Zoro's Avatar Community Representative

R6 Community Discusses: Skyscraper

This weeks discussion will focus on the map Skyscraper. This series has been added to the R6 forums to facilitate discussions amongst the community involving operator use, gadets and strategy that often get buried or lost in the abundance of others posts that flood the forums.

The goal of this series is to not only give new players a primer on a specific operator or map, but also for mid-level or competitive players a chance to share the knowledge that they have accrued in their experiences and maybe let people know something that they did not know before.

For the next week we will discuss Skyscraper.

Link to Skyscraper Info HERE
    Skyscraper Wiki
    Rainbow Six Complete Guide

Below are some discussion points we would like to see from community members that decide to respond. Feel free to discuss other information that may be helpful to the community about this map. Posts that do not contribute to the healthy discussion of this thread will be removed.

1) In your opinion, what is the best area of the map for defenders/attackers?
    2) Which Operators shine on this map? Which operators have you struggled with here?
    3) The camera placement, how well is the map covered by defender cameras?
    4) Objective placements, which is your favorite location? Least favorite?
    5) Which game modes do you prefer on this map?
    6) Spawn locations. yay or nay on the current locations?
    7) Has this map made you play the game differently?
    8) Map layout, what do you think of the design of this map?
    9) What is something that a new player should know when playing this map?
    10) What is your overall opinion of this map? Where would you rank it among the other maps in the game?
    Link to past discussions that are still open for your posting pleasure:

Operators
    Tachanka
    Doc

Maps
    Bartlett University

1. Attackers: Kitchen, Geisha Room, Tea Room. (All right side of the map) Defenders: Left side of the map from the main door.
    2. Hibana, Ash even Thermite but Thatcher is a must if tactics want to be successful. For defense, any roamer operators are good. I have gotten an ace with Hibana on this map and many 4's. Also, with Frost... Operators that struggle here: Blackbeard and shield operators if not accompanied by teammates. For defense, none I would say.
    3. It is perfect and extremely balanced. I have no problems in cameras. Valkyrie could even make defenders' life a lot easier.
    4. Geisha room or kitchen, any place on the right side. For attackers and defenders, those places create lots of fun tactics that are possible. Least favorite is the first floor left of the main door, the one that has a bed and next to a bathroom.
    5. Hostage and bomb. Secure area is just nothing but TDM.
    6. Probably best map in the game in terms of spawnkilling. It is extremely difficult and risky to try it in this map, attackers always have a safe spot to spawn and to stay.
    7. Well yes, but that is only using Hibana.
    8. Love it, shame it could not just be a little bit bigger for more objective locations.
    9. Use anything that you love! The map is so balanced that it is so fun to play and to do lots of fun stuff.
    10. I give it a 10/10. Perfectly balanced, all operators work well if used properly, lots of tactics can be executed, lots of variations, and defenders going outside have to think twice unlike other maps and the many entry points too are fun. Always have fun on this map. Can't say anymore, if it is bigger then it will probably be my favourite map in the game.

feffreyfeffrey's Avatar Banned
    not many replies because nobody wants to bother with this map

Zoro's Avatar Community Representative
    Thanks for the feedback Krisperfectline!

And Feffrey, that's what we want to learn with this as well is what players don't like about the maps. If players do hate it, we want to hear about it!

The best area for defenders is without a doubt the Tea Room because it's on the top floor and basically makes Fuze a little less frightening. The best area for attackers is having the defenders pick the bedroom in the first floor because there's so many entry points from pretty much every angle that it's a nightmare for defenders to defend.

2) Which Operators shine on this map? Which operators have you struggled with here?
    Buck shines on this map because of his attachable shotgun and the amount of wooden walls in this map, which equals a lot of surprise kills. The same with Ash and Hibana as well with their projectile specialties. I've struggled with Capitao because he doesn't necessarily have items that can penetrate through barricaded windows or non-fortified walls.

Indifferent.

I'm going to go with what I see as the most picked by defenders, and that is the Tea Room. The least picked by defenders is the kitchen and the bedroom in the first floor.

Ranked or casual. Biohazard and hostage. I'm not really a huge fan of bomb objectives in general on any map because I think it gets lop-sided once the attackers plant the bomb.

They're all great locations to spawn.

No.

Great design. I haven't heard or seen any noticeable flaws that stand out.

For both attackers and defenders, there's a lot of great entry points and user created entry points (with breach charges and such) that you can really surprise your opponents for an easy kill.

10) What is your overall opinion of this map? Where would you rank it among the other maps in the game?
    Any time you have a map that has a lot of destructible walls and entry points, it makes it a lot more fun to outmaneuver your opponents. Some other maps needs improvements with regards to this, so I'd say Skyscraper is definitely ranked in the upper half of my favorites.
     1 people found this helpful

DroNium.-LFT's Avatar Member
    Kitchen is pretty easy to defend on hostage, and Karaoke room too because of the light effects in that room, it makes you pretty much invisible from outside, in general I find this map easy to defend on and harder to attack, especially if you're still outside and people jump out from far away for sneak attack, entry points are quite limited and you are quite vulnerable on outside windows, my advice to anyone would be to avoid trying to enter from windows. get through another route

I had plenty of successes using shield operators on this map, montagne, blitz and fuze with shield, lines of sight are pretty much one way most of the time and this is coming from a guy who doesnt normally play shield operators, on defence Frost and kapkan are good, not sure why but people seem to forget about these traps on this map, but in general you can't go wrong with any defender on this map (except for Tachanka because no room for him)

Are there cameras on this map? outside cameras pretty much dead 5 sec after spawn, the only useful camera is in the restaurant as people seem to omit it all the time

My least favourite would be bedroom, it has too many walls to reinforce and probably the easiest and most favourable for attackers

Hostage or secure, can't remember last time I played bomb on this map, seems that most of the time when I play this map it's either secure or hostage

they are perfect, one of my favourite of all maps, never had a spawn kill problem

Yes, if I'm at a window with shield trying to figure our if someone is inside I always ask somebody to cover my sides if someone jumps because it's pretty often they do, and claymore are pretty useful here, also I started to rush to get inside building whenever I can

It looks awesome, plenty of hiding spots for my valk cameras or drone, although it is too red for my liking, whenever I play this map I change settings on my screen to lower the brightness of the red colour. (also have this problem with cafe in cigars room)

Play terrorist hunt a lot on this map before playing ranked or casual, the map is more difficult than others and does need getting used to. saving your drone is very important on this map, and regardless of what the game mode is a thatcher is always helpful here

Not my top favourite map but definitely better than Yacht, i'd give this map 6.5/10

feffreyfeffrey's Avatar Banned
    Originally Posted by Ubi-Zoro Go to original post
    Thanks for the feedback Krisperfectline!

And Feffrey, that's what we want to learn with this as well is what players don't like about the maps. If players do hate it, we want to hear about it!
    This is my find back for you then.

-----My favourite room is BBQ because I can easily run outside safetly and kill Attackers approaching the room or outside it.
    As a Attacker it doesn't matter.
    ----- Recruits shine best on the map due to being so versatile and fast. I struggle with Rook and DOC
    ------ All Cameras are useless and poorly placed.
    ------ BBQ because I can run outside and kill attackers as a recruit. I hate Bed room because It's so small.
    ------- Secure area and hostage
    ------ I like them because you cant be spawn killed.
    ------ No I still play like a aggressive spawn killers whos outside the building mostly
    ----- It's very onesided towards defenders good but not fair.
    ------ to use a recruit and run around the map to learn it and memorize it.
    ------- I'd give it a 1 star because it is DLC

Originally Posted by feffreyfeffrey Go to original post
    This is my find back for you then.

-----My favourite room is BBQ because I can easily run outside safetly and kill Attackers approaching the room or outside it.
    As a Attacker it doesn't matter.
    ----- Recruits shine best on the map due to being so versatile and fast. I struggle with Rook and DOC
    ------ All Cameras are useless and poorly placed.
    ------ BBQ because I can run outside and kill attackers as a recruit. I hate Bed room because It's so small.
    ------- Secure area and hostage
    ------ I like them because you cant be spawn killed.
    ------ No I still play like a aggressive spawn killers whos outside the building mostly
    ----- It's very onesided towards defenders good but not fair.
    ------ to use a recruit and run around the map to learn it and memorize it.
    ------- I'd give it a 1 star because it is DLC
    3 armored OPs are overall useless, now. I feel as if this map kind of emphasizes that. So I'd agree. 3 speeds do shine on this map.

Originally Posted by dude02468 Go to original post
    3 armored OPs are overall useless, now. I feel as if this map kind of emphasizes that. So I'd agree. 3 speeds do shine on this map.
    I feel a lot of people don't understand how weak rook is he only adds to extra shots... I guess it helps if you're a 3 armor but I feel you'd be better off with Doc.

iMINE.MVG's Avatar Member
    I want a ****ing deathmatch terrorist hunt pleaaaaaaaaaaaaaase