🛈 Announcement
Greetings! Anno forums are now archived and accessible in read-only mode, please go to the new platform to discuss the game

Need help with orbital station layout (6 electronics, 6 energy)

Greetings,

I'm trying to make an orbital station with 6 electronics and 6 energy workshops. However, I can't figure out any layout that can make it work. My biggest problem is that both energy and electronics workshops require modules that generate very high amount of heat, and the 48 modules limit makes it impossible to place all the radiators required to cool down the workshops.

Is it possible to make an orbital station with 6 electronics and 6 energy workshops?
     1 people found this helpful

I cannot answer your actual question (but I am sure it is doable), but why would you use more than 5 of any workshop (is that really possible?)? There is no benefit at all, quite the contrary, as you miss out on potential technologies provided by different workshops in the nexus.

Just to clarify: the technology nexus has 5 "strains" (Energy, Electronics, Heavy Industry, Agriculture, Biotech) with 5 levels each. To make it possible to use level 5 technologies of agriculture, you need 5 of the respective workshops. If you'd only want to use Electronics technologies up to level 3, you'd need 3 of the respective workshops and so on.
    Therefore building more than 5 is a waste.

This is the station that you asked for:

But as Frydoom sayed 6 Laboratories of the same industry is a waste, you should do a 5-5-1-1 layout or 5-5-2. If i were you i would do a 5-5-2 agricolture for the swap or maybe a 5-5-1agriculture-1biotech for the 10% production. But those layout are more complex than this one.

In my layout you can see that i use the same configuration for one lab and then i stack it in a linear way to reuse the same modules. In this layout you can save 2 more modules if you mirror the energy layout and turn by 90° the electronics to reuse 2 solar cells

If you need others configurations don't w8 to ask, i love creating stations ^_^
     3 people found this helpful

Originally Posted by Frydoom Go to original post
    I cannot answer your actual question (but I am sure it is doable), but why would you use more than 5 of any workshop (is that really possible?)? There is no benefit at all, quite the contrary, as you miss out on potential technologies provided by different workshops in the nexus.

Just to clarify: the technology nexus has 5 "strains" (Energy, Electronics, Heavy Industry, Agriculture, Biotech) with 5 levels each. To make it possible to use level 5 technologies of agriculture, you need 5 of the respective workshops. If you'd only want to use Electronics technologies up to level 3, you'd need 3 of the respective workshops and so on.
    Therefore building more than 5 is a waste.
    It's actually possible to make up to 12 workshops of the same type and get 1200 expertise points. Anyway, you're right. There's no point in making more than 5 workshops of the same type because the maximum number of workshops required to unlock the highest technology tier in each strain is 5.

But you see, I'm doing this solely for role-playing. To completely obtain all the technologies in the energy strain requires 560 expertise points. 5 workshops only yield 500 points. I would like the remaining 60 expertise points to come from the energy strain instead of other unrelated strains. Therefore, 6 energy workshops = 600 expertise points. Since there's another 640 expertise points and 6 workshops remain unused, might as well put them into the electronics strain. After all, both energy and electronics strains are related and offset each other's drawbacks.

Control System Overclocking (Electronic) increases all productivity by 5%, at the price of increased energy maintenance by 25%.
    Accumulator Overload + Power Saving Mode + Kinetic Micro Generator (Energy) increases energy production by more than 20%.
    Having both technologies results in a boost of 5% in all productivity at the price of less than 5% increased energy maintenance.

Paid Overtime (Energy) increases workforce by 10%, at the price of decreased revenue in arctic,tundra & lunar sectors by 10%,
    Consumer Electronics (Electronic) increases revenue by 10%, at the price of decreased workforce of 10% in temperate sectors.
    Having both technologies results in 10% increase in workforce in Arctic, Tundra, & Lunar sectors, with 10% increased revenue in temperate sectors.

Hydrogen Enrichment (Energy) and Anti-G Accessory (Electonic) means not having to send deuterium and IntelliWear into Lunar sectors, reducing space transfer routes by 2 per lunar sector.

Originally Posted by Laxuar Go to original post
    This is the station that you asked for

I'm amazed! Thank you! My utmost gratitude to you for your assistance. Having unlocked the Veteran Statue and completed most of the achievements, this is the only layout I need for the whole game.

is this offer open to everyone?^^

If so, i would like to order a 1200-Station with 5 Agriculture, 5 Electronics, 1 Energy and 1 Biotech.

Originally Posted by TheLastC64User Go to original post
    is this offer open to everyone?^^

If so, i would like to order a 1200-Station with 5 Agriculture, 5 Electronics, 1 Energy and 1 Biotech.
    Ofc it is ^_^

Here is the station you asked for:

I did the most module-connector efficent i could do, you still have some connectors and module to make it more beautiful. Care using them to not mess with heat, my suggestion is to connect only modules with extra connector to avoid heat problems
     3 people found this helpful

Thanks very much. You really have a talent for this stuff

And its far more beautiful than everything i put together so far.

Spyros_I's Avatar Junior Member
    What should I do with my space station?
    I expected a sector, not a laboratory.
    My other sectors were already developed and I have everything in abundance.
    I cannot decide what technologies to choose. Any advice to someone that has everything?

Originally Posted by Spyros_I Go to original post
    What should I do with my space station?
    I expected a sector, not a laboratory.
    My other sectors were already developed and I have everything in abundance.
    I cannot decide what technologies to choose. Any advice to someone that has everything?

The choice is up to you. You have to think about what does your company should looks like and how much population do you want. The tecnologies you chose will force you to change your sectors layout.

If you want a big company i suggest you to go for biotech and agricolture or biotech and electronics. If you want to have no fusion power plant you have to take energy. Maybe you want a constant rare material production so you can do a 3-3-3-3 layout or make an unchained company with a 2-2-2-3-3 layout.

If you tell me what you are aiming for i can give you a better advice
     1 people found this helpful

Hey Laxuar

Could you make 5 Argi + 5 Electro + 2 Energy layout please ?

Thanks

Page 1 of 11 123 ... Last ►►