daddy_felix's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by DanAmrich Go to original post
    there's another step you can take that might help us: In your rocksmith.ini set DumpAudioLog=1
    with other devices disabled or enabled?

DanAmrich's Avatar Rocksmith Dev Team
    Originally Posted by daddy_felix Go to original post
    with other devices disabled or enabled?
    Both if possible, but enabled would likely show us more relevant info. Thank you!

Have an Xbox 360, Rocksmith Remastered, just did update and it won't work!!!! I can't recalibrate because there is next to no sound coming from my bass or guitar so the game can't hear it. I can play the song and hit the notes, so it does recognize the instrument, but just no sound. Really applaud RS for this patch as it has been LONG overdue, but a real bummer it doesn't work yet. I know you are doing all you can as quickly as you can, but please hurry. If there is a link or thread I missed addressing this, please point me in that direction. Thanks Dan for all you do, and all the grief you take.

daddy_felix's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by DanAmrich Go to original post
    Both if possible, but enabled would likely show us more relevant info. Thank you!
    just sent you three logs:
    * one cable connected, not detectable
    * two cables connected, only one detectable
    * two cables connected, both working

hope that helps!

AtreidesGhola's Avatar Member
    So - I didn't see this problem in this thread, though I didn't read through all 50 pages of it:

Platform: PC
    Song: NA
    Mode: Calibration
    What I was doing: Calibrating

After the update to the calibration logic, I can no longer complete calibration because my guitars are obviously not loud enough. It gets right up to where the blue line proceeds across the top of the screen, but I can't strum hard enough to keep it engaged until calibration is complete.Yes, the volume on my pickups is maxed.

I've done this with three guitars now - a Les Paul Classic with stock pickups ('57 classic and hot super '57); an American Strat with Dimarzio PAF and Super Distortion in the neck and bridge pickups respectively and a stock Strat pickup in the middle position; and a Dave Murray Signature Strat with Seymour Duncan Hot Rails in the neck and bridge, and a Seymour Duncan Mini JB in the middle. I've attempted to use 4 different RT cables.

The pickups in these instruments provide plenty of output. On the LP Classic, I have to have the volume boost (15dB output increase)switch engaged for ANY sound to register in the game. I became alarmed at how hard I had to hit the strings to try to complete calibration. I've been playing for 30 years now, and have no qualms about subjecting my instruments to some good 'ol Rock 'n Roll abuse. When you get scared about how hard you have to play on a Les Paul, something's definitely wrong.

All of my CPU's audio drivers are up to date (I have a Sound Blaster ZxR setup for editing, home theater, etc - and have never had a RS related problem using them). Adjusting the decibel input in-game makes no difference whatsoever - and is something I'd prefer not to use since it distorts the output quality. Note - I'm not having the same cable detection issues that others are having - the game still works, but I am completely unable to calibrate, and note detection is suffering for it, especially if I change instruments.

So, what's up with this?

EDIT: Looks like FragDaddy34 is having a similar problem.

Platform - 360
    Mode - Score Attack
    Song - Any

There is a significant delay when trying to move between menu items since the patch. I understand some loading delay when selecting a menu or backing up a menu, or even the delay before being able to manipulate the pause menu during songs (which seems to be design - undesirable, in my opinion, but not a bug.) This is when selecting difficulty or a new path - It takes half a second after moving from Easy to Medium before the game will let me move from Medium to Hard, and so on down the list. Previously, you could spam a direction and it would move quickly. Song selection doesn't seem to be affected, I can still scroll through fast enough to get a "storage device missing, game must restart" error.

Originally Posted by daddy_felix Go to original post
    just sent you three logs!
    Received--thanks!

Originally Posted by AtreidesGhola Go to original post

Platform: PC
    Song: NA
    Mode: Calibration
    What I was doing: Calibrating

So, what's up with this?

EDIT: Looks like FragDaddy34 is having a similar problem.
    Yep, and seeing a few other reports of this here and there in other spaces. Seeking details and have reported the first few instances to the team. Thanks.

AtreidesGhola's Avatar Member
    Thanks Dan.

Something funny: I just tested it with my Taylor 114e. It calibrated with the Expression System 2 pickups no problem. Plugged in the LP, same deal, until I really beat on the strings, and just barely managed to calibrate. Was able to do the same with both Strats.

I noticed that it dropped below threshold when calibrating about in rhythm with my strumming. Is the calibration software sensitive enough to drop out during the switch from strumming down to strumming up? Maybe the acoustic's resonance is loud enough to sustain detection? For all three electrics, I strummed directly over the bridge pickup and kept my hand motion confined to the width of the pickup. And I had to strum HARD. I thought I was going to snap the low E on the LP.

All conjecture, of course.

Tuning

As others have reported, i'm unable to have a successful tune on my Ibanez Active GSR400. I spent 90 minutes last night skipping the tuning on each song during my non-stop session on the XBOX 360. I tried tuning the same bass on my PC and am unable to do so as well and had further issues with the Real-tone Cable not being recognized. I don't know what occurred with this last update, but it's made for a frustrating experience.