1. #1
    Ubi-BrokenNinja's Avatar Community Representative
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    897

    R6 Community Discusses: Tachanka

    This weeks discussion will focus on the operator Tachanka. This series has been added to the R6 forums to facilitate discussions amongst the community involving operator use, gadets and strategy that often get buried or lost in the abundance of others posts that flood the forums.

    The goal of this series is to not only give new players a primer on a specific operator, but also for mid-level or competitive players a chance to share the knowledge that they have accrued in their experiences and maybe let people know something that they did not know before.

    Today's operator is Tachanka.

    Link to R6 Operator Information Tachanka HERE
    Tachanka Video Guide
    Tachanka Wiki

    Below are some discussion points we would like to see from community members that decide to respond. Feel free to discuss other information that may be helpful to the community about this operator. Posts that do not contribute to the healthy discussion of this thread will be removed.

    • 1) In your opinion, what is this operator’s primary or ideal role in the team?
    • 2) The operator’s gadget and how it will help the team achieve its goals. Please share any tidbits you may know to help expand discussion.
    • 3) The operator’s loadout, and how best to optimize it. This includes primaries, secondaries, and secondary gadgets.
    • 4) What maps and game modes does this operator do well on?
    • 5) What maps and game modes does this operator struggle on?
    • 6) What other operators synergize well with this operator being on their team?
    • 7) What opposing operators check or counter this operator?
    • 8) What strategies have you adopted while playing this operator and why?
    • 9) What is something that a new player should know when playing this operator, or what is something you know that would help a veteran player take that next step?
    • 10) What is your overall opinion of this operator? Where would you rank them among the other operators?
     1 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  2. #2
    I think Tatchanka, as much as I love to play with him, is still the worst defender in the game. I play on platinum 3/diamond level on XBOX and he is unusable.
    Tachanka's role should be to keep a line and make the attacking side rethink their approach but know the only approach I see is a fast or medium speed operator rushing and downing him with 3 bullets in the arm before Tachanka could see him.

    I don't think putting a shield on his turret was the best option to buff him (but maybe you should keep the shield as an upgrade from your Spanish engineer defender).

    I would have prefer a ballistic helmet hitboxes overhaul. I mean by that a reduced one shot kill area and maybe a 1x multiplicator if it hits the side of the helmet (it would simulate the low angle of the bullet's trajectory with the armor plate surface causing the bullet to not penetrate and bounce). (this change might also help blitz's hear cuffs)
    The attackers would then need a way more accurate shot to kill tatchanka with one bullet instead of spraying and praying for a lucky headshot.

    I also think the 1x multiplicatior change to arms hits were a good nerf for fast operators but the slow operators suffer way too much from this change so getting back their 0.75 damage to the arms would also help tatchanka.
     1 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  3. #3
    WBBCoop's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    5,351
    Great idea!

    His claim to fame seems to be that of an area denial gig. His turret shield coupled with the new recoil pattern lends itself to more close quarter, defensive, capabilities rather than securing a long hallway. I personally don't view or use him this way due to the amount of ammunition he has available. The new caliber based destruction model makes him an environmental destruction king. As such his usefulness goes up in bomb mode and bio hazard compared to hostage.

    Reshaping the smaller..more cramped maps with the LMG is where I generally use him. Larger, more open maps is where his usefulness declines for me. Although he can still be used to fortify a position in larger maps, his capacity for map reshaping is limited. I also fully load and pack up the turret when I'm done with my 'map destruction' and again..depending on map location, I sometimes set it back up to fortify position when there is only one guy left..and I know which direction he is. One thing I dont do is leave it loaded and walk away. Yea, your team could use it, but to many times I see the attackers use it too. I have caught and shot a few bad guys trying to mount that empty thing (they cant resist the urge to kill you guys with your own tools ) so it is possible to use is as a trap of sorts.

    I choose between his silenced auto-shotty or machine gun depending map, location and if I feel like shooting into the obj..or from inside the obj room. His pistol gives a little breathing room when choosing his shotgun, which can create passable holes in his blasted up walls,.but for the most part I use his SMG.

    Gotta keep them drones off this guy though or he is dead. Mute and Bandit can help, but you really need everyone taking out those drones! When you have guys like Sledge and Fuse that give no warning for potential imminent threat you better keep your ears open and eyes on a swivel. But really anyone with an acog can knock you from your seat if you're stationary location is known.

    The personal shield favors the defensive aspect of him whereas the wire is more offensive IMO. I choose the barbed wire simply because I don't use him as a stationary op/target unless its near the end of the round. There are also natural resources available in game that can obstruct his lower body..I use those instead. if I happen to mount the thing.

    He is a strange, yet versatile, operator with an identity crisis. He is also one of the more team based tactical operators on the defending side. He is more effective when you have a communicating team..regardless of how you use his gadget.

    All in all I think he is a fun operator to use, and by being able to change/shape the environment for a teams specific strategy make him a viable pick for certain modes and locations..just not all of them. However, If his intended use was for any form of denial, then his rate of fire, recoil and impact on shields ops (excluding Montagne) should be adjusted IMO.
     1 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  4. #4
    Ubi-BrokenNinja's Avatar Community Representative
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    897
    Originally Posted by Insevin Go to original post
    1) In your opinion, what is this operator’s primary or ideal role in the team?
    Ambush or entry denial
    2) The operator’s gadget and how it will help the team achieve its goals. Please share any tidbits you may know to help expand discussion.
    The turret is good in a few select situations but is easy to counter with peeks or flanking. It is best used to hose down the enemy when they least expect it, especially if they are suddenly getting blasted through unreinforced walls and are pinched where they have nowhere to go.
    3) The operator’s loadout, and how best to optimize it. This includes primaries, secondaries, and secondary gadgets.
    The SMG is easy to control, but with low damage. The shotgun is extremely lethal at point blank range but suffers further off even at short range. The PPM pistol is perhaps the finest handgun in the entire game, extremely easy to control and with very high damage. The gadgets are typical, shield being useful to defend the turret and wire can be used tactically.
    4/5) What maps and game modes does this operator do well on? What maps and game modes does this operator struggle on?
    I would lean towards Bomb and Secure but probably generally fine on any mode. One downside of Bomb is more area to cover and since the turret is immobile, that is a downside. For maps that is too complicated to go into and chanka has never been viable enough for me to really learn such things.


    6) What other operators synergize well with this operator being on their team?
    Nothing comes to mind. Jager perhaps to protect Chanka.
    7) What opposing operators check or counter this operator?
    Anyone with frags, skill to shoot legs/flank, Ash, shields, flashbangs.
    8) What strategies have you adopted while playing this operator and why?
    Protect myself and place in spots that are either fortresses or can really ambush the enemy by blasting through walls. Without the turret, he is a tank defender with average weapons.
    9) What is something that a new player should know when playing this operator, or what is something you know that would help a veteran player take that next step?
    Don't use this operator in serious gameplay (ranked, pro) or only use them if you have the perfect strategy. You are too likely to be countered before you kill anyone.
    10) What is your overall opinion of this operator? Where would you rank them among the other operators?
    Well below average, 4/10. Yes I have used him with the buffs.
    Great feedback, thank you @Insevin!

    Do you believe that he adds depth to a team that plays together all the time and uses alot of defensive tactics?


    Originally Posted by Tank 9703 Go to original post
    I think Tatchanka, as much as I love to play with him, is still the worst defender in the game. I play on platinum 3/diamond level on XBOX and he is unusable.
    Tachanka's role should be to keep a line and make the attacking side rethink their approach but know the only approach I see is a fast or medium speed operator rushing and downing him with 3 bullets in the arm before Tachanka could see him.

    I don't think putting a shield on his turret was the best option to buff him (but maybe you should keep the shield as an upgrade from your Spanish engineer defender).

    I would have prefer a ballistic helmet hitboxes overhaul. I mean by that a reduced one shot kill area and maybe a 1x multiplicator if it hits the side of the helmet (it would simulate the low angle of the bullet's trajectory with the armor plate surface causing the bullet to not penetrate and bounce). (this change might also help blitz's hear cuffs)
    The attackers would then need a way more accurate shot to kill tatchanka with one bullet instead of spraying and praying for a lucky headshot.

    I also think the 1x multiplicatior change to arms hits were a good nerf for fast operators but the slow operators suffer way too much from this change so getting back their 0.75 damage to the arms would also help tatchanka.
    Great feedback, thanks @Tank

    Do you utilize him often in game?


    Originally Posted by WBBCoop Go to original post
    Great idea!

    His claim to fame seems to be that of an area denial gig. His turret shield coupled with the new recoil pattern lends itself to more close quarter, defensive, capabilities rather than securing a long hallway. I personally don't view or use him this way due to the amount of ammunition he has available. The new caliber based destruction model makes him an environmental destruction king. As such his usefulness goes up in bomb mode and bio hazard compared to hostage.

    Reshaping the smaller..more cramped maps with the LMG is where I generally use him. Larger, more open maps is where his usefulness declines for me. Although he can still be used to fortify a position in larger maps, his capacity for map reshaping is limited. I also fully load and pack up the turret when I'm done with my 'map destruction' and again..depending on map location, I sometimes set it back up to fortify position when there is only one guy left..and I know which direction he is. One thing I dont do is leave it loaded and walk away. Yea, your team could use it, but to many times I see the attackers use it too. I have caught and shot a few bad guys trying to mount that empty thing (they cant resist the urge to kill you guys with your own tools ) so it is possible to use is as a trap of sorts.

    I choose between his silenced auto-shotty or machine gun depending map, location and if I feel like shooting into the obj..or from inside the obj room. His pistol gives a little breathing room when choosing his shotgun, which can create passable holes in his blasted up walls,.but for the most part I use his SMG.

    Gotta keep them drones off this guy though or he is dead. Mute and Bandit can help, but you really need everyone taking out those drones! When you have guys like Sledge and Fuse that give no warning for potential imminent threat you better keep your ears open and eyes on a swivel. But really anyone with an acog can knock you from your seat if you're stationary location is known.

    The personal shield favors the defensive aspect of him whereas the wire is more offensive IMO. I choose the barbed wire simply because I don't use him as a stationary op/target unless its near the end of the round. There are also natural resources available in game that can obstruct his lower body..I use those instead. if I happen to mount the thing.

    He is a strange, yet versatile, operator with an identity crisis. He is also one of the more team based tactical operators on the defending side. He is more effective when you have a communicating team..regardless of how you use his gadget.

    All in all I think he is a fun operator to use, and by being able to change/shape the environment for a teams specific strategy make him a viable pick for certain modes and locations..just not all of them. However, If his intended use was for any form of denial, then his rate of fire, recoil and impact on shields ops (excluding Montagne) should be adjusted IMO.

    Hey @WBBCoop, some great details above. We have highlighted some of them as the community may find them helpful.

    Thanks for taking the time to post some really great information.
     1 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  5. #5
    1. "Small tank" or "area defender". Since he has high armor and an HMG that has a shield, I believe his purpose is to support the teammates who are holding the objective or a specific area they want so that attackers can be delayed or stopped. Other than that, if used as a roamer or a mobile operator, his efficiency can be reduced.
    2. His HMG should allow the defenders staying in that area to stay down and to not reveal their positions, the gadget should repel or delay attackers so that other defenders can think or plan their defense to the attackers. For roamers, it should allow the roamers to come into play as the HMG can create a distraction, which roamers could use as an ambush to attackers.
    3. His loadout is perfect, shield and wire does superb for his style.
    4. I think maps that have lesser entry points for attackers make well for him. Vault in the bank is a good example. What we want, are lesser entry points or viewing points for the attackers towards the objective. Imagine in packaging room at Favela. If defended properly, attackers could only have 2 entry points. For game modes, I would say secure area and hostage.
    5. Maps, any map that has many entry points for attackers. Geisha room in skyscraper is a very good example of this. And for game modes, bomb definitely unless the two bomb sides have many entry points. I.e server room site in Kanal.
    6. I think all operators synergize well with him because when I roam and have a Tachanka on my team, when he starts shooting his turret, that is if the player is using it, I move carefully towards the objective and hunt attackers down. He also needs as much help as possible because he is big. I would say best work with: Jager, Pulse, Doc, Rook and Valkyrie.
    7. Ash, Hibana, Thermite, Twitch and Thatcher. The first three can cause huge problems when a defense is not set up properly. Twitch because she can use her shock drone to easily deplete hp on him which is critical because most likely if you engage a tachanka on the turret, you are to lose unless that tachanka is inexperienced, and also because she can destroy gadgets, this includes for thatcher, that can lower his protection. Capitao is also a high threat to him, crossbow and grenades.
    8. I only used him in casual, but when I used him I tried to think as much possible in order to have the most fun. I would set up the turret in a place where it faces the entry points and then wait for the enemies to come and then mount the turret. I also managed to use PULSE as a huge help to him.
    9. Do not roam, do not leave the objective.
    10. I am so friendly in giving out ratings. I would rate him 7/10. I think he works well with a well coordinated team, I imagine when Pulse is teamed up with him, along with well placed ADS' as well as a good DOC. I think he is not a solo operator, he is one that needs the team's help and communication. Otherwise, I can't think that he will be useful when a team is not using communication. He needs the help of other operators in order to be efficient. I think the best team for this would be: Jager, Bandit, Tachanka, Valkyrie/Pulse, Doc/Rook
    I rate 7 as the lowest score out of 10 when asked.
    Share this post

  6. #6
    Ubi-BrokenNinja's Avatar Community Representative
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    897
    Originally Posted by Krisperfectline Go to original post
    1. "Small tank" or "area defender". Since he has high armor and an HMG that has a shield, I believe his purpose is to support the teammates who are holding the objective or a specific area they want so that attackers can be delayed or stopped. Other than that, if used as a roamer or a mobile operator, his efficiency can be reduced.
    2. His HMG should allow the defenders staying in that area to stay down and to not reveal their positions, the gadget should repel or delay attackers so that other defenders can think or plan their defense to the attackers. For roamers, it should allow the roamers to come into play as the HMG can create a distraction, which roamers could use as an ambush to attackers.
    3. His loadout is perfect, shield and wire does superb for his style.
    4. I think maps that have lesser entry points for attackers make well for him. Vault in the bank is a good example. What we want, are lesser entry points or viewing points for the attackers towards the objective. Imagine in packaging room at Favela. If defended properly, attackers could only have 2 entry points. For game modes, I would say secure area and hostage.
    5. Maps, any map that has many entry points for attackers. Geisha room in skyscraper is a very good example of this. And for game modes, bomb definitely unless the two bomb sides have many entry points. I.e server room site in Kanal.
    6. I think all operators synergize well with him because when I roam and have a Tachanka on my team, when he starts shooting his turret, that is if the player is using it, I move carefully towards the objective and hunt attackers down. He also needs as much help as possible because he is big. I would say best work with: Jager, Pulse, Doc, Rook and Valkyrie.
    7. Ash, Hibana, Thermite, Twitch and Thatcher. The first three can cause huge problems when a defense is not set up properly. Twitch because she can use her shock drone to easily deplete hp on him which is critical because most likely if you engage a tachanka on the turret, you are to lose unless that tachanka is inexperienced, and also because she can destroy gadgets, this includes for thatcher, that can lower his protection. Capitao is also a high threat to him, crossbow and grenades.
    8. I only used him in casual, but when I used him I tried to think as much possible in order to have the most fun. I would set up the turret in a place where it faces the entry points and then wait for the enemies to come and then mount the turret. I also managed to use PULSE as a huge help to him.
    9. Do not roam, do not leave the objective.
    10. I am so friendly in giving out ratings. I would rate him 7/10. I think he works well with a well coordinated team, I imagine when Pulse is teamed up with him, along with well placed ADS' as well as a good DOC. I think he is not a solo operator, he is one that needs the team's help and communication. Otherwise, I can't think that he will be useful when a team is not using communication. He needs the help of other operators in order to be efficient. I think the best team for this would be: Jager, Bandit, Tachanka, Valkyrie/Pulse, Doc/Rook
    I rate 7 as the lowest score out of 10 when asked.
    Great post @Krisperfectline and some interesting insights.

    Is there a reason you only use him in Casual?
    Share this post

  7. #7
    feffreyfeffrey's Avatar Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    2,966
    ( 1. He should be a mid roamer who blocks access to the objective and block off pathways.
    (2. His gadget should be placed in corners of indestructible walls and is good for being placed out in the open for a distraction to lure players to you.
    (3. His primary weapon should be changed to a pump shotgun and a assault rifle giving him more use.
    (5. He does well in hostage if you place it behind the hostage forcing the attackers to be more cautious.
    (6. Jaeger and Smoke because with smoke you block their line of sight to you and you can prefire the smoked area as the back off.
    (7. Captiao because of his flame arrows.
    (8. He struggles on many of all maps
    (9. A new player should know when to abandon the gadget
    (10. He is a pretty solid character and unique to use.
    Share this post

  8. #8
    Ubi-BrokenNinja's Avatar Community Representative
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    897
    Originally Posted by feffreyfeffrey Go to original post
    ( 1. He should be a mid roamer who blocks access to the objective and block off pathways.
    (2. His gadget should be placed in corners of indestructible walls and is good for being placed out in the open for a distraction to lure players to you.
    (3. His primary weapon should be changed to a pump shotgun and a assault rifle giving him more use.
    (5. He does well in hostage if you place it behind the hostage forcing the attackers to be more cautious.
    (6. Jaeger and Smoke because with smoke you block their line of sight to you and you can prefire the smoked area as the back off.
    (7. Captiao because of his flame arrows.
    (8. He struggles on many of all maps
    (9. A new player should know when to abandon the gadget
    (10. He is a pretty solid character and unique to use.
    Thanks @feffreyfeffrey for the post above. Some good recommendations for new players for sure.
    Share this post

  9. #9
    1) giving a firepower to your team but since that doesn't work much even after reinforcement - giving firepower to yourself by allowing to wield MG with you but along with that blocking peeking ability and slowing some movements/prone animations etc.
    2) would be nice to see Tachanka's MG working as shotguns right now - breaking walls completely, without leaving wooden support beams in walls/breaching ceilings (squares).
    3) I would happy to see his MG as a primary weapon so he becomes the same as Glaz - the one and only operator in the game with his own exclusive weapon. Also that means that he automatically becomes more valuable since he will be the only defence operator who has high caliber which is allowed for attackers only.
    4) sorry, can't name any of all maps where he can be more useful than any other operator.
    5) on every single map.
    6) noone, Pulse at rare cases. If we are talking about those who help him to survive: Mute (blocking windows from Fuze), Jager, sometimes Pulse and any other operator with ACOG on their primary weapon since Tachanka is being a bait so ACOGs can counter fire from unexpected positions.
    7) Ash, Glaz, Buck, Sledge, Capitao, Twitch (drone), Fuze. Pretty much anyone who has smoke/stun grenades and frags.
    8) The one and only strategy for this operator is that he is being a cannon fodder which helps to understand enemy position by his tracers.
    9) For new ones: Tachanka is the only operator in the game who has crosshair while ADSing (Aiming Down the Sight) his MG which can be used to detect enemy (crosshair becomes red) even when you don't have a clear vision of him. For veterans: don't pick him or pick him when you realize that your opponent has less game knowledge than you.
    10) The idea is really good but doesn't work on current game mechanics. In order to make Tachanka useful you need to change alot of things like: make proper head hitboxes so that helmets requie 2 hits to get a headshot whilst open skin needs a 1 bullet; drastically reduce strafe speed for every operator class, especially while ADSing; add weapon swing while using ACOG; increase weapon swing when being shot; drastically reduce operator speed when being shot and/or after sprint; bring back old damage system where limbs were taking less damage than body.

    Or just allow him to wield his MG similar to Caveira's stealth ability - once activated you have some time to wield and shoot with your MG without placing it but along with that Tachanka's speed should be slightly reduced, during that time ADS should work the same as for any other weapon (no crosshair - aiming through DP's iron sights) and also peeking ability should be blocked too.

    He has the lowest rank for me among all.
    Share this post

  10. #10
    Ubi-BrokenNinja's Avatar Community Representative
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    897
    Originally Posted by B34RM4ST3R Go to original post
    1) giving a firepower to your team but since that doesn't work much even after reinforcement - giving firepower to yourself by allowing to wield MG with you but along with that blocking peeking ability and slowing some movements/prone animations etc.
    2) would be nice to see Tachanka's MG working as shotguns right now - breaking walls completely, without leaving wooden support beams in walls/breaching ceilings (squares).
    3) I would happy to see his MG as a primary weapon so he becomes the same as Glaz - the one and only operator in the game with his own exclusive weapon. Also that means that he automatically becomes more valuable since he will be the only defence operator who has high caliber which is allowed for attackers only.
    4) sorry, can't name any of all maps where he can be more useful than any other operator.
    5) on every single map.
    6) noone, Pulse at rare cases. If we are talking about those who help him to survive: Mute (blocking windows from Fuze), Jager, sometimes Pulse and any other operator with ACOG on their primary weapon since Tachanka is being a bait so ACOGs can counter fire from unexpected positions.
    7) Ash, Glaz, Buck, Sledge, Capitao, Twitch (drone), Fuze. Pretty much anyone who has smoke/stun grenades and frags.
    8) The one and only strategy for this operator is that he is being a cannon fodder which helps to understand enemy position by his tracers.
    9) For new ones: Tachanka is the only operator in the game who has crosshair while ADSing (Aiming Down the Sight) his MG which can be used to detect enemy (crosshair becomes red) even when you don't have a clear vision of him. For veterans: don't pick him or pick him when you realize that your opponent has less game knowledge than you.
    10) The idea is really good but doesn't work on current game mechanics. In order to make Tachanka useful you need to change alot of things like: make proper head hitboxes so that helmets requie 2 hits to get a headshot whilst open skin needs a 1 bullet; drastically reduce strafe speed for every operator class, especially while ADSing; add weapon swing while using ACOG; increase weapon swing when being shot; drastically reduce operator speed when being shot and/or after sprint; bring back old damage system where limbs were taking less damage than body.

    Or just allow him to wield his MG similar to Caveira's stealth ability - once activated you have some time to wield and shoot with your MG without placing it but along with that Tachanka's speed should be slightly reduced, during that time ADS should work the same as for any other weapon (no crosshair - aiming through DP's iron sights) and also peeking ability should be blocked too.

    He has the lowest rank for me among all.
    Thanks for the post here and some great overall recommendations on why he may not be the best operator for some.

    Which operator do you spend most of your time playing @B34RM4St3R?
    Share this post

Page 1 of 4 123 ... Last ►►