Christmas songs?

Ok, the first year of Rocksmith, there were some Christmas downloads. My brother downloaded them and I loved them -- Carol of the Bells is awesome. I've asked in previous years, but are we going to get them this year? I really would love to download these songs.

Previous thread in the DLC forum: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...s-music-Forums

Edit: I don't know who this Seth Chapla person is -- it could be any version of Carol of the Bells. I just like that song, not that particular artist.

Further Edit: I own both Rocksmiths that have been released so far, and the transfer bit, if that'll help...

toymachinesh's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Banaticus Go to original post
    Ok, the first year of Rocksmith, there were some Christmas downloads. My brother downloaded them and I loved them -- Carol of the Bells is awesome. I've asked in previous years, but are we going to get them this year? I really would love to download these songs.
    Nope

del170109032657's Avatar Community Manager
    Those particular songs were a bit before my time here. As such, I don't have the most information about them. Dan might be able to give some extra details.

In regards to Christmas tunes that are currently available, we do have two tracks from Band of Merrymakers which were released last year.

“Joy To The World” by Band Of Merrymakers – E Standard – Lead/Rhythm/Bass
    “Must Be Christmas” by Band Of Merrymakers – E Standard – Lead/Rhythm/Bass

Here's the trailer (Band of Merrymakers DLC starts at 2:36):

1 people found this helpful

The_Working_Man's Avatar Senior Member
    Ode to Joy and The Notecracker Medley also made my Christmas tunes song list.

Originally Posted by JasonParadise Go to original post
    Those particular songs were a bit before my time here. As such, I don't have the most information about them. Dan might be able to give some extra details.

In regards to Christmas tunes that are currently available, we do have two tracks from Band of Merrymakers which were released last year.

“Joy To The World” by Band Of Merrymakers – E Standard – Lead/Rhythm/Bass
    “Must Be Christmas” by Band Of Merrymakers – E Standard – Lead/Rhythm/Bass

Here's the trailer (Band of Merrymakers DLC starts at 2:36):

Hey Jason (or Dan), no snark intended, but I'm wondering why those won't be released again? Is it licensing? Seems like it comes up frequently and there appears to be demand for them. Could be an easy win for Rocksmith since they're already tracked. Just curious.

DanAmrich's Avatar Rocksmith Dev Team
    Originally Posted by rhyspinot Go to original post
    Hey Jason (or Dan), no snark intended, but I'm wondering why those won't be released again? Is it licensing? Seems like it comes up frequently and there appears to be demand for them. Could be an easy win for Rocksmith since they're already tracked. Just curious.
    They were a one-time gift of the moment. It was a special thing for early adopters.

Once upon a time ago...

Originally Posted by Banaticus Go to original post

Previous thread in the DLC forum: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...s-music-Forums

Edit: I don't know who this Seth Chapla person is -- it could be any version of Carol of the Bells. I just like that song, not that particular artist.

Further Edit: I own both Rocksmiths that have been released so far, and the transfer bit, if that'll help...
    One of the original DLC for the XBOX Rocksmith was a holiday song pack. It had a version of Carol of the Bells, I would love to see the whole holiday pack come back Rocksmith 2014 for PC. My Xbox is on its last legs.

ghmorello's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Saurion11 Go to original post
    One of the original DLC for the XBOX Rocksmith was a holiday song pack. It had a version of Carol of the Bells, I would love to see the whole holiday pack come back Rocksmith 2014 for PC. My Xbox is on its last legs.
    Never coming back!

I can see giving it away for free to early adopters as a thank you, but is there really a good reason to not make it available to everyone now? I'd dig playing those and have no problem shelling out money like I do nearly every week for Rocksmith DLC.

It just seems odd to withhold content people would enjoy and benefit from in order to keep it "special" for a select few.

The_Working_Man's Avatar Senior Member
    They're not so much withholding them as not going through all the additional effort to license them for sale as RS2014 dlc. It may sound like semantics, but there's a difference in intent.

If it had been easy to bring them over, then I'd guess they would have done so.