mortoma's Avatar Senior Member
    I for one am not wanting to see more sub-types but if we do, two that would be easy to make would be the I-16 Type 28 and the P-39Q5. The type 28 was faster than the type 24 we currently have and speedwise was only a hair slower than Emils. It was considered the absolute zenith of the I-16 family until the 109Fs came out, which led to the retirement of all I-16s not long after. Also the Q5 was considered the best overall, most balanced of the P-39 clan. It was supposed to be the best handling of them all.
    If we have to get more sub-types, why not get the most relevant ones???

I for one am not wanting to see more sub-types but if we do, two that would be easy to make would be the I-16 Type 28 and the P-39Q5. The type 28 was faster than the type 24 we currently have and speedwise was only a hair slower than Emils. It was considered the absolute zenith of the I-16 family until the 109Fs came out, which led to the retirement of all I-16s not long after. Also the Q5 was considered the best overall, most balanced of the P-39 clan. It was supposed to be the best handling of them all.
    If we have to get more sub-types, why not get the most relevant ones???

bump me

clint-ruin's Avatar Senior Member
    Several suspect that the "Type 24" we have is actually a mislabelled type 28 based on armament/performance.

Would much rather we go back and get the Type 5/8 etc for SCW :>