This makes the game unneccessary complicated and even more counter intuitive.
    So sad. I thought, this would be a more realistic fighting game.

Originally Posted by handheld brando Go to original post
    Feints are a pretty advanced mechanic and they are both extremely rewarding and risky to use. There is such thing as too much feinting and too much feinting will get you into trouble and possibly cost you the match.

Good players will be wary of feints and will react appropriately
    So what IS the appropriate way to react to a feint? I'm having an issue in fights where even if I know the other person is going to feint, it doesn't feel like there is much I can do about it. I main conqueror and the warden/kinsei can feint in a range where I can't light attack them. If I try to parry I get hit by a quick follow up attack that they feinted into, and blocking requires me to guess in a split second which way their feint attack is going to shift to. It also leaves me open to them just feinting and guarding breaking me while I stand there.

zerker feints

For those of you interested MC-BOO has a few other videos including a 2v1 he did in a brawl with me that was literally the sexiest thing I have seen in this game.

I watched a couple of those videos and his skills are amazing! Which after the open beta where I played mostly nobushi and orochi I wanted to play the berserker but just ran out of time. where would you place the berserker against the other assassins? I love the idea of feinting from light attacks, and the harassing style of combat.

however at more skilled levels do you see the berserker having a edge because of the feinting skills and harassing style he/she has?

How is it possible to feint and then follow with a light attack so quickly?

Maybe they've changed this, but if its still possible to do so please tell me how

Like the raider in the first gif is barely done feinting and then the light attack happens. When i try to do this in practice mode it is not nearly this fast. I have to finish the feint, then the guard switches and then attack happens its a noticeable delay between steps not smooth and seamless like in the video

Originally Posted by Emme_66 Go to original post
    This makes the game unneccessary complicated and even more counter intuitive.
    So sad. I thought, this would be a more realistic fighting game.
    so how do you open up someone with good defense in a 1v1?

The new button is e for feinting

And berserker can indeed still do their dash attack.
    No they can't anymore do their dash attack from top, it automaticly land the attack on the same side you escape, be serious. You can't choose anymore the attack direction during a dash.

Originally Posted by Weedjox Go to original post
    No they can't anymore do their dash attack from top, it automaticly land the attack on the same side you escape, be serious. You can't choose anymore the attack direction during a dash.
    Damn, I was feeling bad now for do not know about the dodge to overhead. Rep8 duelist Berserker, I was almost logging in just to see that.

________

No, Berserker cannot control the attack during a dodge, it goes for the direction you dodged, and feint to dodge attack is dangerous if your enemy didn't try parry it the feint: you get parried instead. It is a good move to bait a trade, dodge and initiate a possible mixup. It is better heavy feint to light when you want try an opening.