@TuftyMcTavish I think it's because you can assign your gamertag to a normal XB1 controller meanwhile you can't for legacy controllers (you login to your gamertag every time you start up the game after switching the console on)..

Can someone with the new ps4 pro console that has many dlc songs (400-500 or more) report how long it takes and if it made any difference upgrading to ps4 pro?

pedietz's Avatar Senior Member
    Holy cow. This thread inspired me to tweak some things on the PC.

I had a 5 YO 100 GB SSD unused, so I plugged it back in, reformatted it, and migrated Rocksmith 2014 to it.

Wow. What a difference. Before, at the start, the main screen speakers would stutter falling to the floor, and enumerating would take about 30 secs.
    Then once enumerated the screens were snappy.

With it on the SSD, the speakers falls full speed and it takes 5 secs to enumerate.

So I have a feeling all of the Ubisoft developers and QA ppl have SSDs. And they don't realize the pain the game is when its on a slow media.

I'm sorry, this is a BS response.
    There is a DB of software for ownership for some sort of rights attribute.
    You download the software and you should get a token of ownership on the machine or account you own the software.
    The enumeration is a table comparison. On an 8086 machine with two flat file comparison, over 1000 records would still only take a couple of seconds.
    I'm not buying this. 30 minutes by today's comparison is just not acceptable.

pedietz's Avatar Senior Member
    does it enumerate faster if your connection to the internet breaks?

I'm thinking enumeration also recomputes your "mastery %" and "most played artist" kinda stats in the stats page.

Anecdotally, I'd wager this issue is dependent on CPU and HDD speed, because I built a new PC earlier this summer, and, whereas it used to take a few minutes to get through enumeration on my old PC, it doesn't even show that message now (or if it does it is gone in seconds). Same number of songs.

If that was the case, you'd think that the Xbox One would be quicker than the 360 (when initially it was far, far slower) and the X would be quicker still, but it's not.

PS4 pro here, ~600 dlc titles, takes ~5 minutes. Enough time infact to put me off playing the game half the time. The games obviously not coded in a way that would make rectifying this issue cost efficient for ubisoft, but hopefully the lessons been learnt if they bring out a new version.

toymachinesh's Avatar Senior Member
    5 minutes? That sounds like a fantasy world for Xbox One owners lol
     1 people found this helpful

My X takes around five or 6 minutes to be fair, with 1355 songs, it's certainly a massive improvement on what it used to be, we're talking literally 30 minutes!

What I've never been able to understand is how the devs say they can't replicate it, yet if you speak to any Xbox One owner with more than a handful of DLC, they all have the same issue.