Audio issue when someone joins the game....

Just wanted to report a bug that has been bothering me. I do not see it in your known issues list.

Whenever someone joins the game or even comes in as a spectator.. often audio starts cutting out and the players voices robot making it impossible, for about 3 to 5 seconds to understand what people are saying. I would be happy to supply video of this if Ubi requests it. I have 20mbs/300mbs so I should be having NO audio issues.
     1 people found this helpful

Same issue

I have ran into this same problem and have had it sense the game came out. I use a Vive and al PSVR users sound like this to me. I have yet to run across anyone besides PSVR users so I'm not sure if its a cross platform issue or not.

The problem seems universal. Hopefully we will hear something after the holidays. This forums has been a ghost town but I guess that is because they all went on vacation after delivering the first critical patch.

Oh no guys. the morons at Ubi say they coded it this way intentionally and that the problem is not theirs.. It is OURS!

Here is the ******** response they gave me in private when I asked them to add this to their issues..

Dillon A @ Ubisoft Support
    January 05, 2017 6:20 AM

Hello there! Unfortunately connection is a 2 way street, so if the other players have a poor connection it could edit your own connection. Just to cover our bases I have gone ahead and attached some steps to make sure it isn't your connection. If you are receiving connection issues, start by testing your network connection with the following steps: 1. Start the PS4 console. 2. Open the [Settings] menu. 3. Select [Network]. 4. Select [Test Internet Connection]. If this test shows your connection as NAT type 3 then you most likely have some sort of interference within your connection to the online servers.....

And it goes on and on. Needless to say I already informed them that I have a 300mb connection AND I am a high level tech. They are also not paying attention as I informed them that this seems to happen only when someone is joining the game to view it or play in it. What the hell in NAT would be affected by that???

Hi Thefathermind, the break in audio is the game stabilizing the connection of all players so that they can have a seamless connection within an active game. Dillon is correct in saying that it could have been a connection issue, and this is always the first step to suggest in our troubleshooting. If you didn't start with your connection details, then that response was warranted including having you check your NAT type. Even with high speed connections, there could be settings adjusted that would effect what the NAT shows on the console.

NAT comes into play as that is what PlayStation uses to indicate your signal strength:
    NAT Type 1 (Open) – You are either NOT behind a router/firewall OR you have already DMZ enabled. You shouldn’t run into any issues whilst gaming, but this may cause security issues.
    NAT Type 2 (Moderate) –Your PS3/PS4 is connected properly and you shouldn’t run into any issues.
    NAT Type 3 (Strict) – You may be able to connect to the PSN and perform downloads/updates other functions may not work as intended.

Greetings UbiCeeCee,

I did start my case with "I have 20mbs/300mbs so I should be having NO audio issues.". I use LOTS of audio applications including VoIP phones with NO issues. I also notified you I was reporting a bug and not asking for technical advice. Now...

When the game starts this does happen some times. Fine.. But half way through the game when in the middle of a conversation everyone starts roboting and cutting out makes the game impossible to play. At first I thought it was random. But then I realized it was happening when someone would join the game just to wait in queue or if someone left while in the waiting time it would happen as someone was joining. I am STRUGGLING to report this as a bug. As it is my case got me NO WHERE. This is an AUDIO BASED game.. so for this to happen in the middle of a game basically says.. THE GAME IS BROKEN! It would be as if in an First Person Shooter suddenly no one could shoot for 10 seconds in the middle of the game.

I recently gave up on using my PS4 Pro as you were KILLING IT with your crash bug. So I bought the game for the HTC Vive (Not happy about having to buy a double license and I would love my money back). I have found this audio issue happens way less, if at all. I am still watching it as I have only been using it for a few days on the Vive. I would love to report what I find.. or supply you video from the PS4 Pro.. but at this point, based on my experience with your support, I am not sure anyone is even listening. Please keep in mind that this is coming from the CEO of a business that actually does Computer Support as our primary source of income. I am very technical and very customer service oriented...

I want to clarify something...

I know I sound like kind of a jerk.. and I am sorry for that. I am bitter at Ubi because they release games before they are ready to be released. I have wondered why you do this.. I can only speculate that you desperate for cash. I am bitter because you have misrepresented games to me.. like WatchDogs 2. I am upset that your support is always so vague and does not follow through on its promises...

That aside...

I think you are all wonderful. And you have put out some great products.. as long as we give you the 6 to 8 months after release to finish it so we can purchase it as a functioning product. I think if you were up front with us about the games you are Pre-Releasing and more communicative on the major issues.. we would be a lot happier with you as a company.

Example.. I complained about the PS4 Pro crash... You simply closed the case. You should have left it open and notified me when you resolved it. As of today I have no way of knowing that this issue is resolved unless I go hunting to see if it is. I only suspect it was resolved because of a Users post to my complaint in a forum. You are PROGRAMMERS for goodness sake. You are like gods in the virtual world. You cannot build a simple system to notify people of updates and fixes? You cannot make your case tracking system do this?

This post is gold and could change how the public sees you. It could potentially make you a lot more money if you take it to hart. Please do...

The robotic and choppy audio happens to me on the Oculus Rift as well. I have used Ventrillo, Teamspeak, and other in game audio tools on other titles and never experience a loss of audio like this. Other programs have solid audio and it is definitely NOT my connection. There is a flaw or bug with how this game is processing or sending its audio to players. By the way, it only seems to happen to individuals and not universally... for example: if it was a single players connections then everyone would experience the same problem with a specific player.

If my connection was bad, when I spoke ALL players would have choppy audio from me, and all other players audio would be choppy. However, I often cannot understand anyone because the audio gets choppy, but I will say something while that audio is dropping out but everyone can still understand me just fine. Other times, someone will stand up and say... everything is choppy I can't hear anything you are all saying while he is crystal clear for us. Never does someone speak and come across choppy for the rest of the players, whereby everyone would say, "can you repeat that, your connection was bad." It just doesn't happen like that.

Ubisoft needs to figure this out. I love the game but I cannot fully endorse it with such a critical flaw. This game is wholly dependent upon the audio quality and frankly, it is pretty crappy right now. I seriously want to whisper something but can't rely upon quality audio often making the whisper take longer than necessary or having to go back a second or third time sometimes. That creates a suspicion or whatever when it was not intended. It is a result of a game bug.

Fix this.

I have experienced this mostly on my PS4... however.. I do sometimes have it happen mildly on my Vive as well. As it happens 2 or 3 times a night on the I have now captured video if it happening on the PS4 and will upload it if Ubi requests me to. I would have supplied it in the ticket.. but they closed it and seem uninterested in solving this critical issue.

I have INFORMATION... I have important INFORMATION....

So I just experienced the audio bug on my HTC Vive. It was about 10 seconds before the session ended. When the game cycled a new player joined that I knew... And I asked him at one point he joined.. He stated about 10 seconds before the last session ended.. and.. HE JOINED ON ME! Not sure if there is any connection there. But that seems like a critical thing to look into. Additionally at the time he joined everyone was talking and there were 7 people already in the game.

COULD WE PLEASE GET THIS ON THE KNOWN ISSUES LIST NOW???