🛈 Announcement
Greetings! Watch Dogs forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game

Glovebox Looting - ?

Every time you steal a car, a message appears on the screen, saying "Glovebox looted: ________ (whatever item you found there)". What do you do with these items? Can you use them? Can you trade them in/sell them? What's the purpose of that? Does anyone know?

Rekalty's Avatar Senior Member
    You can apparently sell them for cash, though I haven't seen any pawnshops or otherwise that lets you do that. Works like in the first game, I assume.

Originally Posted by Rekalty Go to original post
    You can apparently sell them for cash, though I haven't seen any pawnshops or otherwise that lets you do that. Works like in the first game, I assume.
    That's how it works in WD1 so I assume this will be in WD2
     1 people found this helpful

Thanks for the replies. I didn't even realize it was in WD1. That's a nice little touch.

Not to revive a dead thread, but I tried Googling the value of each individual glovebox item, because I was curious and apparently the answer to that particular question does not exist in any forum or Wiki on the Internet yet. It just lists that selling items from the glovebox of a car at a pawnshop is a way to make money.

So I looted various cars near a pawnshop and individually sold each item and recorded the value one at a time. I found that diamond rings and Blume Glasses are worth the most, and apparently Blume Glasses have a variable value.

Here is my data:
    Antique Coin: $150
    Nudle II Microcomputer: $50
    E-Reader: $100
    Diamond Necklace: $1600
    Smart Phone: $50
    Smart Watch: $200
    Silver Artisan Ring: $100
    Fitness Wristband: $150
    Blume Glasses 1: $2550
    Gold Ring: 1,200
    Blume Glasses 2: $2400
    Tablet: $200

I was pretty surprised by the low value of a "microcomputer" and a smartphone is worth less than a smart watch.

As far as the Blume Glasses it is possible I looted a pair of glasses and another cheap item on accident, as this was a tedious endeavor.

Not that there is any control over the random looting of glovebox items, obviously the best value is Gold Rings, Diamond Necklaces, and Blume Glasses.
     1 people found this helpful

Jades's Avatar Junior Member
    Originally Posted by joeiudi Go to original post
    I was pretty surprised by the low value of a "microcomputer" and a smartphone is worth less than a smart watch.
    Could be that we think of a microcomputer as being like something like a classic 80s computer like a BBC Micro, Sinclair Spectrum, Dragon 32 etc (so micro compared with an old school minicomputer which would take up most of a room) but the developers mean something like a little single board computer like a Raspberry Pi. As for smart phones vs smart watches the former are pretty much every phone going now whereas smart watches are still mainly priced at the premium end.

Interesting findings though, thanks for taking the time to research and post. I tend to dump my valuables at irregular intervals, typically when I've ran out of ammo.