Two problems. HUD resizing, and weapon/emote wheel problems.

HUD Safe Zone:
    First, like most people I'm also having issues seeing the HUD. I can't change the setting on my TV and WD2 doesn't have a HUD safe zone slider. 35% of my mini map is gone. There is a quarter circle icon down in the bottom right of the screen that I have no idea what it does because I can't see it. I have no idea what else I can't see. I assume I can't see objectives, because I've noticed parts of words appearing in the top left of the screen.

Please add some sort of HUD Safe Zone slider, because the only other way for me to fix this is to buy a new TV.

Weapon/Emote Wheels:
    So, you have two types of wheels in WD2. Holding Up on the D-pad brings up the Weapon Wheel. Holding Down on the D-pad brings up the Emote Wheel. I assume because I was playing around with both wheels (changing weapons, then emoting, then changing weapons again, etc etc) some of my weapons and emotes have changed wheels. For instance my Emote wheel looks has my handgun in the top slot, and my stun gun in the slot just to left of it. They rest of the wheel consists of emotes, except for those two guns that are now there. My weapon wheel also has those two weapons I mentioned replaces with two emotes. They've pretty much switched.

Because my weapons are now on my emote wheel, I cannot change to them while driving because you can't use emotes while driving. Technically they're emotes now because they're on the emote wheel. In fact, I can't select the weapons on the emote wheel, and I can't select the emotes on the weapon wheel. Everything that has changed to a different wheel is now inaccessible to me.

Restarting the game did not fix it. Going to the Dedsec base and reorganising my weapons helped a little. My handgun in now on my weapon wheel, but my stun gun is permanently on my emote wheel, because you can't reorganise that weapon for some reason. The other problem is it didn't bring the emotes back to the emote wheel. Meaning, they didn't switch because they were replaced this time. Now I have missing emotes.

I don't wanna continue playing because I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to start a new game to fix the weapons/emote wheels. I don't want to waste my time continuing with a problem can't be fixed.

So pretty much, I'm going to wait for you guys to resolve the HUD problem first, then I'll start a new game and just make sure I never use the weapon wheel and emote wheel so close together.

Ubi-Stature's Avatar Community Manager
    Hi there, Zero Sora,

Welcome to the forums!

The resolution issue is a known issue that is currently under investigation however you can try some of the steps outlined in this thread: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...-edge(not-fit)

Additionally, in regards to the wheel issues - I will have this forwarded on to the team for investigation!

Hey, thanks for the quick reply.

Unfortunately my TV doesn't have Overscan or Display Area settings. The Aspect Ratio settings are only three options: Auto, 4:3 and 16:9. Neither setting fixes the problem.

Glad to hear you've sent the Weapon/Emote wheel problem along. I don't expect it to be fixed anytime soon since I don't know exactly what caused it besides spamming both wheels and selecting different emotes/weapons. It seems to only happen switch them around every so often. Like I said, I'm fine with starting a new game when the HUD Safe Zone problem is sorted out. I just won't use the wheels so quickly together next time.

Hi again,

Would it be possible for you to provide any images of the issue so we can look into this further?

I sure can.

This is before I try to fix the situation by re-equipping my weapons at the 3D printer in the Dedsec HQ.
    Weapon Wheel: https://s14.postimg.org/o9l2ovrmp/01...E_re_equip.jpg
    Emote Wheel: https://s14.postimg.org/mj21nea3l/02...E_re_equip.jpg
    No, I did not get the pictures mixed up. Both guns have changed position to the Emote Wheel, while my grenade has stayed on the Weapon Wheel.

As you can see on the Emote Wheel, my stun gun (which should be the top weapon) is in the NW slot. I don't think it's meant to be possible for the Stun Gun to change slots. My 4N00bs Pistol is in the top slot.

This is what my Weapon Menu looks like at the 3D printer in Dedsec HQ.
    Weapon Equip Menu: https://s14.postimg.org/7bm231i8x/03...equip_menu.jpg

You'll see the very top slot, which is supposed to be Stun Gun, has been replaced with the Flirt emote. Weapon Slot 1 is Greet. Weapon Slot 2 is Pacify.

I changed Weapon Slot 1 to my 4N00bs Pistol.

Here's what both Wheels look like now
    Weapon Wheel: https://s14.postimg.org/b99bsg529/04...R_re_equip.jpg
    Emote Wheel: https://s14.postimg.org/4wu6im201/05...R_re_equip.jpg

My Weapon Wheel now has the 4N00bs Pistol back in the left slot where it should be. However, it also remains on the Emote Wheel as well, it's just not selectable on the Emote Wheel.

I hope that helped.

These are fantastic, thanks!

I'll have these passed on as soon as possible.

Thanks again for your cooperation.

No problem. I'm happy to help.

BorgX666's Avatar Member
    here are my 2 screen shots from my Toshiba 42inch (4 years old, no adjustment options available)

Ubi5tefank's Avatar Community Manager
    Sorry about this.

@EvilStig666, does your TV remote for the Toshiba TV have a "Pic size" button? If so, try some of those settings it offers.

HUD resizing issue

i just got watch dogs 2 and is having the same issue and i have tried all the suggestions and nothing works any chance this can be fix or should i just return the game.
    i was looking forward to this game and kinda disappointing that they missed something that all games seem o have.