1. #1

    Where are the random crime events (from Watch Dogs)?

    I miss them so much! They were so cool! But now it looks like everyone in the city is a good citizen. Sad.
    Even though there is no Vigilante status, you guys could add random crime events again for small amounts of followers!
    It makes no sense such a big city, but no crime at all. So add it, please.
    Plus is fun and very dynamic.
     2 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  2. #2
    I agree. That was one of the many enjoyable things in Watch Dogs 1.
     1 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  3. #3
    forpostingthis's Avatar Banned
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    12
    Originally Posted by Calebasso Go to original post
    I miss them so much! They were so cool! But now it looks like everyone in the city is a good citizen. Sad.
    Even though there is no Vigilante status, you guys could add random crime events again for small amounts of followers!
    It makes no sense such a big city, but no crime at all. So add it, please.
    Plus is fun and very dynamic.

    UMM you haven't been walking around the game if you haven't seen anything, either that or you're too busy using this game as a call of duty clone too notice.

    Let me drop you a clue about the crimes I've seen in the game..While doing something about any crime in the doesn't net you followers, they're still crimes happening within the game and it's something to do plus you can usually loot all the money and other stuff lying around on the ground.:

    Cars being hit with Bats
    Random Shootouts between the cops and the gangs/guards
    Fist fights
    Arguments
    Accidents
    Car Jackings
    Pedestrians getting shot while going into restricted areas.
    etc...


    You have a number of things at your disposal to deal with the various crimes!
     1 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  4. #4
    LonaBoom's Avatar Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Diva Gaming Land
    Posts
    322
    Originally Posted by forpostingthis Go to original post
    UMM you haven't been walking around the game if you haven't seen anything, either that or you're too busy using this game as a call of duty clone too notice.

    Let me drop you a clue about the crimes I've seen in the game..While doing something about any crime in the doesn't net you followers, they're still crimes happening within the game and it's something to do plus you can usually loot all the money and other stuff lying around on the ground.:

    Cars being hit with Bats
    Random Shootouts between the cops and the gangs/guards
    Fist fights
    Arguments
    Accidents
    Car Jackings
    Pedestrians getting shot while going into restricted areas.
    etc...


    You have a number of things at your disposal to deal with the various crimes!
    right
    Share this post

  5. #5
    Originally Posted by forpostingthis Go to original post
    UMM you haven't been walking around the game if you haven't seen anything, either that or you're too busy using this game as a call of duty clone too notice.

    Let me drop you a clue about the crimes I've seen in the game..While doing something about any crime in the doesn't net you followers, they're still crimes happening within the game and it's something to do plus you can usually loot all the money and other stuff lying around on the ground.:

    Cars being hit with Bats
    Random Shootouts between the cops and the gangs/guards
    Fist fights
    Arguments
    Accidents
    Car Jackings
    Pedestrians getting shot while going into restricted areas.
    etc...


    You have a number of things at your disposal to deal with the various crimes!
    It's true, I forgot to say about that. It's indeed much more immersive like this. The city is alive!

    I did noticed these when they happened, and I was really impressed, but they have no prioritie nor rewards.

    You do not get notified, and you do not get noticed (get rewards or have any good impact for you) when you interfere them in a good way.

    It feels like they are only visual, only cosmetic, even though you can do a lot of things to interact with them in many different ways and get many different outcomes, WHICH IS AWESOME AND AMAZING, it's true, but I still think that there should be an app in your phone that could track crimes for possible rewards.

    It's a great and not hard, idea!

    Also, by crime, I mean, someone trying to kidnap, kill or steal someone, something really bad.
     1 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  6. #6
    Originally Posted by Calebasso Go to original post
    It's true, I forgot to say about that. It's indeed much more immersive like this. The city is alive!

    I did noticed these when they happened, and I was really impressed, but they have no prioritie nor rewards.

    You do not get notified, and you do not get noticed (get rewards or have any good impact for you) when you interfere them in a good way.

    It feels like they are only visual, only cosmetic, even though you can do a lot of things to interact with them in many different ways and get many different outcomes, WHICH IS AWESOME AND AMAZING, it's true, but I still think that there should be an app in your phone that could track crimes for possible rewards.

    It's a great and not hard, idea!

    Also, by crime, I mean, someone trying to kidnap, kill or steal someone, something really bad.
    So what you meant to say is give some reward for stopping random crimes. I agree but don't, the part I agree with is if you have total control over Ctos and that has the crime prevention algorithm so you should get notifications, the part I don't agree with is you have an illegal hack so getting a reward would give you away.

    You are erased from the system remember.
    Share this post

  7. #7
    Originally Posted by uhaventlearnd Go to original post
    So what you meant to say is give some reward for stopping random crimes. I agree but don't, the part I agree with is if you have total control over Ctos and that has the crime prevention algorithm so you should get notifications, the part I don't agree with is you have an illegal hack so getting a reward would give you away.

    You are erased from the system remember.
    But you are being illegal all the game long!

    People are following DedSec because they are doing good things in illegal ways. That would surely give them followers because: "DedSec saved a life by hacking into the Crime Prevention System, and being faster than the police!"

    Everything you're doing is illegal, but the thing is that you're doing it for good reasons.
     2 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  8. #8
    Originally Posted by Calebasso Go to original post
    But you are being illegal all the game long!

    People are following DedSec because they are doing good things in illegal ways. That would surely give them followers because: "DedSec saved a life by hacking into the Crime Prevention System, and being faster than the police!"

    Everything you're doing is illegal, but the thing is that you're doing it for good reasons.
    You're blocked out on camera so you cannot possibly prove you did it, so how would your followers know you did it?

    I'm just showing that the whole concept of followers doesn't fit this, that doesn't stop some other rewards from being given out.
    Share this post

  9. #9
    This is a sorely missed feature among many others. The vigilantism was so much fun in wd1. Helping a woman chase down a purse snacher. Finding a hidden stash of blackmail money through a phone conversation hack. Being lured into a trap of thugs by a "wOman in distress". Why did you strip so many features ubisoft??
     1 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  10. #10
    i have seen many of these but are they random or do certain actions lead to them. Are there any places where these are more common. And ive never seen gangs shoot at civilians can you elaborate? thx
    Share this post