🛈 Announcement
Greetings! The Rocksmith forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game
    Crash to black screen on exit.

This only has been an issue since Windows 10 anniversary and persists after remastered patch.

When you exit the game normally, the game does not quit and you get stuck at a black screen and have to reboot.
    VERY annoying.
     3 people found this helpful

Game crash when I exit the game normally

Originally Posted by HMPoweredMan Go to original post

This only has been an issue since Windows 10 anniversary and persists after remastered patch.

When you exit the game normally, the game does not quit and you get stuck at a black screen and have to reboot.
    VERY annoying.
    Me too!

dm_gsxr's Avatar Senior Member
    Platform: Steam (Windows 10 Anniversary)
    Song: Dream Theater
    Mode: Learn a Song
    Detailed description of issue:

Trying to enter the Dream Theater song had it stop. I was able to return to the desktop and kill the session successfully

What you were doing before this happened:

I'd played 5 of the 6 new songs. Upon exiting the FUN. song, there was no preview music when switching songs.

Any additional details you think would be helpful:

I will note that this has happened before Remastered and generally I just exit Rocksmith and either go back in or just reboot and it doesn't happen again. It seems to be related to buying new music. My own thought in how it feels is Rocksmith already knows how many songs I have in my library and adding new songs overruns some pointer and corrupts memory somewhere. Going back in has the correct full list of songs, memory is allocated, and the system works. I haven't tried that yet though.

Carl

stray75's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by sto269 Go to original post
    Platform: Xbox 360
    Song: any
    Detailed description of issue: Software requires restart. Self determined.
    What you were doing before this happened: scrolling through my songs
    Any additional details you think would be helpful: This is a long term issue. It has happened repeatedly and for some time. It seems my system's RAM may not be able to handle the size of the library. If I scroll slowly and allow it to load album cover and snippet every 10 songs or so, it's okay. Large jumps are bad.
    I had precisely the same issue. Occurred after sorting my songs by release date and scrolling to the top...

Originally Posted by DanAmrich Go to original post
    Thanks for the clear description; we're trying to reproduce this internally. Some users have said this just goes away after a reboot, but I'm guessing you have tried that already...? We are also seeing it on PS3.
    Yeah, I tried playing again after I got home from work and everything seemed to be working correctly. Seems some people are still experiencing the problem even after a reboot. Thanks for looking into it.

Not too bothered about it, but in the Spanish localization it says the same for 2 different statistics:

Platform: PC (Steam)
    Song: -
    Mode: Statistics
    Detailed description of issue: Both Streak statistics say the same.

Platform:PS4
    Song: several
    Mode: several
    Description:
    1. When trying to select a song in Learn a song the songs keep disappearing. Resetting works temporarily then issue arises again.
    2. Resetting program ends up with screen frozen on initial Rocksmith welcome screen and will not load into the rest of the game. Have to shut the entire PS4 down to get Rocksmith to reload.
    3. Shop is not loading correctly. All packs come up with 0 songs available in each pack and newest pack is not listed.

Have tried resetting system and program several times.

This update has ruined my Rocksmith experience. It's virtually unplayable. I Can play one or two songs then DLC disappears. Resetting is useless, the game just freezes. This update should not have been released. How can I get my unremastered Rocksmith?

DanAmrich's Avatar Rocksmith Dev Team
    Hey all, quick update 24 hours after launch.

First and foremost, thank you for the clear reports of what you are experiencing. We need to be able to reproduce the same bugs on our side in order to help, so the detailed descriptions, screenshots, photos, and videos of what you are experiencing are absolutely the best way to do that. Letting us know which platform you use and where in the world you're located is also critical, as some issues might only appear on some platforms in some territories. Tawni's template for info really helps give the feedback structure and makes it easier for our teams to use.

OK, quick rundown of known issues that the team is aware of and working on, and please forgive the hot takes and my lack of formal language:

Multiple Platforms

DLC disappears when swapping between instrument paths. Reported on Xbox One, PS3 and PS4.

STATUS: We have some clues on this. We have not determined the fix, but we are getting closer. It is related to something with our online servers, so I don't anticipate the end user needing to do anything when the solution is found. It is not related to the swapping of the instrument paths, however -- that's just something that helps make the bug visible.

PS4
    Retail edition DLC download codes are not valid. Users cannot get their six free songs. Multiple reports and some CS contacts.

PC

Game won’t launch and/or user cannot connect to Ubisoft servers. Error message is sometimes vague.

STATUS: If you are redirected to a URL support.codefusion.technology, make sure you are connected to the internet while running the game after the patch is applied. There are still one or two calls out that the game software needs to make once it's updated. But investigation ongoing for this, and the support page in question is receiving an update.

STATUS 2: We have pushed an update to the game with a new additional software download (VC2010). This should alleviate the problem -- please report back if it does.

PS4
    Crash when switching arrangements.

STATUS: Only two reports, and both were kind of vague; looking for more concrete data. If you are experiencing this, please document what happens and post here.

PS3, Xbox One, PC
    Shop incorrectly shows empty DLC packs or errors in DLC packs

STATUS: This is related to our metadata file, which our QA ninja is currently amending. Picture a plate of spaghetti, where it's all one strand and lasts for 900 songs. You will see anaomalies in your song lists until that noodle is detangled. When it's fixed, you won't have to do anything to make it behave -- it's server-side.

PS3

Game freezes upon selecting Play Song.

STATUS: Multiple reports of this, but we cannot replicate it and we need more details. It's clearly happening, but knowing what USB peripherals are being used and what PS3 model & firmware are in play would be helpful.

Mac

Uplay login fails repeatedly.

STATUS: Investigating this one. Thanks for the ongoing discussion. In the meantime, you can hit Escape and play the game as normal without logging into Ubisoft Club.

I may have forgotten something else that's been reported, but we are continuing to monitor this thread and as many other channels as we humanly can. Please, continue to post detailed descriptions of what you see -- it's a tremendous help and takes the guesswork out of the process for us.

Dan
     1 people found this helpful

DanAmrich's Avatar Rocksmith Dev Team
    Hey all, quick update 24 hours after launch.

First and foremost, thank you for the clear reports of what you are experiencing. We need to be able to reproduce the same bugs on our side in order to help, so the detailed descriptions, screenshots, photos, and videos of what you are experiencing are absolutely the best way to do that. Letting us know which platform you use and where in the world you're located is also critical, as some issues might only appear on some platforms in some territories. Tawni's template for info really helps give the feedback structure and makes it easier for our teams to use.

OK, quick rundown of known issues that the team is aware of and working on, and please forgive the hot takes and my lack of formal language:

Multiple Platforms

DLC disappears when swapping between instrument paths. Reported on Xbox One, PS3 and PS4.

STATUS: We have some clues on this. We have not determined the fix, but we are getting closer. It is related to something with our online servers, so I don't anticipate the end user needing to do anything when the solution is found. It is not related to the swapping of the instrument paths, however -- that's just something that helps make the bug visible.

PS4
    Retail edition DLC download codes are not valid. Users cannot get their six free songs. Multiple reports and some CS contacts.

PC

Game won’t launch and/or user cannot connect to Ubisoft servers. Error message is sometimes vague.

STATUS: If you are redirected to a URL support.codefusion.technology, make sure you are connected to the internet while running the game after the patch is applied. There are still one or two calls out that the game software needs to make once it's updated. But investigation ongoing for this, and the support page in question is receiving an update.

STATUS 2: We have pushed an update to the game with a new additional software download (VC2010). This should alleviate the problem -- please report back if it does.

PS4
    Crash when switching arrangements.

STATUS: Only two reports, and both were kind of vague; looking for more concrete data. If you are experiencing this, please document what happens and post here.

PS3, Xbox One, PC
    Shop incorrectly shows empty DLC packs or errors in DLC packs

STATUS: This is related to our metadata file, which our QA ninja is currently amending. Picture a plate of spaghetti, where it's all one strand and lasts for 900 songs. You will see anaomalies in your song lists until that noodle is detangled. When it's fixed, you won't have to do anything to make it behave -- it's server-side.

PS3

Game freezes upon selecting Play Song.

STATUS: Multiple reports of this, but we cannot replicate it and we need more details. It's clearly happening, but knowing what USB peripherals are being used and what PS3 model & firmware are in play would be helpful.

Mac

Uplay login fails repeatedly.

STATUS: Investigating this one. Thanks for the ongoing discussion. In the meantime, you can hit Escape and play the game as normal without logging into Ubisoft Club.

I may have forgotten something else that's been reported, but we are continuing to monitor this thread and as many other channels as we humanly can. Please, continue to post detailed descriptions of what you see -- it's a tremendous help and takes the guesswork out of the process for us.

Dan

Originally Posted by HMPoweredMan Go to original post

VERY annoying.
    Same here. Came to check on the forum if it's just me. Apparently not. Would appreciate a fix though.
    Just for the completion of things:
    Platform: PC
    Song: N.A.
    Mode: N.A.
    Detailed description of issue: Game crashes entire system when exiting the game.
    What you were doing before this happened: Playing Rocksmith and trying to exit the game.
    Any additional details you think would be helpful: Running Windows 10 with all the latest updates

Losing place in list

Platform: PC/Steam
    Song: Any
    Detailed description of issue: Sort song list. 2. Play a song 3. After completing, exit the song to return to the list. 4. Player is taken back to the top of the list rather than the song they just played.
    What you were doing before this happened: Playing a song.
    Any additional details you think would be helpful: I was able to duplicate the issue with all songs I played (4-5) I do not know if they were dlc or not. I use a Logitech G13 to navigate through the game instead of a keyboard.

Obviously a minor issue, but...