1. #1

    The Spectator Mode shown at PAX

    There's been a few threads on the idea of a spectator or theatre mode in the game. If anyone watched the PAX live stream you would notice that the matches were being sort of "cast" by a host and dev in a spectator mode where they could change which character the camera was following. UI seemed to be same as if you were the one playing.

    Overall I just wanna shout out to the devs for having some way to watch others play the game, because good sword combat is a spectator sport. Hopefully we can watch random battles somehow. Or our friends/replays, etc.
    Share this post

  2. #2
    PowerSenpai's Avatar Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    233
    Originally Posted by Pallbearer7 Go to original post
    There's been a few threads on the idea of a spectator or theatre mode in the game. If anyone watched the PAX live stream you would notice that the matches were being sort of "cast" by a host and dev in a spectator mode where they could change which character the camera was following. UI seemed to be same as if you were the one playing.

    Overall I just wanna shout out to the devs for having some way to watch others play the game, because good sword combat is a spectator sport. Hopefully we can watch random battles somehow. Or our friends/replays, etc.
    Nice, i would love for it to be able for people to set up their own little tournaments using spectator mode and private matches!
    Share this post

  3. #3
    MathiasCB's Avatar Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    439
    Originally Posted by PowerSenpai Go to original post
    Nice, i would love for it to be able for people to set up their own little tournaments using spectator mode and private matches!
    THIS!

    I do believe that they just showed us footage from their screens rather than having some actual spectator mode.
    Spec mode would be great, imagine if you would be able to spectate one of the ''big players'' and just Watch him/her fight and learn more about the character they're playing. Would be a great tool for Learning and great tool for Entertainment.

    This idea would also require an option to allow or deny access for people to spec you ingame, as some people would rather just stream with twitch.


    EDIT: Replays should also be in there so you could rewatch and see what you did wrong/right and could have done better.
    Share this post

  4. #4
    In a perfect world this would be awesome....
    sadly, if there wasnt a budget allocated to this by now than it either wont be done or it will come on the expanse of something else, so i guess it shouldnt be be a top priority :\

    but i agree that being able to watch matches could be awesome. unlike watching shooters, where i dont find enjoyment it watching others play MP, in FH i really loved watching all the footage out so far. especially the pax event since these players were far more "professional" and fought well. if i decide on a team i favor than even fight is tense. every time a warrior on my favorite team is facing another player in a 1v1 stand off it's exciting like no other game that i've seen. UBI has the budget and manpower to make such impressive graphics and animations and deep well thought mechanics that every duel is so much fun to watch.
    i just hope there arent any imbalances that would make fights "cheap" by having one character too strong or a certain combo of moves too OP.
    Share this post

  5. #5
    Originally Posted by MathiasCB Go to original post
    I do believe that they just showed us footage from their screens rather than having some actual spectator mode.
    Ouch! I am just now realizing you may be right. It did seem like you were just watching the regular game view, so now that you mention it, that's most likely what that was. Now I'm worried again ):
    Share this post

  6. #6
    handheld brando's Avatar Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    California
    Posts
    504
    The footage they showed us was from them capturing the screens of the players. They switched cameras. for players.
    Share this post

  7. #7
    MathiasCB's Avatar Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Sweden
    Posts
    439
    Originally Posted by Pallbearer7 Go to original post
    Ouch! I am just now realizing you may be right. It did seem like you were just watching the regular game view, so now that you mention it, that's most likely what that was. Now I'm worried again ):
    If we scream and shout loudly enough they might give us what we want.
    Share this post