS_Rocker Go to original post
    I assume you have the volume of your guitar turned to zero in RS so that you can't hear it. In other words, it's just for note detection?
    Correct, so I do like to work on switching tones while playing to match the song.

Gold_Jim's Avatar Senior Member
    Do you go through your settings so that in your stereo, there's one side (e.g. right channel) that is clean and goes to RS and the other side (e.g. left channel) goes to your amp? Also, you leave your amp sims off?

ME80 - Phrase loop in memory mode

Hi. I just bought the me80 today and have been playing around with the phrase loop. It's pretty cool but if I'm in memory effects mode, I lay down a track and then attempted to change to another saved effect it cancels my loop and I lose it. Does anyone know if it is possible to change effects between loop tracks (in memory mode not manual)? Thanks in advance.

If the new effect mode does not have the phrase trainer as one of the effects, that effectively cancels the phrase. You want to make sure you don't switch out of the phrase trainer.

Lord-Flatus's Avatar Member
    I have the GT-1 and really like it, but all those extra switches on the ME-80 look like gold to me. I'm probably going to get the FS7 two-button footswitch and plug it in and assign those buttons to UP/DOWN so that I can use the three on the GT-1 as CTRL-1/2/3 so I can kick in 3 different effects as needed. I think that would be the best approach so that the CTRL switches will light-up when engaged.

I really like the GT-1. Live gigging wasn't a problem with it because I dialed in a dedicated patch for each of our 10 songs and then created a "Live Set" in Tone Studio of those patches in the right order and dumped it to the GT-1. It worked out really well just advancing once at the end of each song, and was much better than during practices where I was searching around between songs and trying to remember "do I like TWIN CRUNCH for this song or CLEAN TWEED?" It was easy to name each patch with the name of the song we were playing in hopes of keeping it idiot proof during the show. It worked.

Right now I'm looking to dial in a basic tone for general use with four pedal effects (3 stomps plus one expression) available to switch in/out instead of a whole separate setup per song. If I can get the basic tone I like down, then I'd only have to bank switch to bring in different pedal effects options.

Sorry for the rambling, back on topic: I really like the extra foot-switches on the ME-80.
     1 people found this helpful

Did you figure it out?

Did you ever find out how to loop and change patch while keeping the loop in memory mode?

I did not.

Hey Jim,
    Have you by any chance figured out how to add additional effects to your presets using the CTL pedal?

I'm trying to figure out how to make the CTL pedal a "Solo Boost" to the already selected pre-set, and add some additional effects like Tera Echo and Solo when I press the CTL pedal.....I can't seem to figure it out though. Any help would be appreciated.

cheers,

rtatkinson, sorry, I did not do this. There are YouTube videos that I've seen where people have successfully built these controllers, but I simply put a boost into the circuit. I picked up a small TC Electronic Spark Boost mini, and that works just fine. It's small, inexpensive, doesn't color the sound, and is easy to use with one control - boost/level.

I got this when on holiday in Tokyo last year: discounted price, sales-tax free (since I was a tourist), and with the power supply thrown in for free . Win all around! Except for having to lug it on the plane home as hand-carry, in case Customs wanted to inspect it on the way out to verify tax-free eligibility...

I have barely started trying to come to grips with this; I haven't even used regular standalone pedals much before. But one immediate stupid question: is it possible to use pitch shift to accommodate playing songs where tuning isn't standard, i.e. where A isn't 440Hz? I'm thinking in particular of Don't Look Back In Anger. Since my main guitar is a Strat, the floating bridge makes changing tuning a huge PITA. I had a go but it didn't seem to work: I must be doing something wrong.

Any help/suggestions much appreciated.

Originally Posted by Gold_Jim Go to original post
    I forgot to mention that this thing did NOT come with a power supply! That was a down-tick for me. I had to spend another $30 on a Boss PSA power supply, because I didn't want my warranty voided. I wasn't going to be sticking six brand new AA batteries into this thing every time I played. I don't need my pedal dying during a gig or rehearsal. I guess to maintain the $299 price point, they couldn't throw a power supply in the box. It is included in the $499 model... Moving right along...
    Originally Posted by dspzp Go to original post
    Disclaimer: I am the worlds worst guitarist.

But I got one of these for going to play with friends around the area. I let a friend borrow it, he is what I would call an accomplished musician, and he had the same observations as PRS_Rocker. He didn't like the presets, but after adjusting them he was happy with them. We are going to spend some time with it shortly, so I am looking forward to that.

When I bought mine the salesman (owner) at the shop said "You need a power supply." I just looked at him awkwardly, and he threw a Boss power supply in. Nice to shop local.

I look forward to the video PRS.