🛈 Announcement
Greetings! Far Cry forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game.
    UBI-Froggard's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff EMEA
    Originally Posted by gulasch-hanuta Go to original post
    Hey Ubi-Orion,

i got the same problem, the controller is working fine wired, but not connected with bluetooth.
    I play on Uplay.

The controller is working fine in every other game.
    Which controller is it that you use?

XBOX One S controller apparently doesn’t work with FarCry Primal
    The game recognizes a new “hotplugged” controller, but proceeds to tell that “UNRECOGNIZED CONTROLLER! Your controller is not supported”

Honestly though, this is just an xinput device as any other. just bluetooth instead of USB wjy dosnt it work? Skyrim is from 2011 and has no issues at all with the One S Bluetooth Controller.
     1 people found this helpful

Ubi-Raziel's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Originally Posted by Spiral-Kamina Go to original post
    XBOX One S controller apparently doesn’t work with FarCry Primal
    The game recognizes a new “hotplugged” controller, but proceeds to tell that “UNRECOGNIZED CONTROLLER! Your controller is not supported”

Honestly though, this is just an xinput device as any other. just bluetooth instead of USB wjy dosnt it work? Skyrim is from 2011 and has no issues at all with the One S Bluetooth Controller.
    Hello!

I'm sorry to read you're also facing the same issue.

This certainly does seem to be an in-game compatible issue with the Xbox One S controller, however I'm unable to speculate why that might be.

Apologies for the inconvenience, we will continue to forward feedback to our Far Cr team so we can hope to avoid this kind of issue again.

All the best!

Gamepad xbox one S not work on far cry primal by Bluetooth

Ya estamos 2020 y hasta hoy no puedo jugar con mi mando de Xbox one S por Bluetooth, pido mi reembolso siendo un juego de hace años y sigue sin solución.

Ubi-Swaggins's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hey AlexisAV17115,

I am afraid we do not provide support over forums in Spanish.

If you require assistance and cannot speak English, please raise a ticket to our support team.

2021 and still no fix....

The controller is working just as intended in Far Cry 3 and Far Cry 4, which was released waaaay earlier than Primal. It's unacceptable you never got around to fix it, even after 5 years since release... The excuse that the xbox one s-controller was released after is just bs since it's working on prior games in the franchise. Sorry but i will most likley stop buying your games ubi since you obviously don't fix issues after launch...
     1 people found this helpful

Ubi-Litten's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Thanks for providing this additional feedback and sorry to hear you are still unable to use the Bluetooth connection with this specific controller. While I understand you have already done this could you please ensure you have fully updated your device and system drivers or if possible try connecting with a USB cable.?

I had a wired Xbox 360 controller that I used in this game, played for around 40% of it, then it broke, some buttons started to fail, so I got an Xbox One controller, can`t play this game anymore, and is basically the only game I own (Around 430 on Steam and around 40 in Uplay) that does not work, if you turn the controller before launching the game, it does nothing, if you turn it on while the game is already running shows the controller not supported display

I already used it to finish Far Cry 3 without a problem, old game than this, and I have all the drivers up to date, controller drivers, GPU, Windows, everything

Ubi-Keo's Avatar Ubisoft Support Staff
    Hi VidalukoVet,

I'm sorry to hear that you are unable to use an Xbox One controller with Far Cry Primal.

I have forwarded this feedback on again to the Far Cry team.