🛈 Announcement
Greetings! Far Cry forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game.

why no quick melee?

This is really baffling, and one reason I returned the game. I used my machete constantly in 3 and 4 when carrying around a sniper rifle for emergency close range use(the machete, not the sniper, though that's fun close range too.) And I know 4 is a kukri, but you get the point.

I had a bow out, and I couldn't quick melee with my knife in Primal, had to switch to a club, baffling and annoying, and got me killed a few times, as I mostly like to use ranged weapons, and the quick melee is a lifesaver.

Lysette88's Avatar Senior Member
    Did you ever look at your knife in FC Primal?-

That is basically a piece of flint attached to a handle - I could imagine this for stabbing, but when you swing it, you are likely to break it, it is not made to withstand impact from the side, it would most likely scatter, break or disconnect from the handle. When you look at your club on the other hand, this is a totally different story, it is stabilized to all sides and well embedded in it's handle. To use a knife for stabbing is eventually not good against that wildlife, which is harming you, it does not have the required penetration depth to do real harm quickly - use a spear instead, if you want to stab such a creature and dodge a jump attack of the bigger ones. It takes them a moment to turn around, there is a chance to stab them with a spear, but with a knife you have pretty much no chance.

Lysette88 is ******ed

Lysette88 "That is basically a piece of flint attached to a handle - I could imagine this for stabbing, but when you swing it, you are likely to break"

Right so stabbing through thick hide and bone armor, cutting thick skinned rhinos with ease is fine.
    But swinging at someone would break it!?

You are really ******ed lol..