so, the partnership with Limbic is over... and what´s next? I really felt that they know about the Feeling, to Play an Might and Magic Titel. They have done so great work with MMX and MMH7... what brings the future. Ubisoft should to sell the Trademarke for a Croundfunding-Project.

It is very exhausting and frustrating not to know whether a franchise will be extended or dissolved. Especially if you put a lot of money and hope into it.

Well...it's really sad!
    Let's just hope another developer will carry on, like what happened with H6...

drwatson111's Avatar Member
    Whether the eighth part? Or does it mean that the game is completely closed?

Originally Posted by Frad1 Go to original post
    Hello, Ubi-MoshiMoshi!

Does it mean, that the UbiSoft stops development all HM&M series or it's just 7th about?
    Also, will new bugs fixed by Limbic team?

Anyway, it's so sad, we're so hope about 2nd addon
    2nd add on? The game contains some serious BUGS. I payed for this ****, and cant play with my friends, who are payed for this as well. Im so angry at this moment. It was my favourite game before being release the part 6. What kind of developers create this game? They can't find and fix the bugs? Shame!

So no more patching...How...typical Ubi...The trend started with AC Unity still plagues us. Unfinished, broken products. Useless apps and MP parts that are taken down in one-two years, tops.

And i still try to figure why Ubi bought the M&M IP and fragged it so hard. They knew that the IP is appealing to a niche and is not for everyone. Turn-based games don't sell millions or tens of millions of copies (do not forget that the RPG's were for long a TBS affair, too). So...i still don't get it.

Two Heroes games in a row with unsolved bugs. Only one RPG (which was actually worthy of the name Might and Magic and where Limbic did a good job and released it almost without bugs). A Heroes game (V, Nival) which almost bankrupt a company and another which actually led to bankrupcy (VI, Black Hole Entertainment). And none of the games were ever developed by an actual Ubi studio. Always subcontracted.

P.S.: if i recall correctly, Limbic also was the one that tried to clean up the mess that Heroes VI was. But if Ubi doesn't want to pay for the patching process, i doubt that Limbic will work for free. Or that they will be allowed to do so. And if i am blaming anyone, i blame Ubi's management. Not this forums devs (they do their job, which includes defending the company they work for), not the devs, nor the beta-testers (i know that the beta-testers are vastly ignored, though they do their job and report all the in-game problems, but the mentality is release it at the scheduled date and maybe we can patch it after). My blame lies with the upper management. Damn, i miss the times when M&M belonged to NWC.
     1 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by matouivre Go to original post
    So no more patching...How...typical Ubi...The trend started with AC Unity still plagues us. Unfinished, broken products. Useless apps and MP parts that are taken down in one-two years, tops.
    I would say that i started earlier than this. AC3 had major bugs, like falling through the ground because someone sneezed in the wrong direction, quest objectives not updating, the whole caravan system getting "stuck" and refusing to update (thus you can't make any money), and so on. Yes, I played the game fully patched.

Originally Posted by matouivre Go to original post
    And i still try to figure why Ubi bought the M&M IP and fragged it so hard. They knew that the IP is appealing to a niche and is not for everyone. Turn-based games don't sell millions or tens of millions of copies (do not forget that the RPG's were for long a TBS affair, too). So...i still don't get it.

Two Heroes games in a row with unsolved bugs. Only one RPG (which was actually worthy of the name Might and Magic and where Limbic did a good job and released it almost without bugs). A Heroes game (V, Nival) which almost bankrupt a company and another which actually led to bankrupcy (VI, Black Hole Entertainment). And none of the games were ever developed by an actual Ubi studio. Always subcontracted.
    M&M X worked well on certain machines, and not at all on certain others. While the store page claims that you can play it on a 32 bit machine, you really can't, as it breaks many things in game (including sound). On a reasonably up to date machine, running a 64 bit OS, it's fine (but I do remember there being major issues with the game for people who played in the beta/early access, and then tried to play the game once it was fully released, due to the thing blocking you from going to act 2 not getting removed).

It's hard to know where to point the blame. Limbic probably bit of more than they could chew with this project, and Ubisoft has a terrible track record when it comes to releasing terribly buggy and unfinished games. That's not exactly a match made in heaven.

I played M&M X on a PC with a dual-core CPU (E6850, which is antique, to be honest), with 4gb RAM. OS was Win7 Ultimate on 64bit (retail edition), GPU was an Nvidia GTS450ti. Would not call that a reasonably up-to-date machine. But, i recon that i never test it on an 32 bit OS. And since, my PC suffered a lot of changing.

And thanks for reminding me about Boston

You are right, Ubi's bad record is going further than i recall.

IMMORTAL_999's Avatar Banned
    I really hope that Ubisoft will find worthy of developers to replace the old team Limbic.
    Because I will not install any fan-mods on my PC by Damn knows whom.

I logged in on purpose to comment on this 'important announcement' since I rarely visit the forums since the company does not seem to listen or care about its customers.

I spent £50 to pre-order the game after much uh-ha and it turned out to be released with a variety of bugs despite not one but two test sessions (alpha and beta). Now the game costs £25 with the expansion costing roughly the same which made me wonder what is the point of having the game if this is standalone. But I love the game so much that I got a Steam voucher for my birthday and decided to use it... thankfully I was able to get a refund with my '14 days buyer's regret' clause.

I am saddened but above all disappointed by this turn of events, which I can only characterise as a betrayal and exploitation shortly after the first expansion is released. The game and its community deserve more, and respect.

There is still a variety of bugs which remain unresolved, and it is a shame that the forum staff have to put up to us moaning about it when it is the big corporate bosses making the decisions which I now realised focus exclusively on income generation.

I will not be coming back to this forum or playing the game again, and I will ensure my friends and my network of contacts are made fully aware of this 'important announcement'.

You lost a customer, and I will do everything in my power to ensure my friends and contacts do not give you any business.

I do not swear otherwise I would send you somewhere special

It was the right descision. Take caring people like anatalyan and me people with true passion for the game and give it TIME MONEY ATTENTION AND SPACE, PROMOTION.

Have the balls to not oversimplify but DEEPEN homm gameplay. Make sure it has enough content interresting design the RIGHT SCALE (just homm 6) good townscreens homm5.
    2016 production values, and the love in gameplay systems so it has time to iterate.

Ubisoft just learn this one thing. This game didn't die because of heroes of might and magic. this game died because the game was developed without attention love and sense of immersion like most of its predessesors. What is invested comes out. If its greed it will harm you.

Assemble a team of true and big artists, more gameplay programmers with VISION and AMBITION. Then nurture them with time space and money.

This game could be an AAA series if treated well. Warcraft is, just think about it. What do they INVEST?
     2 people found this helpful