🛈 Announcement
Greetings! Far Cry forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game.

Same problem

Hi there!
    Ticket number 05742402
    Was opened almost week ago and still nothing.

same problem here - Ticket 05781756

When I try to connect to Uplay to play co-op it tells me "The far Cry 3 service is not available. Please try again later"

I have 2 cd-keys on U-Play for Far Cry 3 (one was obtained as a gift with AMD bundle and the other was purchased by mistake on Steam), not sure if that might be the problem

I have tried installing both the game Steam and U-Play but I have the same problem.

I have deactivated firewall, reset router but no success, reinstalling U-Play and followed the instructions at

https://support.ubi.com/en-US/faqs/0...Issues-PC-FC3/

I have another pc in the same local network (with a different Steam account and a different cd-key in order to play co-op) and with that pc it works with no problems (so it's not modem/router issue otherwise it would not connect also with that pc)

I found the solution for my problem. Not sure if it will work with you but it's worth trying.
    In my case UplayProfile LockString was empty

Follow these steps:

1) go in C:\Users\<user name>\Documents\My Games\Far Cry 3

2) open GamerProfile.xml

3) check if UplayProfile LockString is empty. In my case it was <UplayProfile LockString="" />

4) if it's empty, rename Gamerprofile.xml --> GameProfile.old

5) Remove Uplay and reinstall it

6) Launch Far Cry 3

At this point GameProfile.xml should be recreated and now UplayProfile lockstring should be present with a string like <UplayProfile LockString="abcdefghijklmnopqr" />
     1 people found this helpful

it seems the problem still exists https://forums.ubi.com/showthread.ph...s-etc-pls-help
    i hope the support can check my ticket soon and advise

Wild-Recon's Avatar Senior Member
    Strangely, I just reinstalled Far Cry 3 and it works like charm! I don't know what happened, but now game connects with Club and everything works just fine.

Originally Posted by Trappola1 Go to original post
    I found the solution for my problem. Not sure if it will work with you but it's worth trying.
    In my case UplayProfile LockString was empty

Follow these steps:

1) go in C:\Users\<user name>\Documents\My Games\Far Cry 3

2) open GamerProfile.xml

3) check if UplayProfile LockString is empty. In my case it was <UplayProfile LockString="" />

4) if it's empty, rename Gamerprofile.xml --> GameProfile.old

5) Remove Uplay and reinstall it

6) Launch Far Cry 3

At this point GameProfile.xml should be recreated and now UplayProfile lockstring should be present with a string like <UplayProfile LockString="abcdefghijklmnopqr" />
    I know this is over 3 years old but this fixed my problem. You're a legend, thank you!

Hello everyone.

I seem to have a problem with Ubisoft servers as well.

Ubisoft Connect works fine with me but now every time I launch Far Cry 3, at the title screen the game indicates that the servers are unavailable. And no matter how many times I try to reconnect to the servers by starting a coop game it doesn't work.

I tried a lot of things : removing Hosts files, changing my account's password. And sadly UplayProfile LockString isn't empty.

So I'm actually lost and would need some help so I can finish coop mode in peace.

Thank you in advance for your answer.
     1 people found this helpful

I have the same problem. Tried the deleting and reinstalling as mentioned above but it didn't fix the problem.

Ubisoft chat offered no real hep. The guy could not wait to cut me loose and gave me that connectivity issue thread:

https://www.ubisoft.com/en-gb/help/f...3-pc/000076759

And that is no help at all.

There is something else in hand.

Ubi-Baron's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff EMEA
    Hi RayFun25028 & NICK.ALTMAN,

We're sorry to hear you've been having connection issues.

I believe the issue causing this for Far Cry 3 should have been resolved, are you guys still seeing the connect issues in-game?