🛈 Announcement
Greetings! The Rocksmith forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game
    The_Working_Man's Avatar Senior Member
    I'd like to see a global setting for each profile to set a default starting difficulty for new songs in LAS.

So, an intermediate player might want to start at 30% the first time they play a new song, or an advanced player might set 90% as their starting default instead of having to play up from zero (or change each song manually in RR) every time.

Edit: that seems like it could be simple enough to be surgically implanted into the existing code.

chris60119's Avatar Senior Member
    I wish we could play online together with friends. I'd love to be able to play with my nephew in FL.

Originally Posted by DanAmrich Go to original post
    This is part of it. Our software -- at least in its current iteration -- is aimed at beginning players, and 7-string guitars are advanced instruments for advanced players. To support these instruments would require significant changes to not only how the interface works on screen, but also how we build the notetracks. It's something we will consider if and when we get the chance to make a new installment, but even then, it's going to require some market research and data about how people have been using RS up to that point.
    Skip the 5 string bass and go right to the 6 string fretless!

I'd love to be able to unlock items that I can customize my game studio, I'm talking about the screen with the amp, rug, etc.. Would be fun to unlock stuff to change that room around. New rugs, some lava lamps for on top of the amp, posters, tie-dyes tapestries, plants, etc.. The list can go on forever. IDK just something fun. Would be cool if you could also play the game over that room too instead of a venue all the time. Maybe I don't want a bunch of screaming fans and just want to jam at home with my cat!

DanAmrich's Avatar Rocksmith Dev Team
    Originally Posted by Apophis1975 Go to original post
    1. Support for extended range instruments!!!
    Not in the works, sorry.

2. A better Rocksmith cable
    The cable works fine; make sure you are taking care of it properly. Don't step on it, don't leave it plugged in when you aren't using the guitar, coil it properly. We have cables here that we use daily that have lasted us literally years -- RS1 era stuff. Faulty cables are replaced under warranty -- contact Ubisoft Support to see if you're eligible -- but with proper care, they do last.

3. Whole album DLC's - Long shot, but one can hope!
    Not in the plans. We are dedicated to offering a variety, and doing a full album is a bit of a gamble -- but if we see songs from an album perform well in sales, then we can go back and ask for more, once we have a sense that people might want more from it.

4. Better stat tracking
    Stats are coming and we showed a few screenshots on yesterday's livestream.

a way to know visually which part of the song you made the mistake.
    This is already in Riff Repeater; when you repeat a phrase, a small exclamation point will appear on any notes that you missed the previous time around. So this will remain in Remastered; we're not removing the functionality that exists.

5. A METRONOME. I'd like a band in Session mode that gives you a constant beat. Session mode was fun for like a few minutes, then it gets old. I'd like a beat I can improvise over, not the other way around.
    This is already an instrument in Session Mode -- in fact, there are three to choose from. It's under Misc and can be selected in the third slot.

6. Keep up the DLC's!!! Keep giving us cool songs and we'll keep buying them.
    This, we plan to do.

Originally Posted by Apophis1975 Go to original post
    1. Support for extended range instruments!!!
    Not in the works, sorry.

2. A better Rocksmith cable
    The cable works fine; make sure you are taking care of it properly. Don't step on it, don't leave it plugged in when you aren't using the guitar, coil it properly. We have cables here that we use daily that have lasted us literally years -- RS1 era stuff. Faulty cables are replaced under warranty -- contact Ubisoft Support to see if you're eligible -- but with proper care, they do last.

3. Whole album DLC's - Long shot, but one can hope!
    Not in the plans. We are dedicated to offering a variety, and doing a full album is a bit of a gamble -- but if we see songs from an album perform well in sales, then we can go back and ask for more, once we have a sense that people might want more from it.

4. Better stat tracking
    Stats are coming and we showed a few screenshots on yesterday's livestream.

a way to know visually which part of the song you made the mistake.
    This is already in Riff Repeater; when you repeat a phrase, a small exclamation point will appear on any notes that you missed the previous time around. So this will remain in Remastered; we're not removing the functionality that exists.

5. A METRONOME. I'd like a band in Session mode that gives you a constant beat. Session mode was fun for like a few minutes, then it gets old. I'd like a beat I can improvise over, not the other way around.
    This is already an instrument in Session Mode -- in fact, there are three to choose from. It's under Misc and can be selected in the third slot.

6. Keep up the DLC's!!! Keep giving us cool songs and we'll keep buying them.
    This, we plan to do.

ghmorello's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by HMPoweredMan Go to original post
    Rocksmith remastered is just a glorified UI update. They didn't hire the programmers to do anything technical. Don't expect much.
    What a dumb and annoying accusation. You don't know anything about this, do you?

I understand, it's not going to be in the version or anything, but I thought I'd pitch in on the 5-string bass thing. I'd appreciate even a minimal support: there is a checkbox "5-string bass" that makes all the 4th string notes appear as yellow, 3rd as blue and so on. So when the guitar is tuned B standard and I play E standard songs, I check this box. But if I tune to C standard with 5th string being C (or switch to lead for that matter) I can uncheck the option and 4th string will still be yellow. I don't know if it's the same for others, but I've got used to red being the "topmost" string and then was kinda confused after buying a 5-string bass... and now I find it hard to switch to lead or use the 5th string of the bass, because I'm already used to red being the second "topmost" string.

Originally Posted by chris60119 Go to original post
    I wish we could play online together with friends. I'd love to be able to play with my nephew in FL.
    We've mentioned this a few times on the stream, but this is impossible because of internet latency. This is literally a limiation of physics -- how fast data can travel between two points. This really has nothing to do with Rocksmith's software, and it will require a massive technology breakthrough to make real-time interactive music collaboration possible over long distances.

Originally Posted by chris60119 Go to original post
    We've mentioned this a few times on the stream, but this is impossible because of internet latency. This is literally a limiation of physics -- how fast data can travel between two points. This really has nothing to do with Rocksmith's software, and it will require a massive technology breakthrough to make real-time interactive music collaboration possible over long distances.

Originally Posted by Muharred Go to original post
    I understand, it's not going to be in the version or anything, but I thought I'd pitch in on the 5-string bass thing. I'd appreciate even a minimal support: there is a checkbox "5-string bass" that makes all the 4th string notes appear as yellow, 3rd as blue and so on. So when the guitar is tuned B standard and I play E standard songs, I check this box. But if I tune to C standard with 5th string being C (or switch to lead for that matter) I can uncheck the option and 4th string will still be yellow. I don't know if it's the same for others, but I've got used to red being the "topmost" string and then was kinda confused after buying a 5-string bass... and now I find it hard to switch to lead or use the 5th string of the bass, because I'm already used to red being the second "topmost" string.
    Again, what you are describing is a significant change to the UI and notetracking as well. It's not feasible as a patched-in element to RS2014. Maybe some day in the future, if we get the chance to rebuild from the ground up, it might be possible, and we'd talk about the opportunity at that time. But until then, it's not planned as it's not something that we are prepared to try to shove in for the sake of having it. We'd rather do it right, and maybe someday, we will get the chance to revisit that idea.

Originally Posted by Muharred Go to original post
    Again, what you are describing is a significant change to the UI and notetracking as well. It's not feasible as a patched-in element to RS2014. Maybe some day in the future, if we get the chance to rebuild from the ground up, it might be possible, and we'd talk about the opportunity at that time. But until then, it's not planned as it's not something that we are prepared to try to shove in for the sake of having it. We'd rather do it right, and maybe someday, we will get the chance to revisit that idea.

pedietz's Avatar Senior Member
    Originally Posted by HMPoweredMan Go to original post
    Rocksmith remastered is just a glorified UI update. They didn't hire the programmers to do anything technical. Don't expect much.
    You guys that don't understand programming, are great candidates for middle managers!