free version of assassins creed 3. poorly designed

Im currently playing that version, and it is poorly designed. First of, everytime i have to play the game, i have to verify the files. Second, the controls are messed up. ½ the time it dosent seem to want to pick up weapons. It said the reload button was R, yet nothing happens, i have to press Q. 3. Im at the fort where you have to free some slaves, and there is an extra option, to kill 3 people in a corner, silently. I saw a video of how to do it. Im doing it pretty much as it shows, yet it dosent accept the kills. So either it is broke, you you have to do the kill in 100% the right spot and right way, which again is ****ty gamiong design. The controls just dosent seem that well designed for pc.

And you can't even save in the game, so you have to start all over, if you fail. Which you will, as the "post"/"open window" is so microscopic. And you have to guess when a checkpoint is, because they arent even competent enough, to ad a notification in the game, for when the checkpoint is. The game is from 2012, and it dosent even have a save function. So either they are lazy, incompetent, or just trying to screw over the players. Who ever designed that "bonus option" should not be designing games

Butcherbird59's Avatar Senior Member
    Well, no verify-files problem here but weapon pick up is a little hard hearing, yes! I usually need to do it twice until it grabs.

The difficulty in-game is apparently a bit higher than in those videos - not sure why that is.

Freeing the 'slaves' took me a dozen attempts/ different approaches until it worked out.

Saving progress? So far I think this game saves after every completed assignment or mission. However, some assignments are a bit longer hence you start over again.

Yes, this game is teething at times and it's no walk in the woods

strigoi1958's Avatar Senior Member
    corner kills... you don't just stand by a corner... when you are in the right position he does a slight crouch and gets very close to the wall/ box/ tent... then when the enemy is highlighted you press the kill button/ key and he will stab and drag the enemy around the corner... it takes a little practice but after a while you'll find you can do it so easy that the bodies start mounting up

naumaan's Avatar Senior Member
    i was in the console section for quite a while now and what is happening in the pc section ...

Lysette88's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by strigoi1958 Go to original post
    corner kills... you don't just stand by a corner... when you are in the right position he does a slight crouch and gets very close to the wall/ box/ tent... then when the enemy is highlighted you press the kill button/ key and he will stab and drag the enemy around the corner... it takes a little practice but after a while you'll find you can do it so easy that the bodies start mounting up
    Yes, this - and you can feel when it is right, because your character seems to stick to the wall or corner - it cannot just be seen optically but you can feel it at your controls, that the character is clinging to the wall or corner. It is as well good to get a feel for the range of the "whistle", so that you do not attract more than one red coat at a time - speaking to the OP, not to you, strigoi1958. Merry christmas btw.

Merry Christmas to you too Lysette

Naumaan.... I wondered where you had been hiding... you stealthy assassin Merry Christmas

naumaan's Avatar Senior Member
    hahaha ... merry christmas ..

i ve been busy in professional life,.. now I am getting married on the new year, I am surely going to try convincing my fiance/wife to get into AC

how are you and what you been upto .. any new avatar works there ? still a vampire assassin, are you ?

Another thing i find a little stupid. You might be surrounded by mobs, why does it take about 5+ punches and kicks before to actualy stab the mob. It just gives the opponents time to attack you. They are open for a stab quite fast, you you just keep going at them, even though there are mobs attacking you. in fighting and life and death situations, its about taking out your oppoent(s) fast.

well you're supposed to be stealthy, taking out enemy 1 by 1 but if there is no alternative to fighting a big group, always counter. if you block then attack it is always a hit.