I don't understand [SPOILERS]

I defeated AC1 two hours ago (btw very cool story and love the cliffhanger, I always had to watch the story on youtube because I couldn't get into it for some reason) and I don't understand still why does Desmond not know about Abstergo at all hell I played AC 2, brotherhood, revelations, (Except Subject 16 parts) 3, 4, (2014 never happened) and Syndicate from a friend because I am tired of the gameplay personal story formula and I don't understand... That Desmond knew all about this in Revelations but not in AC1?

Hell why wasn't Lucy red?
    And why is there a second Apple in Cyprus? how did it get there if Altair put it in the ''vault library?'' am I missing so much information?
    Anyone help?
    What happened to those Temples and artefacts that appeared at the end of the game appearing on the holograpic world map?

AND I STILL LOVE THE MODERN DAY LOL XD

LoyalACFan's Avatar Senior Member
    Because Patrice left, the original idea for the conclusion of the series was tossed out, and Revelations had to bridge the gap somehow. No point in trying to dig into the lore for answers, it's just that some of the original plot threads were casualties of the change in management. It's disappointing, yeah, but TBH I'm kind of over it now. They managed to keep some semblance of continuity even after some pretty seismic shifts in development, so I gotta give them props for that.

A) Desmond does know what Abstergo is to an extent. He was raised in South Dakota in an Assassin Combine. However as his story said in Assassin's Creed Revelations he always thought they were just crazy and ran away. He knew Abstergo existed, but didn't know he was initially captured by Abstergo or what an animus was, or what they wanted from him since he left the assassins years ago.

B) Eagle Vision only shows the intentions of people around you not their true ideologies. Lucy had to befriend Desmond and her intentions must be to be close to him and to protect him. I would imagine that she was trained to be able deceive eagle vision by the Templars since they knew how strong his lineage was. Obviously she was blue to create the twist for the player.

C) There was always a second apple in Cyprus, I believe in the Templar vault.

D) Altair's Apple was in King Solomon's Temple for a long time before it was found by Altair, the assassins, and the Templars. Afterwards he took the apple to Cyprus to hide it but ended up taking it with him and married Maria while continuing learning from it and finding the vault under Alamut. He eventually had his library built and sealed himself and his apple inside. This was later destroyed in the Denver Incident.

E) Some of those have been shown, but most locations have not been visited. It also obviously does not show every temple and artifact location.

two solid answers but yeah ubi decided to kill off a lot of the story and retcon things although they dont admit it
    like between brotherhood and ac4 they kill off desmond, lucy, subject 16, and warren vidic all the main story characters to start their new arc which is going absolutly nowhere and nowhere fast by the looks of things

Originally Posted by rob1990312 Go to original post
    two solid answers but yeah ubi decided to kill off a lot of the story and retcon things although they dont admit it
    like between brotherhood and ac4 they kill off desmond, lucy, subject 16, and warren vidic all the main story characters to start their new arc which is going absolutly nowhere and nowhere fast by the looks of things
    Would you like to mention all the retcons?

lucy switching sides is one
    temples became one temple
    ezio no longer related to altair
    bactracked on subject 16 speech in brotherhood although it looks like theyre picking up the thread again
    juno is the big bad kind of came out of nowhere so she probably 2as never planned to end up that way
    i know there are more but cant think of any at the moment

Originally Posted by rob1990312 Go to original post
    lucy switching sides is one
    temples became one temple
    ezio no longer related to altair
    bactracked on subject 16 speech in brotherhood although it looks like theyre picking up the thread again
    juno is the big bad kind of came out of nowhere so she probably 2as never planned to end up that way
    i know there are more but cant think of any at the moment
    Yeah I still hear that in Brotherhood and why can't Ezio not be related towards Atair?

iv no definitive proof but i reckon ezio and altair were meant to be related, there is a scene in ac2 where it shows that altair passes on his lineage, like why even show that in ac2 if its not imlying that ezio is his decendant
    when revelations came to be released all of a sudden new writers at the time were like oh no we never said they were related and now they arent
    thi of course was to free themselves up for future games and give them more varied protagonists but it was definitly a retcon

Originally Posted by joshoolhorst Go to original post
    Yeah I still hear that in Brotherhood and why can't Ezio not be related towards Atair?
    Altair is Desmond's mom ancester.

Ezio is William Milles ancester.

So, thechnicaly they ARE related by the blood of Desmond. It's the same thing as with grand parents. On first look they aren't related, but for the grand child, they are, through him. ^-^

yeah but i was talking about direct descendants before any of that info was even wrote