Are you having errors installing/downloading the Uru To D'ni expansion pack?

Downloading the expansion pack
    If you are having problems downloading the expansion pack, then try to download it from a different mirror:
    Thread with a list of mirrors

Each type of mirror, has different types of ways to download it. Is recomended to use a program with resume features to download it. If the connection breaks, you can continue downloading it from another source, or continue in the same.
    For example, most comom ftp clients have resume functions, wget has also resume functions and it works with http and ftp protocols. If you are using a program that directly grabs the download from different sources at the same time, then I need to say that this download could be easily corrupted.

================================================== ========
    ----------------------------------------------------------

IMPORTANT! - How to detect if your download is correct, and your problems are not caused by a corrupted download. **

- First, the FILE SIZE:

The installer is called "UruToD'ni.exe".
    The exact filesize in bytes is 181.990.087 bytes.
    Please, ignore the "size in disk" reported by windows, you must compare the real size of the file.
    One byte more or less, and you have a corrupted donwload. But this don't guarantees that you can have the same file size, and a byte changed.

- 2nd the Md5sum checksum. This one really verifies, that you have, the exact file that Cyan released. The Md5sum checksum of the file must be:
    0982eb8e40ff841be670f0db98296382

How i check the md5sum checksum?

Very easy, If you have linux/cygwin/other, then this tool comes with these operating systems by default.
    If you don't have this mandatory tool in your system, you can download it from here, there are some versions with a graphical interface, command line ones, and the page contains also some info of how works this tool.

================================================
    ------------------------------------------------

Game progress lost?
    1st) Your progress from URU LIVE, was in URU LIVE SERVERS, and not in your game. You didn't lose any progress, the game, is at the same status as you leave it the last time that you played in offline mode.

2nd) Corrupted savegames:
    * Savegames from the live updated installation, accessed by the offline mode, now work without problems.
    * Savegames that were corrupted by the downgrade, doesn't work.

Someone is working on a tool, that will fix this corruption, you can also ask someone to sent you his sav folder. Also i think that someone has a savegame hosted somewhere.

Check this thread for more info about corrupted savegames.

UPDATE:
    Deledrius, has created an unoficcial patcher, that fixes this problem.
    More info about it here

RT patch -- Error 32769

1st) Be completly sure that the md5sum signature posted is the same for your file. Read "IMPORTANT! - How to detect if your download is correct, and..." for more info.

2nd) Check that you have at least 3 GBytes of free space, be sure that you have them. (the game only needs 2GB, but some extra space is required for some temporany files created during the installation)

3th) Check that the path where the game is being installed doesn't contain international characters. Some localized versions of windows operaring system, can contain international characters in the "program files" localized path. Thanks to Mapss for reporting this issue (here).

Errors during the installation
    Some errors during the installation, are caused by read errors, accessing the CD-Room.

Read these posts for more info:
    Scratched CD's
    Cleaning your CD drive lenses - fix for some Xpack install problems?

Hacked game?
    Then completly delete it, and reinstall it again.

Pirated game?
    Pirated software is illegal, and it doesn't work properly, and/or it contains malicius virus, backdoors, and other malwares.
    You are not going to enjoy this game playing a pirated copy, you will hurt Uru, Cyan and the community doing this bad immoral action.

Other problems?
    Well, i noted, that the xpack installer, completly reinstalls the game, so, it will be very rare to see the corruption files error again.
    That's all for now, please, if you have any problems, click on "reply" and tell us all details that you can.

~Almlys

[This message was edited by Almlys on Wed May 19 2004 at 07:20 AM.]

Are you having errors installing/downloading the Uru To D'ni expansion pack?

Downloading the expansion pack
    If you are having problems downloading the expansion pack, then try to download it from a different mirror:
    Thread with a list of mirrors

Each type of mirror, has different types of ways to download it. Is recomended to use a program with resume features to download it. If the connection breaks, you can continue downloading it from another source, or continue in the same.
    For example, most comom ftp clients have resume functions, wget has also resume functions and it works with http and ftp protocols. If you are using a program that directly grabs the download from different sources at the same time, then I need to say that this download could be easily corrupted.

================================================== ========
    ----------------------------------------------------------

IMPORTANT! - How to detect if your download is correct, and your problems are not caused by a corrupted download. **

- First, the FILE SIZE:

The installer is called "UruToD'ni.exe".
    The exact filesize in bytes is 181.990.087 bytes.
    Please, ignore the "size in disk" reported by windows, you must compare the real size of the file.
    One byte more or less, and you have a corrupted donwload. But this don't guarantees that you can have the same file size, and a byte changed.

- 2nd the Md5sum checksum. This one really verifies, that you have, the exact file that Cyan released. The Md5sum checksum of the file must be:
    0982eb8e40ff841be670f0db98296382

How i check the md5sum checksum?

Very easy, If you have linux/cygwin/other, then this tool comes with these operating systems by default.
    If you don't have this mandatory tool in your system, you can download it from here, there are some versions with a graphical interface, command line ones, and the page contains also some info of how works this tool.

Game progress lost?
    1st) Your progress from URU LIVE, was in URU LIVE SERVERS, and not in your game. You didn't lose any progress, the game, is at the same status as you leave it the last time that you played in offline mode.

2nd) Corrupted savegames:
    * Savegames from the live updated installation, accessed by the offline mode, now work without problems.
    * Savegames that were corrupted by the downgrade, doesn't work.

Someone is working on a tool, that will fix this corruption, you can also ask someone to sent you his sav folder. Also i think that someone has a savegame hosted somewhere.

Check this thread for more info about corrupted savegames.

UPDATE:
    Deledrius, has created an unoficcial patcher, that fixes this problem.
    More info about it here

RT patch -- Error 32769

1st) Be completly sure that the md5sum signature posted is the same for your file. Read "IMPORTANT! - How to detect if your download is correct, and..." for more info.

2nd) Check that you have at least 3 GBytes of free space, be sure that you have them. (the game only needs 2GB, but some extra space is required for some temporany files created during the installation)

3th) Check that the path where the game is being installed doesn't contain international characters. Some localized versions of windows operaring system, can contain international characters in the "program files" localized path. Thanks to Mapss for reporting this issue (here).

Errors during the installation
    Some errors during the installation, are caused by read errors, accessing the CD-Room.

Read these posts for more info:
    Scratched CD's
    Cleaning your CD drive lenses - fix for some Xpack install problems?

Hacked game?
    Then completly delete it, and reinstall it again.

Pirated game?
    Pirated software is illegal, and it doesn't work properly, and/or it contains malicius virus, backdoors, and other malwares.
    You are not going to enjoy this game playing a pirated copy, you will hurt Uru, Cyan and the community doing this bad immoral action.

Other problems?
    Well, i noted, that the xpack installer, completly reinstalls the game, so, it will be very rare to see the corruption files error again.
    That's all for now, please, if you have any problems, click on "reply" and tell us all details that you can.

~Almlys

[This message was edited by Almlys on Wed May 19 2004 at 07:20 AM.]

I keep receiving the same error message:

RTPatch failed to install Uru-To Dni Expansion Pack: error 32769

I had an error when installing the expansion. It had something to do with an antiscreensaver rpc, or something to that effect. I sent an error report to Microsoft and then continued ok. Weird. This was on WinXp home.

any progress within the xpack is gone when i either link out of an age, or exit the program, its just like starting over again, is it because i choose the To-d'ni icon on the desktop?

HI,

Whatever I trie (run xpack, deinstall Uru then runXpack, reinstall then etc.....) I get the following error;

Feature transfer error

Feature: Ururpatch
    Component:
    File:
    Error: Catastrophic failure

I have changed cd-player, exited firewall and av-software.

Nothing seems to help.

The error pops up after say 80% of installing, just at the moment where the progressindicator mentions "installing".

Any ideas?

Thanx,
    Marius

Greetings,

I tried the download twice, and both times received an error with the "game extras" portion. Stated the file did not exist, or there was an error with the syntax.

Anyone else?

Blessed be,

Ravenika ~_~

During installation I have the same error than 'BOSHETTEE' RTPatch.... : error 32769.
    Complete deunstall/install, reload the extension from a different path, but always the same error almost at the end of the installation? some help anywhere!

Zyri_'s Avatar Junior Member
    I'm getting the same message over and over again:

Setup has detected that your CD is not valid.

How come? Of course my CD is valid! And it's clean and unscratched.
    The message shows during the installation of the xpack, after I set up all the folders to install.
    I've downloaded the xpack again, checked with your post for the original size of the file, everything seems ok, but the problem persist.
    I've tried to change drives, to copy the contents of the CD to a folder in the hardrive to see if I can get any different message. Nothing.
    I've also uninstalled the whole game, installed it again, played to the end to see if that could be the problem. No better luck.
    I'm out of ideas. Do you have any? Can you help? I'm getting desperate.

The sun colector bug is back! Nooooo

Page 1 of 8 123 ... Last ►►