Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag Cloud Save?

Hello guys,

In 2014/15 I played ACIV on my PC, i had a save with 100% completion and Uplay cloud save was enabled.
    Now recently, i did a clean install of Windows 10, now im trying to reinstall ACIV, and it appears that all of my progress is gone. No save or anything.

Could anyone give me more information on how/why this happened and if it is possible to once again retrieve it?

EDIT: AC Initiates still seems to show that there is a 100% completion on AC IV. Yet there is no save game to be found.
     1 people found this helpful

Black_Widow9's Avatar Community Representative
    Hello and welcome to the Forums,

Please take a look here and if you still need help, contact Ubisoft Support directly.
    UPLAY PC CLOUD SAVE FUNCTIONALITY

Thanks

Locopells's Avatar Moderator
    What those links don't say, is that Cloud Saving was disabled for ACIV due to issues with it randomly wiping people's saves.

Unless you have access to the old save files, it's gone for good, I'm afraid.

Thanks to strigoi1958 for the sig!

Happened me twice, completed game in %100 sync one year ago and after six months I changed it to another computer because first computer couldn't open multiplayer (don't know why). There wasn't any single player record in game so I completed whole game in %100 sync again because I wanted to take multiplayer titles. And now I reinstall the game because I bought season pass for Freedom Cry DLC and there isn't any single player game save again! (I did reset to computer before install it so there isn't local save anyway.)

I wrote the issue to Ubisoft Support yesterday but they probably can't change anything so in short, welcome to losers club mate!

Wrote a message to Ubisoft Support too a few months ago, they said that they could not solve the problem because the cloud saving for AC4 has been disabled. Meaning you should use an external software for AC4 saves. I recommend Razer Cortex. It uses services like DropBox, OneDrive and Google Drive for game saves.
     1 people found this helpful

Cloud Sync still disabled for Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag in 2021... How hard is it for your coders to code something up anew from scratch just for it to never have bugs again? I mean PSN works like a charm, never gets corrupted if the player doesn't do some stupid **** or gets a game crash but there's mostly a way to retreive it. Please, make cloud sync great again (for all your ubisoft games, and forever, without ending the cloud sync support for older games ever) Thanks.

And to add my experience on the subject, I have IV black flag, bought it and installed it on my pc through ubisoft connect store, played a bit of single player and when I did a couple of main missions in Havana I stopped and started collecting everything in there, so I did. I went and bought the new Animus pack for 109€ because it's about 80% off on almost all ac games and I liked the ac games so far so i went for it. when i did that, i immediately got another ac iv black flag icon in "games" but this time it says "gold edition" below it, so i let it download the additional gigs of dlc's. then, i started the gold edition, and in the save files it said corrupt save file or similar. then i closed it and went back to the ordinary ac3, all the dlc's were installed on that one too at this point, and the save file was normal and working as intended. then i went back to the gold edition and deleted the corrupted one... MISTAKE! Little did I know, all the data, game data, and the save files too are linked to the same folder for some reason (if i was a coder i would suggest keeping the save files separate just in case), and yes that one save file was gone. then on a forum i read that if i deleted it, there's a folder named 437 inside of C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegames\(random code)\ I went to the savegames folder and then random code folder but there was no folder named 437 and on the forum someone said if there's no number 437 that I can kiss goodbye to my save file unless I kept a copy somewhere else too. So, there it's my story bros. sad.

And to add my experience on the subject, I have IV black flag, bought it and installed it on my pc through ubisoft connect store, played a bit of single player and when I did a couple of main missions in Havana I stopped and started collecting everything in there, so I did. I went and bought the new Animus pack for 109€ because it's about 80% off on almost all ac games and I liked the ac games so far so i went for it. when i did that, i immediately got another ac iv black flag icon in "games" but this time it says "gold edition" below it, so i let it download the additional gigs of dlc's. then, i started the gold edition, and in the save files it said corrupt save file or similar. then i closed it and went back to the ordinary ac IV, all the dlc's were installed on that one too at this point, and the save file was normal and working as intended. then i went back to the gold edition and deleted the corrupted one... MISTAKE! Little did I know, all the data, game data, and the save files too are linked to the same folder for some reason (if i was a coder i would suggest keeping the save files separate just in case), and yes that one save file was gone. then on a forum i read that if i deleted it, there's a folder named 437 inside of C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegames\(random code)\ I went to the savegames folder and then random code folder but there was no folder named 437 and on the forum someone said if there's no number 437 that I can kiss goodbye to my save file unless I kept a copy somewhere else too. So, there it's my story bros. sad.

Pretty old thread you're replying to haha. But yeah 5 years later and this still hasn't been fixed. Which is very unfortunate because Ubisoft doesn't have an article of support page regarding the disabled autosave feature. For now I'd recommend you to keep a backup of your save file using a cloud service like OneDrive, Google Drive etc. or additional software like Game Save Manager or GoG Galaxy.
    Knowing Ubisoft, don't expect a patch anytime soon, probably never.