🛈 Announcement
Greetings! The Rocksmith forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game

Rocksmith 2014 Remastered Wishlist

I just learned there's going to be a new Rocksmith 2014 edition. I don't know if these features are going to make it into the "new"game, but here's my wishlist nevertheless:

1. Support for extended range instruments!!!

2. A better Rocksmith cable

3. Whole album DLC's - Long shot, but one can hope!

4. Better stat tracking; a way to know visually which part of the song you made the mistake.

5. A METRONOME. I'd like a band in Session mode that gives you a constant beat. Session mode was fun for like a few minutes, then it gets old. I'd like a beat I can improvise over, not the other way around.

6. Keep up the DLC's!!! Keep giving us cool songs and we'll keep buying them.

Anyone else have any other new features they want to have in the new edition?
    Cheers!

demizach1's Avatar Member
    A) There's already a post clearly explaining what features will be included in Rocksmith 2014 Remastered. (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...d-Official-FAQ). I believe the only thing on your list in there is stats, but perhaps not in the way you'd imagined.

B) You can already accomplish #5 on your list. Session mode has a metronome. Turn off "Tempo Slew" and the BPMs will not change (with a metronome, or without).
     1 people found this helpful

They aren't likely to add any instrumentation updates with the current game, maybe when their next iteration comes out, but I would assume it would be unlikely since anything other than a 6 string guitar or 4 string bass would be considered too niche for them to have enough sales to justify releasing anything other than the standard setup.

Sorry, I just realized this forum isn't the proper one for posting after I clicked the post thread button. I just read the FAQ, and I'm somewhat disappointed.
    I just want the beat to not stop when I pause my playing, and turning off tempo slew doesn't solve that. Thanks about the metronome though, I didn't realize there was one in the game (or completely ignored it).

Couldn't they support at least 5-string basses?

I think the ability to choose the lead and rhythm blocks you want to play would be great. There are some songs where the solo's are insane, but the lead parts are really fun to play.

I'm looking forward to the Remastered version. Just don't use this thread to request new DLC - you might get a stern talking-to.

Rocksmith remastered is just a glorified UI update. They didn't hire the programmers to do anything technical. Don't expect much.

kidmeatball's Avatar Senior Member
    Or you can expect what they told us will be in it. Its up to you.

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...d-Official-FAQ

DanAmrich's Avatar Rocksmith Dev Team
    Originally Posted by HMPoweredMan Go to original post
    Rocksmith remastered is just a glorified UI update. They didn't hire the programmers to do anything technical. Don't expect much.
    What's your source on that? I'm guessing it was not the programmers we hired.

This has been in the works for several months and the changes we made are not merely cosmetic. There were some parts of the code we could not realistically touch, but the rest was rather surgical -- there was quite a bit of programming involved, and some very careful changes and enhancements. Along the way there were bugs that needed to be squashed, as with any software development undertaking. So, quite the opposite of your statement -- there have been real programmers doing real programming on this for the better part of 2016.

How did you come to this conclusion, and what motivated you to state your incorrect assumption as fact?

Originally Posted by HMPoweredMan Go to original post
    What's your source on that? I'm guessing it was not the programmers we hired.

This has been in the works for several months and the changes we made are not merely cosmetic. There were some parts of the code we could not realistically touch, but the rest was rather surgical -- there was quite a bit of programming involved, and some very careful changes and enhancements. Along the way there were bugs that needed to be squashed, as with any software development undertaking. So, quite the opposite of your statement -- there have been real programmers doing real programming on this for the better part of 2016.

How did you come to this conclusion, and what motivated you to state your incorrect assumption as fact?

Originally Posted by MaTtY--h Go to original post
    They aren't likely to add any instrumentation updates with the current game, maybe when their next iteration comes out, but I would assume it would be unlikely since anything other than a 6 string guitar or 4 string bass would be considered too niche for them to have enough sales to justify releasing anything other than the standard setup.
    This is part of it. Our software -- at least in its current iteration -- is aimed at beginning players, and 7-string guitars are advanced instruments for advanced players. To support these instruments would require significant changes to not only how the interface works on screen, but also how we build the notetracks. It's something we will consider if and when we get the chance to make a new installment, but even then, it's going to require some market research and data about how people have been using RS up to that point.

Originally Posted by MaTtY--h Go to original post
    This is part of it. Our software -- at least in its current iteration -- is aimed at beginning players, and 7-string guitars are advanced instruments for advanced players. To support these instruments would require significant changes to not only how the interface works on screen, but also how we build the notetracks. It's something we will consider if and when we get the chance to make a new installment, but even then, it's going to require some market research and data about how people have been using RS up to that point.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... Last ►►