1. #1

    [BUG] Orbital Warehouse

    When i take this research the number of superalloys and contruction bots go to 0. The production is still positive and the goods are produced but their total number is still 0 in evry sector and i can't build anything. When i disable the trait i have in the sector these goods, they don't get erased instead they grow as the trait wasn't there.
    Share this post

  2. #2
    The bugged effect is gone after i finished an other orbital watch invasion. It appear when they start to attack and vanish after i defeat them.
    An other side effect of this bugged trait is that after i started the upgrade of a spaceport that require super alloys it started to drain tham at a ratio like 500 per minute but the upgrade didn't start. I just switched off the trait to make it.
     1 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  3. #3

    Answer

    It's a little late, but I ran into this issue and I realized what it is. There is another tech in that same tech tree, the middle option on the second tier. It's called "cobalt alloys", if, like me, you only got to tier 5 by activating alot of different abilities at once, you would run into this problem and assume its from the global warehouse issue because its what would likely first draw ones attention to their construction material intake. When I flipped them all on, I noticed cobalt alloys was causing that issue when I turned it off. That explains why not many people have encountered it as its not a true "bug" in the software.
    Share this post

  4. #4
    ofc it's a true bug, orbital warehouse depletes all your super alloy, doesn't matter if you have cobalt alloys switched on or off
     1 people found this helpful
    Share this post

  5. #5
    Ubi-Woofer's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    2,664
    Hello everyone,

    Do you find that this bug / issue is still possible to reproduce? Would it be possible to share a sequence of screenshots - or preferably a video recording - of the issue in action, so that it may be investigated further if necessary? I'll be able to check if this behaviour is intended in any way, too.

    Originally Posted by Laxuar Go to original post
    The bugged effect is gone after i finished an other orbital watch invasion. It appear when they start to attack and vanish after i defeat them.
    An other side effect of this bugged trait is that after i started the upgrade of a spaceport that require super alloys it started to drain tham at a ratio like 500 per minute but the upgrade didn't start. I just switched off the trait to make it.
    I'm glad to hear that you were able to see the issue resolved once another orbital watch invasion was completed.

    Did disabling the skill impact your gameplay to any great degree, or was it manageable to overcome?

    Originally Posted by feralprowler Go to original post
    It's a little late, but I ran into this issue and I realized what it is. There is another tech in that same tech tree, the middle option on the second tier. It's called "cobalt alloys", if, like me, you only got to tier 5 by activating alot of different abilities at once, you would run into this problem and assume its from the global warehouse issue because its what would likely first draw ones attention to their construction material intake. When I flipped them all on, I noticed cobalt alloys was causing that issue when I turned it off. That explains why not many people have encountered it as its not a true "bug" in the software.
    Thanks for sharing your insight on this matter, feralprowler. Did you see this to have a substantial effect on your gameplay, or was it manageable by disabling the skill?
    Share this post

  6. #6
    I have noticed this bug yesterday and today as I just started playing this game last week. Not sure how it happens as I only notice it when I go to build something and realise I have 0 resources when originally I had 9999 of it. Here is what I think is necessary for it to happen:

    1. You must have orbital warehouses technology activated (you get 9999 warehouse limit).

    2. You need to trigger bug somehow. There seem to be multiple triggers but it's not always consistent I'm not sure how I triggered it. I think I triggered it once by building bridges to unlock new islands in missions. Eg. I am in map Cape Amber and I was constructing the bridge. Suddenly I notice I have no Bioplymers or Constructo Bots. I pump it back up by buying 500 of both from the world market. I see them go back up to 1000. As soon as I stop buying from world market they both rapidly drop to 0. The bridge requires Biopolymers and Constructo bots hence I assume this is the culprit for the resource drain.

    3. You can tell it's a bug because when I look at my Goods Overview there is no negative numbers for Biopolymeres or Constructo Bots. Instead I just see both resources stuck on 0. I can see production numbers but not consumption numbers, just a red consumption arrow but no number. This is not really any different to when the bug is gone but still it is poor presentation if this is intended. If something is draining the resource it should show you the rate, not display a drainage arrow but no number. I originally had 9999 of these items no way it would drain to 0 this fast. After I pumped it back up with world market and turned it off I can see it drain super fast again. Not sure how fast it is draining but must be less than 500 but I would esimate it is around 300-400. Quitting the game and reloading doesn't seem to fix it. Also when I am pumping the resource back up it seems capped at my normal warehouse limit of about 750 instead of the 9999.

    4. Otherway I can tell it's a bug is I figured out how to fix it and then noticed the difference in drainage when not bugged. To fix the bug I went into the Technology Nexus. Turned off orbital warehouse. Then turned it back on. Now you can see the drain from bridge construction when resumed is much slower. Also I can see my resources start to slowly increase again and it goes beyond 750 to 9999. I don't get the rapid drain and my resources slowly recover back to normal. Previously my resources would be stuck on 0 even when bridge upgrade was paused. Now I can see my resources increase when the bridge is paused and even when it is resumed.

    5. I have noticed this bug affect my supper alloys previously too, no doubt in a map where there was an unlock mission that used Super Alloys.

    6. I also notice another bug that may be similar. This one may actually be an intended feature rather than a bug as it is consistent and easily reproducible. Again it is when you have orbital warehouse technology active. If you go to upgarde spaceport the first time (eg. after you unlock a new sector), it will say you have plenty of resources necessary and you can click start (I had 9999) but it stays paused at 0 progress when you try to upgrade. You can fix it by transferring the resource (Super Alloy) from another one of your cities to that city first. I guess it is a feature as the spaceport cannot accept resources from orbit yet hence doesn't have access to your "orbital warehouse". However the game should show you this more clearly by warning you do not have access to the orbital warehouse yet or display your local resource amount (which would be 0) rather than your orbital warehouse amount. Instead it shows you have the resources (9999) and lets you start but won't move until you transfer resource from another city to it first (although it still just shows 9999 since you are maxed out). Hence I feel this is still sort of a bug and if not poor coding.
    Share this post

  7. #7
    Share this post

  8. #8
    Ubi-Raziel's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Join Date
    Jan 2019
    Posts
    2,980
    Originally Posted by Assassin-Arno Go to original post
    Same
    Hey!

    Can you please confirm if the suggested workaround above helped you at all?

    If the issue appears to be any different, please describe it in your own words.

    Thank you!
    Share this post

  9. #9
    Originally Posted by Ubi-Raziel Go to original post
    Hey!

    Can you please confirm if the suggested workaround above helped you at all?

    If the issue appears to be any different, please describe it in your own words.

    Thank you!

    Just when I click the technology Constructo Bots and Super Alloys become zero and nerver change. Nothing can help
    Share this post

  10. #10
    UBI-Froggard's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff EMEA
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,830
    Originally Posted by Assassin-Arno Go to original post
    Just when I click the technology Constructo Bots and Super Alloys become zero and nerver change. Nothing can help
    Have you gone through the suggested workaround?
    Share this post