🛈 Announcement
Greetings! Ubisoft Connect forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game

Uplay - "You have been logged out due to inactivity" Every. Single. Time

Every time I start Uplay I'm getting the "You have been logged out due to inactivity" message and have to log in again, which is REALLY annoying. Even more annoying is that Uplay never remembers my login details when that happens.

Please fix your client.
     4 people found this helpful

I get the same thing every time I leave uplay running and hibernate my computer. After resuming the computer, the uplay client crashes and then gives me the "logged out due to inactivity" error when I restart it.

This is compounded by the fact that I try to be secure and use a password manager with a long random character string for a password and two factor authentication.

If this continues I'm going to have to turn 2FA off and use a simple password, not the best solution! Please fix this Ubisoft.
     3 people found this helpful

Uplay - "You have been logged out due to inactivity" Every. Single. Time

Same here even though I have Remember Login checked I have to reenter everything. Real annoying!
     1 people found this helpful

It seems to happen to me at the same exact time every day if I'm already logged in, or on my next login attempt if I'm not. Even had it happen once while I was in the middle of playing Watch Dogs 2. It caused the game to crash.
     2 people found this helpful

Ubi-Kay's Avatar Community Manager
    Hello, if you are still experiencing the logged out due to inactivity issue please see the post here and send us your logs so we can investigate.

I have the same issue every day and having 2 authentication just compounds the problem and takes me longer to start a game.

I see people have been complaining for many many months about Uplay not remembering my credentials even with the check box checked.

Fix the client please. Ubisoft wants us to use Uplay but honestly its such a hassle i do not want to any more.

Steam never does this.

I fixed it.

Originally Posted by Ubi-Kay Go to original post
    Hello, if you are still experiencing the logged out due to inactivity issue please see the post here and send us your logs so we can investigate.
    Hey, Ubisoft. I investigated the logs myself and believe I have fixed the issue. It's caused by two things.

Users experiencing this issue:

First, log out of all instances of Uplay on all machines both in the client AND especially in browsers! If you accidentally left it logged in somewhere else, this will happen. If you are unsure of what machines you are logged into, you can force a log out service-wide by changing your password. Enabling and then disabling 2-Step will NOT do this.

Second, Windows power users - check your hosts file!

Make sure you unblock these three URL's by putting '# ' in front of the redirect address, so it reads,
    # 127.0.0.1
    or
    # 0.0.0.0

The addresses to UNBLOCK are
    adserver.adtech.de
    adserver.adtech.fr
    adserver.adtech.us

So delete them, or change them to:
    # 127.0.0.1 adserver.adtech.de
    # 127.0.0.1 adserver.adtech.fr
    # 127.0.0.1 adserver.adtech.us

Login servers will 401 on either of these conditions.

That is no fix and if it were i would considerably being worried about my account security having a login procedure in a client that is intermixed with 3rd party ADSERVING company that isnt even OWNED by UBISOFT but by AOL.

Thanks but this is desinformation until proof of concept.

bmendonc's Avatar Member
    I just got logged out in the middle of a game, how was I inactive while playing a game?

still happening in 2017,
    but i think i know a solution ubi: use steam instead this one always works
     2 people found this helpful

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... Last ►►