Originally Posted by toymachinesh Go to original post
    Because you are guessing within the framework of an established premise or artist, therefore the guessing is within reason.
    ... and it gives people without an extensive knowledge of the band's catalog some starting points for exploring their sound and popular/interesting songs.

(works better for an artist pack than a mix/variety pack, of course)

Outside of that, random unsupported guesses or wish-requests prior to the solve distract from the goal, and waste time and effort by creating noise and cross-talk. After the solve, it becomes a loosely-directed discussion that helps build anticipation.

Chad_Muska's Avatar Member
    Originally Posted by ghmorello Go to original post
    Prediction:

Halloween (Confirmed by Dan)
    Last Caress
    Die, Die My Darling
    Dig Up Her Bones
    Yes! Please!
     1 people found this helpful

I like this Premier Guitar Rig Rundown with Doyle:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFTd_Q45xX0

Talks about how he built his guitar, how he started at 15 with 2 chords and one string (NSFW language, as expected). Kind of inspiring, though, in his own way:

"You know what I know? I know the songs I play, maybe 3 Ramones songs, 2 Iggy Pop songs, and the Smoke on the Water riff. Just the riff. And that's all I know."

"You don't have to be a great musician. You have to have great songs. I was lucky enough to play on great songs. I suck. I don't know f'in anything, man. You know what I mean? I'm embarrassed to just play in front of anybody... unless I'm out there playing those songs."

I do miss the weekly guess of Moody Blues. That made me giggle every week.

thoman23's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by DanAmrich Go to original post
    Ours is not to question why -- you're A asking B to explain the behaviors of C. But the spoiler tags are useful when people are trying to figure it out but have joined the thread late; they want to see what people are figuring out but they want to see if they can figure it out for themselves along with it. It's like when people record sporting events on their DVR and don't want friends to spoil the outcome of the game; they want to go on the journey for themselves. I think that's a reasonable thing to offer them, and I do appreciate the courtesy of the spoiler tags

Dan
    In this analogy, I get home and watch the recorded sporting event from the beginning on my DVR, but the broadcast blurs out the scoring events so as not to spoil the final score for me.

I will drop it. It is definitely not a big deal. I just think it's kind of silly and makes the phone experience a little annoying.

The_Working_Man's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by ghmorello Go to original post
    Did you not read all our posts?
    Nnnnnnnnnope.

If i read all the posts first then the puzzle answer would have been spoiled, wouldn't it?

Was there a reveal on why the puzzle elements were chosen as they were. I gather that the letters were a quote from a book or something that shared the title with a Misfit song, but why little men and that flamey background?
     1 people found this helpful

chris60119's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by DanAmrich Go to original post
    Ours is not to question why -- you're A asking B to explain the behaviors of C. But the spoiler tags are useful when people are trying to figure it out but have joined the thread late; they want to see what people are figuring out but they want to see if they can figure it out for themselves along with it. It's like when people record sporting events on their DVR and don't want friends to spoil the outcome of the game; they want to go on the journey for themselves. I think that's a reasonable thing to offer them, and I do appreciate the courtesy of the spoiler tags.

Yes, 4-pack of Misfits, in honor of the reunion they said would never happen (they're playing their second show this weekend at Riot Fest in Chicago, having already played in Denver). You could say "Halloween" comes early this year.

Dan
    Does anyone here actually do this? Come in late an want to figure out the puzzle by themselves?

toymachinesh's Avatar Senior Member
    As evidenced by posts in the past, yes.

Bad Religion and now the Misfits? Please stop releasing my favorite bands...I need time to sleep and go to work!
    Just kidding. Super excited. Thanks RS team!

Originally Posted by chris60119 Go to original post
    Does anyone here actually do this? Come in late an want to figure out the puzzle by themselves?
    I only come to see what the dlc is, I mean the dlc is what draws us all here, not the awesome puzzles. Puzzlesmith.