Just got a One ... Should I still purchase DLC thru my 360 to always have it on both?

Just got an XBox One. If I get Remastered, should I still purchase all DLC through my 360 so I always have it available on both consoles?

How about the RS1 import tracks. Will they transfer over as well since I've purchased them??

I current have both consoles and I still buy my DLC on the 360 just so I can still have two consoles with the DLC.

A word of advise on downloading the DLC on the Xbone:
    1. Hover over Rocksmith Remastered and press start (the button nearest "X")
    2. Select "Manage game"
    3. Go to "Ready to install"
    4. All your 360 DLC should be there.

I found out the hard way that this was the method you have to use.

Originally Posted by SteppDad Go to original post
    I current have both consoles and I still buy my DLC on the 360 just so I can still have two consoles with the DLC.

A word of advise on downloading the DLC on the Xbone:
    2. Select "Manage game"

I found out the hard way that this was the method you have to use.
    Excellent--thank you.

Any idea if the RS1 tracks port over?

If you purchased the import tool on the Xbox 360 to import RS1, then you will be able to download the import pack for the Xbox One. If you follow the directions above to get the DLC, the import pack should be one of the things that download.

Originally Posted by SteppDad Go to original post
    If you purchased the import tool on the Xbox 360 to import RS1, then you will be able to download the import pack for the Xbox One. If you follow the directions above to get the DLC, the import pack should be one of the things that download.
    Perfect! I bought Remastered from Best Buy over the weekend since it was on sale for $27. Looking forward to pulling all my DLC over. But I think I'll still make my purchases on the 360 just so I always have them on both.

THANK YOU. Finding out the hard way too I think, even harder if not for your post - owe ya a beer my friend good gawd had like 32 and some I had forgot about etc... THANK YOU!!!!!!

For all others YES buy on 360 and import per this:
    2. Select "Manage game"

Yes, you should, ridiculously.

The DLC should be crossbuy both ways why Ubi has this one-way bull going on, I have no idea. Same story on Playstation. It's frustrating to realise you accidentally bought the current gen version of a DLC instead of the prior, I have no idea who this system benefits.

Dragonteeth-SE's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by Danson79 Go to original post

The DLC should be crossbuy both ways why Ubi has this one-way bull going on, I have no idea. Same story on Playstation. It's frustrating to realise you accidentally bought the current gen version of a DLC instead of the prior, I have no idea who this system benefits.

Pisspoor move btw.
    I feel for ya.

rcole_sooner's Avatar Moderator
    The DLC transfer is a store front thing. Ubisoft has limited control if any on that.

Originally Posted by Danson79 Go to original post

Annnnnnddd I just found out why the DLC I purchased shows as not purchased on the 360. Awesome fun.