Noob question I know...

How do you cancel a gb into an overhead heavy?

Munktor's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by Sincerity117 Go to original post
    There's a button for each platform dedicated to "Cancels".

On PS4 it's circle. I don't know how XBOX or PC, but just look for the control scheme for your platform + cancel.

Originally Posted by Munktor Go to original post
    There's a button for each platform dedicated to "Cancels".

On PS4 it's circle. I don't know how XBOX or PC, but just look for the control scheme for your platform + cancel.
    Wow okay I feel dumb now. For the longest time I thought that button only worked for feinting heavies. I thought cancelling a gb was gonna be something weird like how kensei can stop his over head UB right before he hits his target and instantly change it into a side heavy just by pivoting the right stick. Thank you for letting me know though.

I dont think that you can actually cancel a guardbreak...if you guardbreak someone just do an overhead attack, is that what you mean?

Originally Posted by KelMartigan Go to original post
    I dont think that you can actually cancel a guardbreak...if you guardbreak someone just do an overhead attack, is that what you mean?
    I believe the Shugoki can GB cancel into a heavy, I've seen it in a video. The Shugoki can GB, but before it lands, he can switch guard and do a heavy attack if he times it right. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Originally Posted by ArthurWhite01 Go to original post
    I believe the Shugoki can GB cancel into a heavy, I've seen it in a video. The Shugoki can GB, but before it lands, he can switch guard and do a heavy attack if he times it right. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    Dont know...guardbreak is something you cant really react to unless it "connects" because its fast. and I get surprised by shugoki guardbreaks sometimes and they seem even faster. I don tknow if it makes sense to actually do that. if you feint a gb into a heavy and expect the enemy to counter gb...you simply get grabbed because as long as you can feint the heavy you can be interrupted with a guardbreak afaik

kensei can stop his over head UB right before he hits his target and instantly change it into a side heavy just by pivoting the right stick.
    Umm... this isn't true.
    You have to do the soft feint very early in the animation (I think), you can't do it at the last moment and you have to input another attack, not just move the stick.

Originally Posted by daffadowndilly Go to original post
    Umm... this isn't true.
    You have to do the soft feint very early in the animation (I think), you can't do it at the last moment and you have to input another attack, not just move the stick.
    Actually you can. The 3rd strike, can be a top unblockable or a side uninterruptable. You can start into the unblockable and switch it to uninterruptable by going from top to side.