DanAmrich's Avatar Rocksmith Dev Team

Rocksmith Remastered: Small patch, starting today -- Jan 20, 2017

Hey all. Over the next few days, you should see a small patch appear for Rocksmith, on all platforms. The patch will be automatically delivered to you, regardless of platform. Here's what the new patch does:

- Input gain/calibration issues -- if your guitar or bass was not heard by the game or you were asked to constantly recalibrate it, that should not be an issue any more. (This, along with the cable detection issue, was fixed for PC about two weeks ago.)
    - "Null pointer" crashes should be eliminated
    - Various stability improvements. This should hopefully fix the seemingly random crashes some players were experiencing, particularly on PS4.

We are continuing to find the causes for issues with the software and eliminate them, so keep sending detailed information to support.ubi.com if you see something go wrong. They are your first and best ally when games misbehave! In the meantime, we are continuing to investigate some other known issues. The exact timing of tha patch's availability will vary per platform; we're posting them as soon as we can, but sometimes our first-party partners might have different schedules.

UPDATE: This patch is available on all six platforms:

Xbox One
    Xbox 360
    PlayStation 3
    PlayStation 4
    Steam (PC/Mac)

Thanks!
     1 people found this helpful

Rocksmith Remastered: Small patch, starting today -- Jan 20, 2017

Hey all. Over the next few days, you should see a small patch appear for Rocksmith, on all platforms. The patch will be automatically delivered to you, regardless of platform. Here's what the new patch does:

- Input gain/calibration issues -- if your guitar or bass was not heard by the game or you were asked to constantly recalibrate it, that should not be an issue any more. (This, along with the cable detection issue, was fixed for PC about two weeks ago.)
    - Various stability improvements. This should hopefully fix the seemingly random crashes some players were experiencing, particularly on PS4.

We are continuing to find the causes for issues with the software and eliminate them, so keep sending detailed information to support.ubi.com if you see something go wrong. They are your first and best ally when games misbehave! In the meantime, we are continuing to investigate some other known issues. The exact timing of tha patch's availability will vary per platform; we're posting them as soon as we can, but sometimes our first-party partners might have different schedules.

Xbox One
    Xbox 360
    PlayStation 3
    PlayStation 4
    Steam (PC/Mac)

Thanks!

Mad_Al__'s Avatar Member
    Will user's of the Beta Patch need to uninstall the beta, to get the official update?

Originally Posted by Mad_Al_1969 Go to original post
    Will user's of the Beta Patch need to uninstall the beta, to get the official update?
    If you are still on the PC beta patch, set it back to retail. The beta was really just for a temporary thing, and not something that is normally kept up to date.

Originally Posted by Mad_Al_1969 Go to original post
    If you are still on the PC beta patch, set it back to retail. The beta was really just for a temporary thing, and not something that is normally kept up to date.

Khye's Avatar Junior Member
    Thank you! I was suffering from the calibration every time the games started. I'm excited to try this out.

Update has installed on my Xbox One and now I can't get past the tuner screen before every song (unless I skip it). E tunes as normal, but when it goes to the A string it doesn't register and then either the precision tuning "swinging arm" just doesn't appear at all, or it does but even though it's on the string (i.e. tuned), there's no growing circle thing and the swinging arm just fades away as the note dies.

I have to skip the tuner to get any further, if I then use the in-game tuner, everything's good but every song still wants me to go through the tuner screen again.

FWIW, on the tuner screen, each string has a little "R" in a silver plectrum shape over the second or third fret (I think), I can't remember if that means it thinks it's got a capo on? (it hasn't!)

I have something similar to RockJaffa using the PC version.

I cannot get past the E string in trying to tune my bass to E Standard; the "swinging arm" just swings and then fades. If I then go to a song that is different, say Drop D, I can then tune without problem. But then in coming back to an E Standard song it fails again.

Actually, I had this problem before the recent patch and had hoped it might solve it....sadly not.

@RockJaffa, try running the calibration sequence again. If Rocksmith is not calibrated correctly, your guitar could be too quiet for the game to tune correctly.

This patch fixes a problem where the input levels weren't always being stored correctly, which would leave you with a really quiet guitar input. Calibrating should set the input level for your guitar and give you much better results.

Remember, you'll want to recalibrate each of the input devices (Real Tone Cable, microphone) and game paths (Lead, Bass). We store those values separately because you're likely to need different settings for each path (Guitar+Microphone, Guitar+Real Tone, Bass+Real Tone, etc).

You should not need to calibrate all the time, but you should try it first if you feel detection isn't hearing you well.

I've been very pleased to see regular updates coming for Rocksmith. Keep up the community engagement and investment!

Hi RS,

I have reached out to support and they directed me back to the forums here. I installed the latest patch but it still didn't fix my issue. I have purchased 2 USB mics and both cause RS to crash on startup on Xbox One. Can someone please post a list of supported mics so I can play microphone mode? I tried a Rock Band 4 mic and Dreamgear USB mic, both work with RB4 on my Xbox, but crash RS.

Please help. thanks.

How can I get the "small patch"?

Thanks for give us hope to get the cable detection issue fixed. Could you please let us know - when and how can we obtain that "small patch"?
    As for me, I'm still having trouble with RSmith cable detection.
    Any suggestions?
    Thanks in advance!

Originally Posted by DanAmrich Go to original post

Xbox One
    Xbox 360
    PlayStation 3
    PlayStation 4
    Steam (PC/Mac)

Thanks!