🛈 Announcement
Greetings! Trackmania forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game.

Trackmania VR... WHY!!!!???

Why not the full game in VR? Why no track editor? Clearly many concessions have been made for those who get motion sick, but what about for those who don't? The option should be there at least, it should be up to the players to decide if they want to risk feeling queasy! I don't remember the last time I was this disappointed with a game, and I know it's free and they created new tracks, but I'd rather have paid money and gotten the old ones and editor! It's such a shame, it looks much better than DriveClub VR, it could have been the best driving game on PS4, never mind PSVR! It could have been the best roller-coaster experience ever! It could have kept me playing for months by including the editor, even if i had to make new tracks for VR! As it is, I've played for an hour, golded all the tracks, greened a few, and am not likely to play it again. The more I think about it, the sadder it makes me... I don't know who made the decision to not just convert the full game, but they made a damn poor choice.
     4 people found this helpful

Same thing for me. This makes VR feel like a gimmick. I don't want to play a demo. I want the full game experience in VR. I don't care if I might get queasy, which I don't easily. I want the whole game in VR and I want to use the hood camera when I want to.
     3 people found this helpful

Ubi-Alinoa's Avatar Super Moderator
    Hi
    We had to bring the most comfortable experience to players to avoid motion sickness and that's why we couldn't have the full game in VR.
    And Happy New Year

Originally Posted by AlinoA_ Go to original post
    Hi
    We had to bring the most comfortable experience to players to avoid motion sickness and that's why we couldn't have the full game in VR.
    And Happy New Year
    I at least want more content in the VR mode. 40 levels just isn't enough. They are also so short. I can complete all 40 tracks in less than an hour. The VR mode was an absolute thrill, but the amount of content felt way too much like a demo. Players should be able to create their own tracks for VR, too. People will make tracks that make them sick, but that's their fault and there should be a warning when entering the track creator. The whole point of Trackmania is infinite tracks created by players. It really sucks that the VR mode is locked away from what the game is all about. I hope in the future you guys update the VR mode. Most of the VR games that are out currently (especially PSVR) are too much like demos and it is making VR gaming look way too much like a dumb gimmick. I really want VR to become the next big thing, but the games are just not there yet. I really want Trackmania to be THE game to go to in VR, but sadly it appears to be another one of those demos.
    Also, I would actually pay for a complete VR version of Trackmania Turbo.
     1 people found this helpful

Ubi-Alinoa's Avatar Super Moderator
    Hi

And here is also a quote from Hylis, the Ubisoft / Nadeo CEO about the VR update:

The goal is to prevent people from getting sick of trying to find the best way to not being sick: cameras & maps have then been adapted to help this. If we have said to people to find the right moment in the maps that makes them less sick, the right places where first person is really of value, then they would have to become sick to know. And of course, we know that some people can tolerate more, but it's less in the spirit of Turbo to put a motion sickness level where you would have to stop when it becomes tro much. And I hope you will appreciate nonetheless
    Original post here: https://forum.maniaplanet.com/viewto...273657#p273657

Hep8's Avatar Junior Member
    Originally Posted by Austint30 Go to original post
    ... I don't want to play a demo. ...
    And i don't want to pay for a demo...

I still hope, cause the code exist, they just have to decide to activate it...

I just bought this for VR to find the tracks are dissappointingly only 16s long.

This is ridiculous! 16 seconds per track is waaay too short and utter overkill if you were trying to avoid motion sickness.
    Plenty of others also want the full game in VR. Just provide it via a setting or command line option if you're worried about those with delicate VR stomachs.
    This should have been an amazing VR experience but instead feels like a total waste of money and time. Please fix this mistake, Ubisoft!

I just bought this for VR to find the tracks are dissappointingly only 16s long.

Originally Posted by Ubi-Alinoa Go to original post
    Hi
    And Happy New Year
    This is ridiculous! 16 seconds per track is waaay too short and utter overkill if you were trying to avoid motion sickness.
    Plenty of others also want the full game in VR. Just provide it via a setting or command line option if you're worried about those with delicate VR stomachs.
    This should have been an amazing VR experience but instead feels like a total waste of money and time. Please fix this mistake, Ubisoft!

Looks great!

Definitely looking forward to the trackmania VR