Rawrena's Avatar Banned

Patch Notes: Title Update 1.09

Today we’ll be releasing a small patch on PlayStation 4, which will also be available on Xbox One and PC later in the coming days. The purpose of Title Update 1.09 is mainly to prepare the game for some upcoming updates, but also includes several stabilization, performance and bug fixes. Here are two items in this patch you should be aware of:

YourBoySerge Nerf – This .50 Cal sniper rifle has been the subject of some debate in the community, and is considered to be overpowered in online play. In this patch, we’ve reduced the number of rounds in the magazine from 6 to 1, and we will continue to monitor and balance this beasty rifle.

World Map/Online Invasion Exploit – Fixed an issue where players could help detect the presence of an invader in their session using an exploit with the World Map.
     3 people found this helpful

Finally! I just want to play with good performance on PC, thanks Ubisoft I hope to see that update this week !

3? Maybe. 1? No.

I can see the reason behind this nerf, but its a step too far. Being a user of the "YourBoySerge" S.R. myself, A nerf was expected, like half mag cap. But going from 6 to 1 is overboard. At this state, it holds no practicality what so ever.
     3 people found this helpful

I agree with Buttkicker.

Buttkicker does make a solid statement. I would like it if you guys at Ubisoft were to expand the magazine size to just a bit more than one bullet, because if you don't, then you would have to remodel and reanimate the YourBoySerge sniper rifle so that It's like a single-shot bolt-action rifle.
     2 people found this helpful

Skauron's Avatar Senior Member
    I do agree that 1 is extreme. Aside from anything else it is a valuable weapon for using on all those chase me runners in invasions when everything else has failed you due to things like car hacks being red icons etc. mag of 3 i think would me more than adequate.

ONLY that -_-"
    Guess like many ubisoft games, we can go ... see somewhere else... for true performance optimization ?

Also, if you destroy a weapon because of the online, so in the solo its turned to crap... dear lord.
    At least do it right and make that change ONLY when online >_>

Originally Posted by Rawrena Go to original post
    Today we’ll be releasing a small patch on PlayStation 4, which will also be available on Xbox One and PC later in the coming days. The purpose of Title Update 1.09 is mainly to prepare the game for some upcoming updates, but also includes several stabilization, performance and bug fixes. Here are two items in this patch you should be aware of:

YourBoySerge Nerf – This .50 Cal sniper rifle has been the subject of some debate in the community, and is considered to be overpowered in online play. In this patch, we’ve reduced the number of rounds in the magazine from 6 to 1, and we will continue to monitor and balance this beasty rifle.

Really? Really?! Like who? I haven't seen any threads regarding this, but I have seen a TON regarding game breaking bugs. How about you fix the broken stuff versus things that don't really matter. In WD1 it had a 2 round clip.

6 to 1 is just a joke, it needs to be at least a 2 round weapon its next to useless now, might as well have just taken it out the game.

You know .50 cal sniper rifles have magazines right?

I am more than certain that this magazine holds more than 1 round.
    Go back to 6 rounds and reduce the reloading time.
    Reduce the stability.
    Something other than the amount of rounds in the mag.
     1 people found this helpful

Skauron's Avatar Senior Member
    We have found that the double barrel shotgun is far too powerful, so we are removing one of the barrels so you have to reload after every shot. Sound fair?