The_Working_Man's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by thoman23 Go to original post
    In this analogy, I get home and watch the recorded sporting event from the beginning on my DVR, but the broadcast blurs out the scoring events so as not to spoil the final score for me.
    Lol

1 people found this post helpful (but were viewing it on their phone)

Originally Posted by DanAmrich Go to original post
    Ours is not to question why -- you're A asking B to explain the behaviors of C. But the spoiler tags are useful when people are trying to figure it out but have joined the thread late; they want to see what people are figuring out but they want to see if they can figure it out for themselves along with it. It's like when people record sporting events on their DVR and don't want friends to spoil the outcome of the game; they want to go on the journey for themselves. I think that's a reasonable thing to offer them, and I do appreciate the courtesy of the spoiler tags.

Yes, 4-pack of Misfits, in honor of the reunion they said would never happen (they're playing their second show this weekend at Riot Fest in Chicago, having already played in Denver). You could say "Halloween" comes early this year.

Dan
    I will be there, I am 1 of the 2 trucks for the Misfits. Can I say "I Love my Job"

Originally Posted by toymachinesh Go to original post
    Because you are guessing within the framework of an established premise or artist, therefore the guessing is within reason.
    Maybe for a single artist pack, but for a genre or decade-themed pack?

toymachinesh's Avatar Senior Member
    Yeah, at least it's an established theme as opposed to "why isn't Pink Floyd in the game yet?"

RollingStone222's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by The_Working_Man Go to original post
    Nnnnnnnnnope.

If i read all the posts first then the puzzle answer would have been spoiled, wouldn't it?

Was there a reveal on why the puzzle elements were chosen as they were. I gather that the letters were a quote from a book or something that shared the title with a Misfit song, but why little men and that flamey background?
    The quote in the puzzle was referencing "The Crimson Ghost" which was a film serial in the 1940's and is where the Misfits' logo is taken from (see toy's post on page 2). The little men are Danzig Men code, uh, I mean Dancing Men code. The background is taken from here:

2 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by RollingStone222 Go to original post
    The quote in the puzzle was referencing "The Crimson Ghost" which was a film serial in the 1940's and is where the Misfits' logo is taken from (see toy's post on page 2). The little men are Danzig Men code, uh, I mean Dancing Men code. The background is taken from here:

That's a great detail. Nicely crafted. Good puzzle!

The Misfits ?, great add.

I'd be happy with just Die, Die My Darling.

So, out of the September Newsletter :

A refused return --> Fleetwood Mack

Some deviants --> The Misfits

The passage of time --> TBD

Danny-Ramone's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by thoman23 Go to original post
    <snip> I just think it's kind of silly and makes the phone experience a little annoying.
    It's definitely not phones per se. Spoiler tags work fine for me on my (android) phone. Mind you, I do request the desktop site. This site has bigger problems than spoiler tags when viewed in the 'mobile friendly' version.

Originally Posted by The_Working_Man Go to original post
    Lol

1 people found this post helpful (but were viewing it on their phone)

Misfits? Really? Wow, my Saudi roommates are gonna hate me (but I don't care!!!!!)

Second, for the individual that requested Halloween, I second that request!!! Makes me feel like I am in high school again!!!!

And finally, I know I mentioned this a few months ago, but for an American sitting in Saudi Arabia, this post is something I definitely look forward to on Fridays. Good to see some of the senior members getting in on the game. Clues the last few weeks have been killer, at least for a guy who drinks too much Keep up the great work and the killer packs you guys keep putting out. Great help for those of us who are still learning
     1 people found this helpful

I agree about the spoiler tags, it doesn't make sense and is annoying when on a phone. If you want to solve the puzzle by yourself stick to the first post of the thread.

As for the misfits I have always heard of them but never gave them a listen. I just jumped on YouTube to have a listen and like what I hear, I'm hoping for the song Helena as it reminds me of clean my wounds by corrosion of conformity.
     1 people found this helpful