Is it good to buy games from friends?

My friend have all assassin's Creed pc games upto assassin's Creed syndicate.
    He selling them now cheaper than original price, but i have a question is it okay to buy games from friends??
    It's legal???
    Any disadvantages???
    Please help me by giving your valuable advice guys.
    Thanks in advance.

Except the first Assassin's Creed, all pc versions are linked to a Uplay account. Maybe things have changed since I last bought a Uplay disc version (that was a long time ago, I buy mostly digital games for PC now), but usually the disc comes with just one Uplay activation code, so if your friend has used them then you won't be able to play the games without buying a separate new version. So I would recommend getting just the first game.

cawatrooper9's Avatar AC Forum Moderator
    I'd double check with the PC forums, too. They'd be able to tell you for sure if it'd work.

Originally Posted by cawatrooper9 Go to original post
    I'd double check with the PC forums, too. They'd be able to tell you for sure if it'd work.
    I see your approaching of 2000th comment. How do you feel about it? ^-^

Locopells's Avatar AC Forum Mod
    Originally Posted by Farlander1991 Go to original post
    Except the first Assassin's Creed, all pc versions are linked to a Uplay account. Maybe things have changed since I last bought a Uplay disc version (that was a long time ago, I buy mostly digital games for PC now), but usually the disc comes with just one Uplay activation code, so if your friend has used them then you won't be able to play the games without buying a separate new version. So I would recommend getting just the first game.
    Yep Uplay, et al, basically nerfed the 2nd hand market for all post ACII games. Sorry

Thanks

Thanks guys for help. I'm going to buy new games. I already bought ac2 and brotherhood, they are amazing...