DanAmrich's Avatar Rocksmith Dev Team
    Originally Posted by CreativityFails Go to original post
    Just 3? That's incredibly disappointing.
    ...or as I like to think of it, "Hey, great, after months of work, we finally were able to clear some Creedence Clearwater Revival!" It's all in how you look at it, I suppose, but this is a significant one for us, as we've been trying to get these hits in our library for some time. And it does take time. I'm happy that we can put three songs out now rather than try to wait for more. And as Jason pointed out, we've got "Have You Ever Seen the Rain" and "Born on the Bayou" in the game already, so five total ain't too bad from my perspective. There could always be more in the future.

Originally Posted by Danson79 Go to original post
    I would guess Fortunate Son, as it was licensed for Watch Dogs 2 (another Ubi game) as well.
    This really doesn't have that big of an effect, actually. Each usage for each game is cleared with different terms and for different purposes. Same thing with Just Dance, when there's crossover there -- the licensing team already has the correct contact, but it does not necessarily make the actual license any easier or quicker to clear since using a song in a trailer or in an in-game soundtrack is a different kind of usage from what we do with that same music. Everything is on its own terms, really.
     2 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by CreativityFails Go to original post
    Just 3? That's incredibly disappointing.
    ...or as I like to think of it, "Hey, great, after months of work, we finally were able to clear some Creedence Clearwater Revival!" It's all in how you look at it, I suppose, but this is a significant one for us, as we've been trying to get these hits in our library for some time. And it does take time. I'm happy that we can put three songs out now rather than try to wait for more. And as Jason pointed out, we've got "Have You Ever Seen the Rain" and "Born on the Bayou" in the game already, so five total ain't too bad from my perspective. There could always be more in the future.

Originally Posted by Danson79 Go to original post
    I would guess Fortunate Son, as it was licensed for Watch Dogs 2 (another Ubi game) as well.
    This really doesn't have that big of an effect, actually. Each usage for each game is cleared with different terms and for different purposes. Same thing with Just Dance, when there's crossover there -- the licensing team already has the correct contact, but it does not necessarily make the actual license any easier or quicker to clear since using a song in a trailer or in an in-game soundtrack is a different kind of usage from what we do with that same music. Everything is on its own terms, really.

I hope "we're goin up around the bend!"
     1 people found this helpful

Damn, I was hoping for Glasgow Kiss - John Petrucci

Originally Posted by metsuck Go to original post
    Nice to get a few more classics but it feels like a let down from prior year end dlc. Is 12-20 last dlc of year?
    Tuesday12/20, there will be DLC. Tuesday 12/27, the office is closed, our partners are not accepting submissions, and there will be no DLC as a result. Tuesday January 3, we're back with weekly DLC again.

Nice to get a few more classics but it feels like a let down from prior year end dlc. Is 12-20 last dlc of year?
    Tuesday12/20, there will be DLC. Tuesday 12/27, the office is closed, our partners are not accepting submissions, and there will be no DLC as a result. Tuesday January 3, we're back with weekly DLC again.

Originally Posted by HMPoweredMan Go to original post
    Have you already mastered the Dream Theater pack?

Originally Posted by HMPoweredMan Go to original post
    Have you already mastered the Dream Theater pack?

Uncle Dead1y's Avatar Member
    CCR, Great! I'll look forward to this pack.

Originally Posted by DanAmrich Go to original post
    I'm not trying to sound ungrateful. Truth is I love CCR, but with that love comes the desire for more than 2 (soon to be 5) songs from such a terrific band.
    Any CCR of course is good news, but surely there's nothing wrong with wanting more.

Small pack. But cool. I hope the Creedence library will grow larger with time as other legendary artists like Queen, Bowie and The Doors have done.

A welcome addition for sure, will purchase day one.

Awesome!!! I am really excited for this pack but I was hoping for 5 songs, anyway thank you guys!

If we get an Elvis pack like i'm praying for next week, that will blow last year out of the water. And I still love the STP pack, but freakin ELVIS & CCR man!