🛈 Announcement
Greetings! The Rocksmith forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game

Are there Playstation Store promotions like Steam sales

Like the title says.
    I bought recently rocksmith 1, then bought rocksmith 2014 on ps3. I noticed the dlc songs cost around 2.99 Euro, and with steam sales the price is cut in half.

Danny-Ramone's Avatar Senior Member
    Steam is the only platform to have regular sales (twice a year). I think there was a rare Xbox sale not too long ago. I'm not aware of any Sony promotions.

If you're going to invest in DLC, you may want to consider jumping to PC now, before you've shelled out too much cash. RS1 and RS2014 are on sale as well, at 50 and 60% off. If you buy DLC for the playstation you won't be able to transfer it to Steam if you decide you want to move at a later stage.

pedietz's Avatar Senior Member
    The only sales you get from Sony are the credits.

Spend $100 and get $15 in credit kind of promotions.

So what's that,15% off ?

There was a Sony DLC sale in mid-October this year which was the first one I've ever heard of. However, there was no official announcement and it was difficult to find the discounted items unless you knew exactly what you were looking for, so they may have happened before.

Danny is right, though: if you think you might end up buying a fair amount of DLC, consider switching to PC now as Steam is way cheaper.

Yrd's Avatar Senior Member
    This is the main reason I switched to PC. You can try to find discounts on the money cards. That will be a discount in a way.

Steam money cards go on discount less frequently than the actual digital goods. I usually jump on them whenever I can. I see xbox money cards go on discount every now and again. Never paid attention to sony.